Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

six and seven

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

I would like to see Sheridan and Dallimore tried out at 6 + 7 against Gloucester.Our first three league games where musr win , this is a should win game. Roper and if he's fit Crooky could bench.Langley looks a good backup kicker,Dallimore could kick in open play.

#2 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

don't we have to sign Dallimore first
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#3 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

don't we have to sign Dallimore first

Yeh it would help if we were to sign him initially :D

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think he trains tonight? Hopefully we can get him on board as Crooky has broke some ribs. Personally I think our halfbacks need a shake up. Whilst they always give 100% I think we've been Sussed in that department. We look slow & of little threat. Dalli can kick goals also, hopefully if signed putting pressure in the 6 & 7. I am sure Sheridan will get his chance, before Benji Lloyd does.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 Hornets are u ready ready

Hornets are u ready ready
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you think the problems in the team lies with the halfbacks your very mistaken in my opinion. These guys have led our team superbly over the past few years and need some help off a big old headed pack in front of them as they seemed to get bullied against NW. We all know halfbacks play best with good go forward and having watched the games this year we've not had that with constant penalties given away and dropping the ball early in sets. Crooky will be a massive loss to the team with his broken ribs, hope he's not out for too long as last year we lost our way without him like on Sunday, lets hope he's not out for long. Dalli is good, but we already have better I feel

#6 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

after watching the u20,s I definitely would pick Lewis Sheridan before Benji Lloyd , nothing against Lloyd but Lewis is an overall better defender and play maker

#7 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

If you think the problems in the team lies with the halfbacks your very mistaken in my opinion. These guys have led our team superbly over the past few years and need some help off a big old headed pack in front of them as they seemed to get bullied against NW. We all know halfbacks play best with good go forward and having watched the games this year we've not had that with constant penalties given away and dropping the ball early in sets. Crooky will be a massive loss to the team with his broken ribs, hope he's not out for too long as last year we lost our way without him like on Sunday, lets hope he's not out for long. Dalli is good, but we already have better I feel

Good post & I wouldn't disagree with anything. I feel Woz Thompson, Baines & Cookson have been superb this season & a returning Dayne Donohugh should add to that. I'm not having a particular go at our 6 & 7 but to me we have 2 moves. The one that goes right across the line or the one when Wayne hits the line. A good side in Cru Sussed us & Wayne got cleaned out every time. But the flat short pass from Roper to Baines on Sunday showed we can vary it.
I would love a half back who jinks & takes the line on, not to sure if Dallimore is the answer? But a shake up would be interesting.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#8 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Got to agree with what you say Phil. However I would suggest that the coach should be introducing more moves on the training ground. Last year we seemed to have more variety in attack although I admit we looked lost when Ste Roper missed a spell through injury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users