TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Leigh.Sun19th 3pm K.O.

Match Thread & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (24 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. Voted Leigh To Win (15 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Tight game, Leigh take drop goal to go 1 in front, Fev to score in final two minutes to pinch it.
Fev 28 Leigh 23.

Off topic, what's behind the Saturday one o'clock kick off at Leigh on 1st June?

The Saturday one o'clock kick off as we understand it is, we Leigh wanted to play Friday night as Swinton are playing at the LSV on the Sunday and Fev didn't want the Friday, so the RFL then have to step in and that was the day and time decided as I think there's a wedding or something on later on the Saturday so that's why it's an early kick off, hope that helps.

#22 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Saturday at one suits me fine ,a bus load of us on way to Wigan for a night out after game
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#23 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Saturday at one suits me fine ,a bus load of us on way to Wigan for a night out after game

Nice one mate, I am now coming over for the game tomorrow, looking forward to meeting Sidnee and Robin [Rotherham fev fan] again.

#24 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Great spoons in town, Thomas Burke, if you are early enough

#25 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Fev 32 Leigh 26

First try Will Sharp

Man of match Andy Kain

ATT 2780
Im Fev and im proud

#26 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Great spoons in town, Thomas Burke, if you are early enough

we will be plenty early mate
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#27 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Suicidal rugby at its very best,

#28 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Best team won today there defence was bang on Lets hope Greg back next week if not we need someone in centre

#29 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Best and more composed side won..Overdid our plays and got caught; Leighs defence was great;

#30 danny79

danny79
  • Facebook
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

we were losing at half time same as when we played fax,,guess who was missing today at half time.
just my opinion,,,,,

#31 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Best and more composed side won..Overdid our plays and got caught; Leighs defence was great;

Spot on. Another day, interceptions might not have happened and we might have won. We didn't, the best team on the day did. We move on, end of!

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#32 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can't believe we won, that amount of position and possession would have the sky predictor at Fev by 40
Lot of guts from our lads today

#33 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

It doesn't matter how much ball we have if you tackle like you did we just couldn't get through Shame our centre didn't tackle half as much but onwards and upwards we can't win them all with a bit of luck we can get back to a bit of normality over the next week and get our first win

#34 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

we were losing at half time same as when we played fax,,guess who was missing today at half time.
just my opinion,,,,,

Can't turn the clock back Danny - DP has gone - move on

#35 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Best team won, we gifted them 3 interception tries,although our 2 tries were brilliant, defence was awesome, move on, bring on next week. Onwards and upwards!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#36 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

I can't believe we won, that amount of position and possession would have the sky predictor at Fev by 40
Lot of guts from our lads today

full agreement. your lads were out on their feet, but still kept going. and you lost brierley to injury. they did you proud, and the support did them proud.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#37 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

This is how I saw it. Leigh tackled like demons. Although their task was made easier by the amount of one up Rugby we played today. The forwards fir Leigh were incredible especially, Ostik, Goulden, Spencer, Thorniley, Hopkins and Beswick. Beswick played 60 minutes at hooker, and just as he was having a well deserved rest, blowing out of his rse, he had to come back on because of the Injury to Brierley, top effort by a top bloke at this level.

In fairness neither team created anything from close quarters, the only close range try was when Matt Gardener slipped the tackle of Jonny Hepworth for the softest if soft tries.

Hardman and Hodson were Rovers' men of match for me, with Martyn Ridyard making the difference for Leigh with his direction.

I hope it was just a bad day at the office for Fev but we had poor completion in this game. The one thing however that I hope I'm wrong about is that Rovers' body language looked a little negative today.

York and Leigh next, can the team bounce back?

#38 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Very sporting reactions from Fev fans. Our team spirit (and defence) seems to have gone up a couple of notches since we had to stop paying win bonuses. Just goes to show that players in the Championship aren't in it for the money!

Anyway, now that we've finally got the Featherstone monkey off our backs, the league game in a fortnight should also be a close one.

#39 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well done to all the Fev fans who after the game wished us luck and said how well we played. It was a good day out from getting into Fev in The Last orders pub and the Fev Hotel to getting home to Leigh. Now looking forward to the game at ours in 2 weeks time. And again sorry I missed you Robin, and also Sidnee, hope to see you at Leigh.

By the way Robin Frank asked me to tell you if you tried to contact him tonight he left his phone in Barnard's car and won't get it back till Wednesday.

Edited by ian c, 19 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users