• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Highlights of the Town v Hunslet match.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

That Walne try must have started with a zero tackle because the ref didn't restart the count from Peters kick ... Or Turley made an uncle Albert mistake as the Hunsletites claim ???

#3 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Look like it should have been restarted to me I thought it hit a Hunslet boot but as the ref didn't signal it, should have been the handover which it looked like the ref was about to blow up for

Either way, what's done is done, see you Sunday for Round 2

Edited by morley-hawk, 13 May 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

He had his whistle to his lips then didn't blow it . Pass.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

He had his whistle to his lips then didn't blow it . Pass.

I think he re-started the count but forgot to signal the re-count.    It would be interesting to hear from a player if re-started the count!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I think that must be it .

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

And they're still bitching about scoring on the 7th tackle even though the video clearly shows the ball having come off a Hunslet player. :rolleyes:

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

It clearly did show that . The ref caused the confusion .

#9 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Was a good effort by the Huslet video folk, wish we could do summat similar.

It was laughable when they conceded 32 points that Eaton blames the 7 tackles play ( which was play on anyway after it was played at) for the defeat. If they carry on they will turn into Keighley with all the whinging.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Yeh that's the kind of thing , a couple of minutes of highlights of your games on the official website or somewhere every week . Very well done hunslet there .

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

7th tackle try .... We do seem to like that number .

#12 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yes, 7th consecutive tackle try.
Not a try on 7th tackle as Hunslet played at the ball, so it was back to 1. Ref didn't signal though.

#13 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Correct he told me he just didn't signal

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#14 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Was that in between him trying to flog you some herbalife products!!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#15 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Yeah mate!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users