• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/22488221

Glad to see they are reviewing their options which do you prefer? More exciting they are considering bringing promotion back!

UP THE ROVERS!

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Aye it's interesting. I still think they'll retain the status quo tho!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Aye it's interesting. I still think they'll retain the status quo tho!

If they do, Fev will be staying in the championship in my opinion.

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think the clubs will opt for the 2x12 followed by the 8x8 system. A bit complicated but overall gives everybody a chance to advance. Looking at the gates this week we really do need something new. It is alright for Smith the Warrington coach saying leave things alone but the game is going down hill. Promotion and regulation of some sort is vital with a fair distrbution of funds to enable lower clubs to compete in any new situation.   

#5 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/22488221
Glad to see they are reviewing their options which do you prefer? More exciting they are considering bringing promotion back!

Mark Campbell stated at last weeks forum meeting that he preferred option 3
Im Fev and im proud

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have a potential suggestion. I’m going to throw it out there. If you like it, great! If you don’t then just throw it straight back…

What do you reckon?

:)

Posted Image

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

A good suggestion Gav. I would also like to see the season end in a grand finale, like we had in the days of winter rugby. The League winners should be champions and gain promotion, with the play-offs being for a separate premiership type of trophy. The NRC Final should also be played at the end of the season, either the week before, or the week after the Premiership Final. That way the Champions would have even more time to prepare, several weeks before the season ends.

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

We've already had seasons starting in December, ten or fifteen years ago. And rejected it.

Three eights won't work unless the money's seriously rearranged. As it stands, the middle eight division will be made up of four teams on £1.25m, two on £800k and two from our (current) division on a measly £180,000. Only a fool would vote for that.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#9 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

This should be a laugh if nothing else get your questions ready for the joke man himself     http://www.loverugby...r-fans-q-a.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users