TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

AMNRL Website?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Is it me or is that a page with six links to the clubs. Nothing else.

It seems to indicate there are only 6 teams left in the AMNRL.

With only 6 teams left apparently in the USRL, World Cup qualification certainly has done very little for RL in the US, unfortunately …

#22 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

www.amnrl.org now up and running

Unfortunately, if you Google AMNRL, what you get is http://www.amnrl.com/

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#23 R Peers

R Peers
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

There are 7 teams in the AMNRL, from north to south: Connecticut Wildcats, New York Raiders, Southampton Dragons, New York Knights, Bucks County Sharks, Aston Bulls, Northern Virginia (NOVA) Eagles.

And as Jim from Oz rightly stated 6 teams in the USARL.

Things in the US are still very much in the developmental stage. They improve each year, especially the playing standard but unfortunately each club is pretty much reliant on one or two individuals that do the majority of the work/finance. The 2 teams that dropped out of the USARL this year we're mainly due to their owners moving on.

Boston 13s

www.Boston13s.com

E-mail: info@Boston13s.com

Twitter: @Boston13s

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Boston13s

Youtube: http://www.youtube.c.../FortyTwentyInc

Personal

Twitter: @robinpeers

#24 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Vaguely on topic, but on my recent trip to Oz, I met an American in my hostel. We got to chatting about sports and he said he'd seen a few rugby matches (Lions tour) and didn't really get on with it. I pointed out that there are 2 rugby codes and took him to see Melbourne v Cronulla. Based on his reaction, I expect he'll be a regular at DC Slayers once he's finished his travels!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#25 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,984 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Nice bit of missionary work brooza.

rldfsignature.jpg

#26 R Peers

R Peers
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Great work Brooza!

Boston 13s

www.Boston13s.com

E-mail: info@Boston13s.com

Twitter: @Boston13s

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Boston13s

Youtube: http://www.youtube.c.../FortyTwentyInc

Personal

Twitter: @robinpeers

#27 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

In the last few seasons lots of SL, NRL & the SOO games get broadcast on Fox Soccer channel, it goes down very well but......for some reason during HT they play a kind of montage of runs, plays, hits etc and its usually RU Montage ??

Most fella's I show games to say they have watched "Rugby" before..........during and after watching League games with me they usually say " I've never seen "Rugby" like that before, then the education begins ;)   

#28 tw15

tw15
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

I wonder what's going on in the USA?

With all the talk of a NFL-Union tie up and Grand Prix Entertainment in charge of both codes of rugby, I was thinking RL is quietly being suppressed. But I've just read on the Guardian website that the union project has been delayed to 2014 http://www.guardian....on-london-irish

#29 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,984 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

In the last few seasons lots of SL, NRL & the SOO games get broadcast on Fox Soccer channel, it goes down very well but......for some reason during HT they play a kind of montage of runs, plays, hits etc and its usually RU Montage ??

Most fella's I show games to say they have watched "Rugby" before..........during and after watching League games with me they usually say " I've never seen "Rugby" like that before, then the education begins ;)   

Keep up the good work Mick.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users