Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Hunslet and predictions

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#121 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Their on Thursday night aren't they so will have to balance that out .

#122 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Their on Thursday night aren't they so will have to balance that out .

yeah Dave the hawks fan saying they are now saving their players for next Thursday on premier sports which i can kind of understand if true although he sounds disappointed and isn't making the trip

Edited by town4me, 18 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#123 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

like i said theres no haven forum so here i am!! like you never use the haven one for your vile posts?

How could I use the haven one when you just said there want one? Your a bit slow aren't you. I'm guessing your Mam and dad were very close as children.

#124 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Macgraff plays !!!!! Dowes rested , Carter to with a few knocks n niggles . Shacks up to prop. Miller fullback . Makes sense if players are bruised to give them a spell . Still more than a good enough squad and good to see Elliot at fullback in the action ! He'll love that .

Edited by DavidM, 18 May 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#125 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Macgraff plays !!!!! Dowes rested , Carter to with a few knocks n niggles . Shacks up to prop.

i take it miller will be at FB then. anyone know how brett Philips is getting on.

#126 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Mcgraff is playing tomorrow, carter out ill and dowes rested! Miller to full back, why not briscoe like?

#127 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Macgraff plays !!!!! Dowes rested , Carter to with a few knocks n niggles . Shacks up to prop. Miller fullback . Makes sense if players are bruised to give them a spell . Still more than a good enough squad and good to see Elliot at fullback in the action ! He'll love that .

dowes wont be much of a miss, jp to wing with morris in centre. with walne coming in on the bench with mcgraff.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#128 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Mcgraff is playing tomorrow, carter out ill and dowes rested! Miller to full back, why not briscoe like?

hes playing in his testimonial game this weekend

#129 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

It says on the main forum that Thomas Coyle who is on loan at Hunslet won't be playing.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#130 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Dowes doesn't make many errors says Charlo . He's made far to many for a guy of his pedigree in my opinion and hasn't ran in with enough line bending power . To often he tries to be to fancy and play like a halfback . He needs to go back to basics and just run in strongly and secure the ball.

#131 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

only one DR in hawks squad and 5 first choice players left out according to hawks forum. i will believe it when i see it.

#132 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Dowes doesn't make many errors says Charlo . He's made far to many for a guy of his pedigree in my opinion and hasn't ran in with enough line bending power . To often he tries to be to fancy and play like a halfback . He needs to go back to basics and just run in strongly and secure the ball.

he slows down when he runs it in, and totally agree he offloads far too often in stupid situations. if you compare his running in compared to thacks and acton then its like night and day. carter will be a big miss though, his attacking form is top notch at tbe minute

#133 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Brett has had is clean out op and should be back soon

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#134 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yep Carter back fit n fresh after a short breather .No worries having a look at Eliott there in the meantime . You can tell he's bursting to get involved in the action ! Good news on big Brett , top notch player for us .

Edited by DavidM, 18 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#135 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

not on xc weather it aint dont believe in bbc forecasts their generally wrong. :onthequiet:

BTO/choccy its obvious you have an agenda to disrupt this forum and be annoying as much as you can. it won't work and your just making a fool of yourself. however if thats what floats your boat then crack on.

#136 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

The met office provides the bbc forecasts , the leading broadcast meteorology unit in the world ... And short to medium term forecasts in particular .

Edited by DavidM, 18 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#137 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'd trust the BBC weather over any other forecast in the short term. Longer term probably not.
xc weather seems to be based upon another weather website that I used to use a few years ago - I stopped as it was so inaccurate.

BBC weather has now brought the time of the main rain ending by an hour.
Even xc weather (if it is to be believed) has the sum total of 4.5mm of rain between now and 10pm for Workington, not exactly wet is it?

Its stopped raining with me and the midges are out. (Though xc weather says it should be raining till 10pm). Can trust that site as much as you could Haven to pay their bills.

Edited by shaun mc, 18 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#138 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Indeed . Longer term forecasts are hard for every forecaster !! Countryfile go the whole week which is totally pointless , really it's just a percentage chance of being accurate ( about 25 % ) . 24 to 72 hours seems to be the limit for accuracy . In America they put the percentage on the screen , should do that here and people then wouldn't take it as gospel as they often do

#139 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

it dosent matter either way, the pitch was hardly wet last week after a lot of rain. stopping now in workington, and with a good forecast tomorrow theres no chance of the game being off

#140 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Been dry here for 30 mins now

xc weather = deluded