Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Hunslet and predictions

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#21 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

IF we have every one fit keep playing them most players like to play each week,it all helps to build team work and confidence.It might seem a good idea to get some lads from Widnes but most have just played in the academy team and find it,s a big step up to our league.Plus most have had no game time lately.

#22 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hunslet have signed Thomas Coyle on a months loan from Leigh, could be in this weekend

#23 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Lets hope he's of the same quality as his brother!

#24 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

The Widnes 19 for Friday is: Allen, Brown, Clarke, Craven, Dean, Flynn, Gore, Joseph, Kavanagh, Lawton, Leuluai, Marsh, Mellor, O'Carroll, Owens, Phelps, Pickersgill, White, Winterstein. Taking into account their injuries, even if we wanted to rest some of our squad by using DR, it isn't really possible. The only plus possibility is that (only if suitable/required) the 18th and 19th man plus Hulme and Briscoe may still be available for Sunday.

Edited by Supporter, 15 May 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

The Widnes 19 for Friday is: Allen, Brown, Clarke, Craven, Dean, Flynn, Gore, Joseph, Kavanagh, Lawton, Leuluai, Marsh, Mellor, O'Carroll, Owens, Phelps, Pickersgill, White, Winterstein. Taking into account their injuries, even if we wanted to rest some of our squad by using DR, it isn't really possible. The only plus possibility is that (only if suitable/required) the 18th and 19th man plus Hulme and Briscoe may still be available for Sunday.

i think briscoe is currently playing amateur to keep fit, i might be wrong though. we have a 17 to beat them even more comfortably than last time so well see who he selects. acton was a concussion so he could be back for sunday. ill go for town by 10

Edited by wonky, 15 May 2013 - 04:17 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

After the ' the team we have out we shouldn't be losing ' we now have ' we should be turning the likes of these over shouldn't we ' on the hawks forum . We don't seem to get a lot of credit or appreciation of the quality our squad from some on the outside !!! Looking at predictions of our games from some people we should never have won a game ! And some hunslet fans seem to think , from what they write , that their team is miles better than they're league position shows !

Edited by DavidM, 15 May 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

After the ' the team we have out we shouldn't be losing ' we now have ' we should be turning the likes of these over shouldn't we ' on the hawks forum . We don't seem to get a lot of credit or appreciation of the quality our squad from some on the outside !!! Looking at predictions of our games from some people we should never have won a game ! And some hunslet fans seem to think , from what they write , that their team is miles better than they're league position shows !

Charlo should be pinning these sort of quotes up in the changing room before the game.    There are some pompous pr***s amongst these Hunslet lot!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Top 5 got a mention to didn't it Keith ... As in we should be there , I can't believe we're not !!! Deary me , not little old us though . I can't think of one game we've won on merit this year , they've all been in games with two bad teams or total luck . Lucky old us to meet all these teams on off days or to get such good fortune .Must be true because we're always told it! And there's me looking at our team thinking boy we have some good players there and are handily placed while still only running on half power really ! Must be me .

Edited by DavidM, 15 May 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#29 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

i think briscoe is currently playing amateur to keep fit, i might be wrong though. we have a 17 to beat them even more comfortably than last time so well see who he selects. acton was a concussion so he could be back for sunday. ill go for town by 10

Also just noticed that Shaun is playing in a Legends match on Sunday for his testimonial fund.

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

The Hunslet fans must get their pomposity from Eaton who is claiming in his blog that the game swung on 3 rough calls they got at vital times.    He needs to have seen some of the rough calls we've had from refs up here this season!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hulme never figures for Widnes , he'd be better off here for the whole season developing and aiding our outside back attacking threat . We should be accepting him when offered and have a real and elongated look at what he can do further in field . We have solid defensive centres but it would be good to see if he can give something different with the ball , and the kid looks like he can hit to . May not work but at least if you try you've scratched that itch and you can move on .

Edited by DavidM, 15 May 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#32 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Acton not looking likely
bluewhitearmy

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Must have got a hefty bang to be keeping him out . Donny will do fine for the beast from the south-east

#34 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Acton not looking likely

It would be nice to have a regular injury list update, unless tactical reasons supersede the presentation of the information for fans.

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yes , said that before . A ' medical room ' page on the club site with players injury description , treatment , diagnosis and rough return estimate . I know NRL clubs do this and it's all information and communication to the fans . Nothing to detailed or intrusive but it keeps people in the loop , especially those who aren't die hard fans and don't follow things closely but are interested .

Edited by DavidM, 15 May 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#36 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yes , said that before . A ' medical room ' page on the club site with players injury description , treatment , diagnosis and rough return estimate . I know NRL clubs do this and it's all information and communication to the fans . Nothing to detailed or intrusive but it keeps people in the loop , especially those who aren't die hard fans and don't follow things closely but are interested .

Spot on David, it also ensures that long term injured players are not forgotten by fans and still feel included.

#37 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

they think that because they have got five dr lads from leeds they think they have a super league team??

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

The Hunslet fans must get their pomposity from Eaton who is claiming in his blog that the game swung on 3 rough calls they got at vital times. He needs to have seen some of the rough calls we've had from refs up here this season!!!!!!!

they rank up there with keighley fans for believing there own hype. when we make it 2 out of 2 on sunday we will still be a poor team who happened to meet the yorkshire super stars on an off day.come on town play for the full 80 and give them the beating thats overdue.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

with the dr they,ll use i,ll go for town 16 hunslet 28

thanks for your opinion marra. have you played hunslet yet?

#40 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

your welcome not at home we aint,but wont be too long.

you played them away yet? if so what was score marra ?