Thackray
Shacks
Stack
Olstrom

Robinson
Walne
Action
Morris

I predict a close encounter but town just edging it with home advantage town 20 Hunslet 16

Edited by scott, 13 May 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Get 4 or 5 Widnes lads in , give Betts his wish of game time for them , rest the likes of Stacky , Callum , Olstrum n Thacks and give them a breather for a few days before the second half of the season starts . This may be the only chance you get . Yes I know it's unlikely to happen like that , but our guys have been through the grinder this season .

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

There's one thing for sure the Hawks will be using DR players to the maximum if they can, so why not?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Exactly , just this once let us use the system as we're entitled to , rest up vital but battered bodies and say the first half of the season ended with Widnes , just freshen up after that hugely physical game and hugely physical few months . Our pack has rumbled unchanged week in week out and we play a forward game so they get no respite !!! And of course having Widnes players won't lessen your chances of winning this game !

Edited by DavidM, 13 May 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Donny home keighley away are far more important

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

is it that important to progress through this round in a competition we are very unlikely to win anyway??? i would go with bringing in DR to rest some forwards. could go either way depends on which team we select and bearing in mind the hawks are a decent side.

#7 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

is it that important to progress through this round in a competition we are very unlikely to win anyway??? i would go with bringing in DR to rest some forwards. could go either way depends on which team we select and bearing in mind the hawks are a decent side.

Agree with you there mate, rest a few but still think we have to win the game. The key to our consolidating in this league is crowds, with the footy season finishing, we need to keep winning and putting in big displays. Hunslet are a decent side, our second half which won the game last time was for me our best 40 of the season.

My team would be assuming we get dr
Miller
Mossop
Patrick
Hume
Calders
Connor
Phillips
Coward
Matty
Thacks
Stack
Walne
Luppy

Lawton
Shacks
Morris
Olstrom

Thought Morris looked better at second row against widnes, not that mossop has done owt wrong but would like a look at hulme in centres

Only alteration I might make would be rest stack altogether, start Morris at second row and bring in cotter for bench

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

i would be trying to win this game, weve won a good few in a row with the exception of widnes so we should be keeping a winning team. the lads will be enjoying getting winning pay so it would be hard telling any of them there being rested. the only one i would change is stack for a rest and bring walne in, keep acton back for donny. the likes of thacks had a decent rest with his ban, callum had a week off a couple back and theyve all missed weeks with the postponed games so i would be selecting our best 17 and keep them active.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Resting a few and winning the game aren't on parallel lines . The Widnes players you get will be more than good enough to aid winning a game at this level . I think we want to win this game to , we can achieve something in this comp , but its not undermining you to use a handful of SL players !! Either way , it's a good discussion and we'll see what they do .

#10 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Our good friend Mr Hewer to take charge on Sunday.....can't do any worse than Stokesy!

#11 maripins

maripins
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Get 4 or 5 Widnes lads in , give Betts his wish of game time for them , rest the likes of Stacky , Callum , Olstrum n Thacks and give them a breather for a few days before the second half of the season starts . This may be the only chance you get . Yes I know it's unlikely to happen like that , but our guys have been through the grinder this season .

Agreed, and add Matty and Acton to that list.
Carter,Calders,Mossop,Patrick,Miller,Connor,Forber,Dowes,DR,Coward.
,Shacks,Walne,Lupton. Bench:- Morris,Robinson,Coyle, DR

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Agreed, and add Matty and Acton to that list.
Carter,Calders,Mossop,Patrick,Miller,Connor,Forber,Dowes,DR,Coward.
,Shacks,Walne,Lupton. Bench:- Morris,Robinson,Coyle, DR

i think coyle is still injured. i also think matty is still needing game time.

Edited by wonky, 14 May 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yes Matty has had time off so he's ok , 4 or 5 others have had heavier workloads . My top 5 would be Stacky , Olstrum , Callum , Thacks and either Lupton or Acton .

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Dunno what's happening with Coyle . Never looked physically right and so was susceptible to injuries . I don't really see the role he plays when fit to be honest

#15 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Some times it seems a good idea to give i or 2 a rest but most players when fit would rather be playing than sat in the stand.I think the coach will be able to tell at training the ones he think,s need a rest plus asking the player him self how he feel,s?????.It is also good to keep a winning streak going.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Fair points indeed . I hope we see Hulme again to in the centres . I think with his footwork and speed he could offer us something different there in attack .

Edited by DavidM, 14 May 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#17 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Fair points indeed . I hope we see Hulme again to in the centres . I think with his footwork and speed he could offer us something different there in attack .

Never a winger mate but he will play anywhere for a game.Goodluck this weekend I do look out for the Town now.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Nice one . We'll save our luck though for next week !!

Edited by DavidM, 14 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#19 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

I hope we give a few a rest, but would like to win to keep our good run going, it will give us confidence going into the Donny game.
It will be interesting to see what the attendances will be like this weekend, they have been poor right across the division and Sheffield V Halifax only pulled in 700 in the challenge cup. I would be delighted with 600 on Sunday.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

I hope we give a few a rest, but would like to win to keep our good run going, it will give us confidence going into the Donny game.
It will be interesting to see what the attendances will be like this weekend, they have been poor right across the division and Sheffield V Halifax only pulled in 700 in the challenge cup. I would be delighted with 600 on Sunday.

yeah i think it will be down this week. good thing there isnt anything to play for in the footy so that wont take anything off the gate. but i would expect between 500-600, cant see them bringing many with it being a cup game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users