Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hock in trouble

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Aye , just seems to be in him doesn't it . Got sent off not so long ago for giving an in goal ref a gobful didn't he . One incident among to many I'm afraid . I'll be very interested how they handle him in Oz

Edited by DavidM, 14 May 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#42 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hasn't he been banned for this before

Edited by John Drake, 14 May 2013 - 09:10 PM.
Offensive comment removed

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

July 2008 mate . Grabbed Ian Smiths elbow , 5 game ban . Quote afterward ' I won't be doing that again that's for sure '

#44 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

July 2008 mate . Grabbed Ian Smiths elbow , 5 game ban . Quote afterward ' I won't be doing that again that's for sure '

Well he didn't !!!   :lol:

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#45 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Four matches for something the match ref thought was accidental- compared to five matches for running from the field of play, smacking a player, a steward and a match commisioner. Something wrong somewhere?

#46 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

unbelivable if Hock gets four games for that - and I saw the incident happen, then the guy who ran into Bentham and done his knee should be signed high . If anything it was the ginger tosser who moved when hick was running back into the line and there was very little chance of Gaz getting out of the way. If anything, as a poster on the widnes forum correctly says, he should be banned for not running over the idiots head

#47 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Aye , just seems to be in him doesn't it . Got sent off not so long ago for giving an in goal ref a gobful didn't he . One incident among to many I'm afraid . I'll be very interested how they handle him in Oz

he will be fine - different style of refs and players who can give as good as they take .

#48 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Four matches for something the match ref thought was accidental- compared to five matches for running from the field of play, smacking a player, a steward and a match commisioner. Something wrong somewhere?

The match commissioner deserved it! 😂
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#49 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Liverpool Echo today: "Widnes coach Denis Betts told the ECHO: “They made a bit of a line break at the end of the first half from dummy-half.

“Gaz was running across when he bumped into the referee and they alleged he could have changed his line.

“I think Gaz’s record has gone against him a little bit.

“There’s no malice or intent there and the referee just gets back up and gets on with it.

“It’s just a bump in his back but it knocks him off balance.

“The hard part is that they haven’t been able to take into account how difficult it was to change direction

“When you watch it on tape the grass looks pretty green and the surface looks okay.

“So you can’t actually appreciate how horrible it was on the field.

“It’s one of those things; we’ve just got to take our medicine and go with it.”"

#50 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

The detailed report from the RFL disciplinary is now on-line. They appeared to have primarily based their decision on the video evidence. Worth reading.
http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?4441

Edited by Supporter, 15 May 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#51 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

The detailed report from the RFL disciplinary is now on-line. They appeared to have primarily based their decision on the video evidence. Worth reading.
http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?3407

Have I missed something? That link was Ryan Bailey??? http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?4441

Edited by Nero, 15 May 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#52 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Have I missed something? That link was Ryan Bailey???

Sorry, correct now, put it down to old age and/or technology incompetence!

#53 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Sorry, correct now, put it down to old age and/or technology incompetence!

No need to apologise, the story of my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users