Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Away (again)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Going to the Workingon game this weekend to see the boys in action. 

What's your thoughts on the result?  People say we are a different team when Grimmer is playing at his best.  Do you think he will be the difference this weekend in what I see as a pretty much unchanged team? 

We should be turning the likes of these over shouldn't we?  I wonder if Richard Moore will be available as he hasn't played for Leeds in a while?

#2 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Richard Moore wants to go on loan to another Super League club so can't see him playing for us again to be honest

I hope Grimmer is back but wouldn't risk him if he isn't 100% fit, it's only a cup game after all

#3 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Giving this one a miss - first time this season. Three 400 mile round trips in 29 days is a bit much so I'm opting to go to Whitehaven in the League in a fortnight.

The signing of Coyle makes me wonder if there's an ongoing doubt over Grimmer's (or Helliwell's) fitness so it'll be interesting to see who plays. One interesting aspect is that Coyle could be playing against his brother in the Workington side so that could be a sub-plot worth keeping an eye on.

Have a good day all who are going, give 'em a shout on my behalf and let's hope for a result in our favour this time :)

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

get well wrapped up gaz, its even colder than our ground with a biting wind from siberia and probably driving rain, apart from that a smart little ground.

Posted Image

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

' we should be turning the likes of these over ' ... Righto .

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

"We should be turning the likes of these over shouldn't we?"  

Like you did last time you mean?    You are where you are because of your form not anyone else's.     How pompous does your sentence sound?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

It does sound pompous, but wasn't meant to be disrespectful. I meant Hunslet should be beating any team from 5th place down with the names they have on their team sheet. :tongue:

"We should be turning the likes of these over shouldn't we?"  

Like you did last time you mean?    You are where you are because of your form not anyone else's.     How pompous does your sentence sound?

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

It does sound pompous, but wasn't meant to be disrespectful. I meant Hunslet should be beating any team from 5th place down with the names they have on their team sheet. :tongue:

So you disregard names like Jamie Thackray, Ewan Dowes, Peter Lupton, Mark Calderwood, Jarrad Stack, Karl Olstrum, Graham Mattinson, etc, when making your assessment?    :shout:

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

We think we're capable of beating every team from 6 down with the names on our team sheet . You're not really taking in to contention that other teams may have just as good a set of players , or better ? I'd say we have individuals of great ability and a team with a fantastic ethos , bond and conditioning . Players like Stack and Mattinson would hold their own in any team.

Edited by DavidM, 15 May 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#10 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think we'd turn you over at home, travelling away to Cumbria is a different animal, I think it'll go the same way as last time

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

keith god forbid someone doesnt believe in your sl riddled team.perhaps the guy might have a point as your hardly running away with the league are you? he obviously has confidence in his team as do you in yours.there called opinions. ;)  

If he had said it about Haven now I could have understood what he meant!!!   ;)  ;)

#12 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Its all a bit if banter - but I recon this time it will be a convincing win for Hunslet. Maybe even 30 points  

Still playing way below their potential and I think the missing link is a decent half back - which we may have now on loan.  If we have that then you might be in for a bit of a shock as Hunslet are about to click and it could be this weekend. 

#13 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Its all a bit if banter - but I recon this time it will be a convincing win for Hunslet. Maybe even 30 points

Still playing way below their potential and I think the missing link is a decent half back - which we may have now on loan. If we have that then you might be in for a bit of a shock as Hunslet are about to click and it could be this weekend.

I wish I shared your optimism!

I think it'll be close, 6 points in it either way

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Its all a bit if banter - but I recon this time it will be a convincing win for Hunslet. Maybe even 30 points

Still playing way below their potential and I think the missing link is a decent half back - which we may have now on loan. If we have that then you might be in for a bit of a shock as Hunslet are about to click and it could be this weekend.

so you think youll beat us as equally and as convincingly as widnes did? its a competition neither side are going to win and going out wont do either any harm. we were awful 1st half against you last week and still ran over you in the 2nd when we were far from our best. i love fans who are over confident, it just makes beating you far more sweeter.

Edited by wonky, 16 May 2013 - 11:19 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#15 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

so you think youll beat us as equally as convincingly as widnes did? its a competition neither side are going to win and going out wont do either any harm. we were awful 1st half against you last week and still ran over you in the 2nd when we were far from our best. i love fans who are over confident, it just makes beating you far more sweeter.

Slow day on the revision front?

Attila the

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Slow day on the revision front?

come on now,lets not pretend you know what revision or school is. were you one of your singing army of 300 at derwent park who turned into librarians about 55minutes in?

#17 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

so you think youll beat us as equally and as convincingly as widnes did? its a competition neither side are going to win and going out wont do either any harm. we were awful 1st half against you last week and still ran over you in the 2nd when we were far from our best. i love fans who are over confident, it just makes beating you far more sweeter.

Look - we are almost in a relegation battle.  You have to live in hope :tongue:  ;)  

#18 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

come on now,lets not pretend you know what revision or school is. were you one of your singing army of 300 at derwent park who turned into librarians about 55minutes in?

Were you the 1 re-stringing your banjo at halftime??
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Were you the 1 re-stringing your banjo at halftime??

certainly was, i was re-tuning it to play a song specially for you- things can only get better.

#20 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

certainly was, i was re-tuning it to play a song specially for you- things can only get better.

we never heard you all game so I think you need to try a lot harder
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users