Team for Hunslet and predictions

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#81 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Goodluck on Sunday i am cheering for you to win the Cup.Any Widnes lads playing? ;)

Edited by widnesrlfc, 16 May 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#82 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Not that we've heard as yet . All the best to you guys in the CC draw. And with a bit of luck in the draw this is indeed a cup we can reach the final in.

Edited by DavidM, 16 May 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#83 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Not that we've heard as yet . All the best to you guys in the CC draw. And with a bit of luck in the draw this is indeed a cup we can reach the final in.

Cheers mate and a good draw for Widnes could help furthur progress.I bet we get Wigan or Warrington away. :laugh:  Anyway i keep a look out for your team. ;)

#84 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'd have you second Lee , you've better halves than them and big Harrison . That's why I said its cyclical , you weren't forgotten . Plenty of times it was you and no doubt will be again in time !

i dont think anyone can claim barrow are better than haven at this present time.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#85 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Maybe , maybe not , but some of them say such silly and inaccurate things it feels good further dampening their delusions . And I don't think there's much it when Barra click , which they can do on their day .I don't rate haven to much on what I've seen of them to be honest . I wouldn't say it's that clear cut, Barra have an xfactor in their game when they play well , but not something to ponder over to much either way , my focus is entirely on us .

Edited by DavidM, 16 May 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#86 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Shot down by Who? I think you don't know what that means you dumb tool.

#87 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

I'm not sure about What we should do in this game, we almost certainly won't win the comp, so do we accept that And use this game to experiment or go for it And hope for no injuries.

Edited by dkw, 17 May 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#88 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

halifax already out, that only really leaves fev and sheffield to fear. and if they get each you just never know, were more than capable of beating everybody else at home and if the draw is kind we might suprise some people.

#89 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

.as for best team in cumbria dont make me laugh.

At the moment , in all seriousness , who is then ?

Typical troll behaviour - he hasn't replied to the question yet still keeps getting digs in at Town fans.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#90 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

you certainly cant rule leigh or batley out of the running two strong sides home or away.but its certainly opened it up for someone to meet fev in the final.but who????

oh yeah there both good sides but i fully expect town to beat leigh up here, there fad from special. in a one off knockout game its certainly up for grabs. win sunday and your only 2 good performances away from the final. and i dont think any team will fancy a trip up here to play either town or haven.also dont leigh play fev on sunday.

Edited by wonky, 17 May 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#91 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Constantly talking about Haven ??? What was that about talking rubbish ? You made a firm statement on town being the best team in Cumbria making you laugh , which had to be countered . I'm not obsessed by haven , work your way through 2000 odd of my posts on all matters to see , and you'll learn plenty and even may learn some grammar .

Constantly talking about Haven mr Haven fan ??? What was that about talking rubbish ? You made a firm statement on town being the best team in Cumbria making you laugh , which had to be countered , that was pure bias ignoring all reality , which makes your comeback pretty ironic . ! I'm not obsessed by haven , work your way through 2000 odd of my posts on all rugby league matters to see that that i comment on a broad canvas .You'll learn plenty as an added bonus and even may learn some grammar .

Edited by DavidM, 17 May 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#92 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Constantly talking about Haven mr Haven fan ??? What was that about talking rubbish ? You made a firm statement on town being the best team in Cumbria making you laugh , which had to be countered , that was pure bias ignoring all reality , which makes your comeback pretty ironic . ! I'm not obsessed by haven , work your way through 2000 odd of my posts on all rugby league matters to see that that i comment on a broad canvas .You'll learn plenty as an added bonus and even may learn some grammar .

dont feed the trolls mate.

#93 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Your right pal of course . Not often I dive in like that , but getting people who write some of the things they do telling you you talk rubbish is a wind up , but yes , no point seriously debating with people who just wanna bite

#94 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Barry Eaton in the star still going on about the 7 th tackle try . Let it go mate that isn't why we won the game . And all those Leeds players were there last time when they lost !

#95 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Barry Eaton in the star still going on about the 7 th tackle try . Let it go mate that isn't why we won the game . And all those Leeds players were there last time when they lost !

“A big turning point in the game at Workington was the seven-tackle try Town scored. But all credit to them, they took advantage of a refereeing error and moved on from there.

“Although we’ve a really hefty schedule, we learned from that game and we are confident we can win on Sunday.

Barry Eaton is unbelievable..... So the Hawks schedule is "hefty".... it must be so upsetting for him to have to travel out of Yorkshire so many times in a season!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#96 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Can see another west cumbria derby in last 8 maybe just maybe we can turn the tables 

#97 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Excellent point Otto. They are like that down there aren't they ? We must have a permanently hefty schedule then .

Edited by DavidM, 17 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#98 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

To be fair fellas, three trips to West Cumbria in five weeks is ramming it home to me just how much travelling you lot have to do in a season. To all Town and Haven fans who do go home and away, very well done indeed.

That's not the most interesting part of Eaton's quote for me though ... "we learned from that game" is the bit that catches my eye; I've believe it when I see it ...

#99 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

I read on the hunslet forum someone post that the result depended on whether ' we had Keinhorst and Singleton available ' . In all seriousness as a general point it is an issue for clubs that their performances depend on players on DR who of course aren't theirs .
If that rug is pulled how would certain teams who invest a lot in it perform then ? We wouldn't notice , we use our own players . I hope other teams aren't a house of cards who rely to much on outside help , its a short term benefit but are the deeper structures strong enough to maintain consistent performances without it . You shouldn't be putting to much weight on DR , as its not really a true reflection of your underlying strength . I'm not having a dig , but those 5 Leeds guys do get an inordinate amount of attention , and of course we see the situation at Swinton .

Edited by DavidM, 17 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#100 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

But if you look at were both teams that seem to be realying on DR are in the league,i just wonder if it make,s your team that mutch better, most of them have just come out of the academy league,now putting 5 into 1 team,some maybe not played for a while,just a thought ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users