Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hock in trouble

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Referee George Stokes has reported Gareth Hock for deliberate contact with the referee in Sunday's game.    Anyone see what happened?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Didn't see it but did comment to my mate on stokes having mud all up the back of his shirt in the 2nd half

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Didn't see it but did comment to my mate on stokes having mud all up the back of his shirt in the 2nd half

Yes, I noticed that as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hock is a lunatic and to be honest a great player but be glad when gone next year.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Racking my brain but can't think of anything .

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hock out stack in

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Wouldn't be surprised . Couldn't blame him if a SL chance came . We can talk of money but most players would still take the shot at the top level.

Edited by DavidM, 13 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#8 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

He has always said he wants to play in super league so I would be happy for him if of course big kavanah or Lawton on a years loan as part of the deal

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Aye he's given great service . We don't want him to go of course , but if he gets his chance ... And big Lawton would do very nice thank you .

#10 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

He has always said he wants to play in super league so I would be happy for him if of course big kavanah or Lawton on a years loan as part of the deal

I can not see this happening mate, as only played a few games and is starting to develop nicely.Maybe a month to month rolling loan as maybe needed next year if injuries occur.Yesterday Widnes had Ah Van,Isa,Hanbury,Cross,Brown and Cahill missing.You need strength in depth for Superleague.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

they wont get rid of hock so its a pointless discussion.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

off first viewing i would rather have walne than kavanagh, lawton yeah would be a great deal but i cant see any of this happening. firstly the vikings wont get rid of hock, secondly stack wont leave town and kavanagh isnt good enough in my opinion for us to replace our best player with.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

They've already got rid of him ...well Wigan have as he's their player

Edited by DavidM, 13 May 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

They've already got rid of him ...

i thought you were talking about immediate action. lawton said on twitter he might be back soon so we could see him in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by wonky, 13 May 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Oh no .

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Oh no .

wires crossed. lol

#17 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

I was talking about next season with hock going and stack moving up in a world record transfer of course!
Didn't see what hock did too George but not looking good!!

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

No worries !!!
Lets hope it's pointless then to , but he's one bloke you couldn't begrudge anything he did .

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Have I missed the Cup draw ??

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

No worries !!!
Lets hope it's pointless then to , but he's one bloke you couldn't begrudge anything he did .

you certainly couldnt, will go down as one of our best forwards of the summer seasons and has been very loyal and a great servant. although signing for 2 years shows hes more than happy in gods country. lets hope were still cheering him on for many years to come. as for hock with stokes, i didnt see anything but you certainly wouldnt be shocked if he has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users