Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Hunslet and predictions

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#161 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

looks like were finally going to see callum at half back with matty starting. connor at centre.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#162 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

i aint bothered or interested who you are.as for the site it was being used only not that much as haven fans stoppped going on just to read tripe by town fans.

**** me I've changed my mind......you have to be Choccy  :(

#163 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yes interesting to see that wonky If thats so .We don't mind them tweaking and trying things in games like this . Down the line you may need different formations and dimensions so common sense to try things and see what gives you most attacking edge and threat . Getting your most threatening players in the key positions , good to see people getting the stage to show what they can do in different positions and then we can judge who's best where and stick with that !!!

Edited by DavidM, 18 May 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#164 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yes interesting to see that wonky If thats so .We don't mind them tweaking and trying things in games like this . Down the line you may need different formations and dimensions so common sense to try things .

lupton on bench, with walne starting 2nd row.

#165 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

looks like were finally going to see callum at half back with matty starting. connor at centre.

i thought callum was getting a rest. i would like to see what Matty and callum can do in the same team though.

#166 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'd still be sticking with Connor there in the league and getting some continuity but here you can't argue with anything they do.

#167 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

I thought we were going to see Miller at the back, Calderwood and Patrick on the wings with Morris and Mossop as the centres. Is Patrick not available or is Morris not playing or on the bench?

#168 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

When Matty and Callum are both on the field together we definitely look a lot sharper and it's something I've wanted for several matches.    We've seen it in short glimpses, such as at the Rec when Callum scored under the posts, so if that is correct I'm looking forward to it.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#169 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Callum and Connor could easy be our halves partnership in the long run , one with a really good running game and one who could develop into a sharp organiser and with a good kicking game , particularly the bomb.

#170 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

From all the suggestions, the team appears to be:
Back - Miller
Wings - Calderwood, Patrick
Centres - Connor, Mossop
Halfbacks - Forber, Phillips
Props - Thackray, Coward
Hooker - Mattinson
Second Row - Walne, Stack
Loose Forward - Olstrum
Subs - Lupton, Shackley, Leuluai, Robinson/Morris

Edited by Supporter, 18 May 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#171 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Shackley is playing prop.

#172 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I thought we were going to see Miller at the back, Calderwood and Patrick on the wings with Morris and Mossop as the centres. Is Patrick not available or is Morris not playing or on the bench?

connor and morris centres with calders and mossop on the wing. i assume jp is working.

#173 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Peter , Macgraff , Thacks / Shacks and big Red more than handy bench strength there . We've a good squad developing .

#174 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

From all the suggestions, the team appears to be:
Back - Miller
Wings - Calderwood, Patrick
Centres - Connor, Mossop
Halfbacks - Forber, Phillips
Props - Thackray, Coward
Hooker - Mattinson
Second Row - Walne, Stack
Loose Forward - Olstrum
Subs - Lupton, Shackley, Leuluai, Robinson/Morris

miller,calders,connor,morris,mossop,phillips,forber,thacks,matty,coward,stack,walne,olstrum. subs luppy,shacks,leuluai and i think cotter

#175 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks Wonky, Lupton is a really strong substitute, allowing various permutations.

#176 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Thanks Wonky, Lupton is a really strong substitute, allowing various permutations.

you would think hell come on at loose with olstrum to hooker to spell matty

#177 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

if hawks are resting 5 and playing 1 DR that squad should be ok but i will believe that when the hawks team is announced

#178 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

i aint bothered or interested who you are.as for the site it was being used only not that much as haven fans stoppped going on just to read tripe by town fans.

Jam boy, the site was not used at all, by anyone, get over it. And as for haven fans reading tripe, they never went on there, no one did,and i know your not bothered who i am etc, just stating the fact that i am not hiding behind a user name, i am also sure you would never have the bottle to say a cheery hello in person................i would know it was you by poo smell............... :P  :P  :P  

#179 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Why we playing Callum is beyond me. The lad has had a sore shoulder and dislocated a finger last week which gave him a swollen hand all week. I can't see the point of aggravating them when a weeks rest would do him good. I know every player plays with injuries and Callum and the coaches must be sure he will be ok, but surely the league is the focus.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#180 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Why we playing Callum is beyond me. The lad has had a sore shoulder and dislocated a finger last week which gave him a swollen hand all week. I can't see the point of aggravating them when a weeks rest would do him good. I know every player plays with injuries and Callum and the coaches must be sure he will be ok, but surely the league is the focus.

callum will have wanted to play and from what ive heard hes been desperate to get a shot in the halves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users