Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Meet the new coach

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Just got this on email

Featherstone Rovers will exclusively reveal the identity of their new Head Coach at a special “Meet the new Coach” event held at the Cappers Bar on Wednesday 15th May at 7.30PM.

The club will be informing the wider Thursday morning with the official press release but Featherstone Rovers supporters can find out first by attending on the evening. The new Head Coach will be available for a “Q&A” session along with Featherstone Rovers Chief Executive Craig Poskitt and Featherstone Rovers Chairman Mark Campbell.

Featherstone Rovers Chief Executive Craig Poskitt said “We are officially announcing our new Head Coach on Thursday but to reward our loyal supporters we are giving them the first opportunity to meet him and understand his vision for Featherstone Rovers. We are really excited about the appointment and it is key to our Destination Super League aspirations. We look forward to seeing you all there for a highly informative evening.”

The bar will be open from 7:00pm so don’t miss out!

Wonder if he'll be sat in the corner with a red blanket over his head waiting for it to start? :D

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I wonder if I can get a bet on at ladbrokes on who the new coach is? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

I doubt whether they would be taking any bets on John Bastian. Looks like a done deal to me....

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Wonder if he'll be sat in the corner with a red blanket over his head waiting for it to start? :D

Obviously he won't be. It will be a blue and white blanket. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 philcow

philcow
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Not convinced bringing young players on all well and good, but coaching a first team mmm?

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

He won't get people talking that's for sure but if he's the coach we need to back him He will get all he needs to make us successful just want to see if he brings his own staff with him

#7 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I wonder if I can get a bet on at ladbrokes on who the new coach is? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, it's not Andy Hay, just been announced as assistant coach at Salford :-))))))
Im Fev and im proud

#8 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Good luck to him, big step up from youth coaching. Its nice to have mates in high positions I guess.

#9 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

Good luck to him, big step up from youth coaching. Its nice to have mates in high positions I guess.

Andy Hay apparently had mates in high places, but it didn't help him :-)))
Im Fev and im proud

#10 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Good luck to whoever gets the job as head coach, if my memory is correct Brad Davis and Dave Woods were apparently offered the job before Daryl and history proves that wasn't too bad a choice.

#11 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Learn from our mistake

just because you coach young kids don't
make you a championship coach
underestimation has been our downfall this season by the coaching staff

fev have a far greater height to fall than us

we expect defeat..were fev struggle with it ;)

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

Learn from our mistake

just because you coach young kids don't
make you a championship coach
underestimation has been our downfall this season by the coaching staff

fev have a far greater height to fall than us

we expect defeat..were fev struggle with it ;)

As much as I agree with you coolie. If he was the best candidate for the job then he should get it IMO ( apparently their was 12 that applied so if he is the best of the 12 he must have something about him). Every coach deserves a chance and DP was a similar mould when he first came to us. But our BOD as high ambitions and if the new coach doesn't match them he will be shipped out I'm sure. So if he doesn't cut the mustard so to speak the gamble will only last a season at most I'm sure. Also you say we can only go one way I disagree we have won one final out of 6 we could take all before us so we can get better but like you say we can also get worse.

#13 Jason Alcorn

Jason Alcorn
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Already announced on radio Leeds this morning as being John Bastian!! If true, not a very well kept secret.

#14 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I heard that as well Jason. Says he is taking over at the end if the season.

Edited by frankj, 15 May 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

No surprises then bastian it is. Also worthington as signed a two year contract extension.

#16 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Disappointed that DP hasn't taken about 15 of your first team squad with him!! ;)

#17 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sounds like he has tried and failed

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

In January Feisal announced that he had formed a consortuim to back up his ideas in his support for Fev. Nobody seemed to remember this at the meeting and I wonder if this consortium has died a death. I would have thought that after a good 5 months  something would have been presented to us on what the consortium was doing, . Any thoughts anybody?.

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

In January Feisal announced that he had formed a consortuim to back up his ideas in his support for Fev. Nobody seemed to remember this at the meeting and I wonder if this consortium has died a death. I would have thought that after a good 5 months  something would have been presented to us on what the consortium was doing, . Any thoughts anybody?.

the way i remember it colin, he said he had investors waiting in the wings if we make superleague.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#20 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks OR. That clarifys it somewhat. Old age creeping on you know. Checked the car door twice yeaterday after I had locked it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users