Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gareth Hock in trouble again.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Perhaps it wasn't on the field?

According to the citation it took place on the field in the 36th minute.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

According to the citation it took place on the field in the 36th minute.

Ha! Nevermind then.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Perhaps it's a new radio series, Ban Hock's Half Hour.

:ph34r:

I'll get my coat.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

No one Ive spoke to saw it, but it wouldnt surprise me as he`s just a horrible piece of work on the pitch. Dropping elbows and knees into tackles, pretty much every time he was tackled he got up indignant as though it was wrong of mere mortals to put him on his ass. Simply put, he`s a #####.

#25 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Some people just don't learn....

For those of you who remain unsuspended:  Please wait until the official release of the disciplinary hearing before speculating further.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#26 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

"Widnes Vikings forward Hock has been charged with a Grade D offence of making deliberate physical contact with the referee in the 36th minute of their game against Workington Town on Sunday May 12."

I missed the game (they don't show challenge cup games here in the US except for the final) so I didnt see what happened.  Did Hock get sinbinned?  If not, I have to scratch my head as Grade D is pretty serious.  Remember when Peacock getting sinbinned last month just for making a single comment to the ref?

Guess we'll find out later today after the hearing.

#27 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Stokes is a bigger mug for not sending him off

#28 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Perhaps it's a new radio series, Ban Hock's Half Hour.

:ph34r:

I'll get my coat.

Love it  :lol:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#29 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Grade D 4 match ban - summat must of gone on then  :(

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#30 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

you see this is whats wrong with rl at the moment, ffs why don't they tell us what happened why cause all this speculation :angry:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#31 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Some people just don't learn....

For those of you who remain unsuspended:  Please wait until the official release of the disciplinary hearing before speculating further.

He has been banned for four matches for 'deliberate contact with the referee'.  Sounds like he gave him a shove.  He has previous in this area as he was previously banned for contact with a referee while playing for Wigan.

#32 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

you see this is whats wrong with rl at the moment, ffs why don't they tell us what happened why cause all this speculation :angry:

calm down and just read the disciplinary report when its uploaded, probably tomorrow.
Pretty transparent to be honest.

#33 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Outraged by this, I've seen literally no proof that anything happened.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#34 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

And that's what's wrong with the game! Same laws, different rules! If an amateur abuses a ref(as Hock did earlier in season) the book is thrown at him. What I'm saying is, surely if you have been assaulted you know! We can't have referees assaulted or abused, but at the same time we can't have all this AFTER a game! For example, did the referee'get in the way' of a tackle? If so, is that assault? Is the ref not'part of the pitch'?

Different rules because in one case it's a person's job we are talking about. A life ban for deliberately touching the referee would be actionable in the courts
Banning an amateur sends the message not to do it and hopefully they remember it when a pro.
The RFL have this spot on.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#35 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

What seems odd is that irrespective of whether length of ban is fair or not, report on sporting life suggest a game that he isn't eligible to play in will count towards ban. Widnes have Wigan within next four matches which his loan agreement preludes hock from playing in. Afaik it also doesn't allow him to go out on dual reg. so if he isn't eligible to play in a match that week how can it count towards the ban?.

#36 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

From what I've heard Stokes deemed it to be accidental hence why he took no action at the time and said so in his match report, but Mr Ganson felt it wasn't accidental and so referred it.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#37 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

What seems odd is that irrespective of whether length of ban is fair or not, report on sporting life suggest a game that he isn't eligible to play in will count towards ban. Widnes have Wigan within next four matches which his loan agreement preludes hock from playing in. Afaik it also doesn't allow him to go out on dual reg. so if he isn't eligible to play in a match that week how can it count towards the ban?.

Is it a 4 game or 4 week ban

#38 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Is it a 4 game or 4 week ban

Bans are usually number of matches and that's how it's described in report. That's why I thought it odd that Wigan game would count.

Edited by matt newsholme, 14 May 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#39 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

banned for four games

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#40 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

"Hock was punished for coming into contact with referee George Stokes during Widnes Vikings' 36-0 win over Workington in Sunday's Tetley's Challenge Cup fifth round tie at Derwent Park."

Sounds to me like Hock's actions were completely unneccessary

"36-0 win"  :rolleyes:

Oh well, how does that song go? "And some men like to hear, the cannon ball a roarin'."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users