Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Hunslet and predictions

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

It would be great to see El Miller at fullback, IMO we haven't used his attacking potential to the full this season. We all know how devastating he can be with a bit of space in front of him. I would have given Stacky a week off to get him back fresh for the Donny game.

#182 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

It would be great to see El Miller at fullback, IMO we haven't used his attacking potential to the full this season. We all know how devastating he can be with a bit of space in front of him. I would have given Stacky a week off to get him back fresh for the Donny game.

I don't think stack would want a rest,sometimes players like to keep this going when on form. Like you though in looking forward to seeing Miller at fb, were need him more involved.

#183 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Right unicorn . Think he'll really enjoy today in the thick of action at the back and really stretching his legs plenty of times !

Edited by DavidM, 19 May 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#184 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hunslet team today (I think). Names in brackets, players two weeks ago. A very different team.
Bush (Watson)

Chisholm
Clayton (Keinhorst)
Brickwood (Welham)
Kain (Pryce)

Grimshaw (Ansell)
Ansell (Helliwell)

Lewis (Yates)
Hood (Haigh)
Haley
Watson (Haughey)
Oakes (Houston)
March

Subs: Haigh, Yates, Menzies, Mapals (Hood, Menzies, Singleton, Brickwood)

Edited by Supporter, 19 May 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#185 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

great result guys - keep the winning mentality going( forget the CC) - confidence must be high at the moment and even changing the team around didnt affect today. Looking forward to coming up next week for the Donny game  :smoke:

#186 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

callum will have wanted to play and from what ive heard hes been desperate to get a shot in the halves

and he likes winning money !!! ;)

#187 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

thought leuleuai was very good today, probably the pick out of all the widnes lads weve had up.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#188 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

thought leuleuai was very good today, probably the pick out of all the widnes lads weve had up.

Big powerfull lad him, excellent ptb too, I'd take him weekly.

#189 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Not the biggest in modern terms but strong and lithe . Looks like he has the build to really shift if in the clear to .

#190 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Big powerfull lad him, excellent ptb too, I'd take him weekly.

hes one whos always available as well so he should be a regular if he can perform like that weekly, i hope we can extend walnes loan as well he also looks a better player than adam imo.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#191 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Aye you'd have them both . Can't have enough quality , pedigree players

#192 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yes, I think Charlo needs to be thinking of later in the season now and getting some of these lads signed on loan and here for the rest of the season.  I'm sure Widnes would allow Hulme and Leuleuai to be with us to the end and I'd be on the phone asking for young Walne on loan as well.    The last thing we want is to get to nearer the end of the season and be short of bodies on the field, like we have for the past two seasons.    We are going to have a fixture pile up with three outstanding games to fit in so we need to be able to rotate some players, it's only common sense.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users