• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#41 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Acton not looking likely

head tests are never easy to pass after a big hit - have to equal or beat your score from when you did it at the start of the season and it can prove difficult but definately needed. Think it took young hulme three weeks after the Jam game lets hope Acton is sooner.

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yes , no doubt , that is an exact like for like comparison

#43 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

ye same score as yours last week oh no we did a little better only 30-0 ;)

ha ha hawks nilled ya eh. big difference from widnes and the hawks lol.

#44 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

ok marra hawks and widnes are of similar strength lol.

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yep , some Hunslet fans think the same !!!!

#46 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

head tests are never easy to pass after a big hit - have to equal or beat your score from when you did it at the start of the season and it can prove difficult but definately needed. Think it took young hulme three weeks after the Jam game lets hope Acton is sooner.

Just been reading up on the developing use of concussion tests across contact sports, I know they are compulsory in Australia, are they compulsory here now or just another example of the excellent Town conditioning and care programme?

#47 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

You would think if your team had been beaten by another team 7 times on the trot you should grasp that that team is better than yours, wouldn't you?

So why try to knock that team and try to belittle it?     What does it say about your own team?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#48 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Just been reading up on the developing use of concussion tests across contact sports, I know they are compulsory in Australia, are they compulsory here now or just another example of the excellent Town conditioning and care programme?

I seem to remember a Huns player had to pass something similar this season after a knock to the head

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Common sense I guess . Better safe than sorry with head related knocks.

#50 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Probably Stack is in most need of a rest. I'd have him in the 17 and have him play no more than 40 mins unless necessary i.e we are getting beat.
I'd play Matty as much of the 80 he can handle with Phillips as back-up. Jordan Walne also needs to play as much of the 80 as poss - he hasn't played much at all this season all told. Shacks also plays long minutes as he'll have a rest when Brett is back.
If any player has a niggle, then they are rested until next week.
Then go with whatever we can with who is left after the above, but make sure Forber is in the 17.

#51 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

ok marra hawks and widnes are of similar strength lol.

I want what this guy is drinking mate.lol. Wonder if you will use any Widnes dual players, as not many players left with injuries.Hock suspension has also hit us hard.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 15 May 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#52 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

got to be done mate, compulsory, if the doctor reports head concussion then they have to take a test online which records the score and sends to the RFL. They all take this at the start of the season and they have to either match or better the score from the start of the season before they are passed fit to play.I would presume that their is no difference in SL & Champ

#53 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lets hope he's of the same quality as his brother!

TBF hes is a lot better but that wouldnt take much would it

#54 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Stack is fit and on top form and you can bet he will be in the team against Hunslet if he as his way.

#55 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

got to be done mate, compulsory, if the doctor reports head concussion then they have to take a test online which records the score and sends to the RFL. They all take this at the start of the season and they have to either match or better the score from the start of the season before they are passed fit to play.I would presume that their is no difference in SL & Champ

Thanks for the clarification wonderofwood.

#56 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Which half backs on Sunday? Pick two from Forber, Connor, Lupton, Phillips and Coyle (if fit).

Edited by Supporter, 15 May 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#57 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

You would think if your team had been beaten by another team 7 times on the trot you should grasp that that team is better than yours, wouldn't you?

So why try to knock that team and try to belittle it? What does it say about your own team?

#58 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

So why try to knock that team and try to belittle it? What does it say about your own team?

i am told by a haven fan pora pora was choccy and was banned so maybe this is him in lighter but usual form

Edited by town4me, 15 May 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#59 Dearham Lass

Dearham Lass
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

Which half backs on Sunday? Pick two from Forber, Connor, Lupton, Phillips and Coyle (if fit).

Based on the fact that Forber is back, probably Lupton and Forber, but a chance also to play Lupton at Loose Forward and partner Forber and Connor or even Forber and Phillips for the game.

#60 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Obsession is something you are an expert on eh mate, you loser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users