Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Away (again)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

I actually meant Wayne pryce so not sure where worrancy came from. Lol too many beers

#42 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

yes i wish i had knew before sorting coach out

if we cant be arsed taking this game serious then why do we bother going

but shud have known only half coach going 2nd time

Play dual reg, we should be playing our own players, play our own players where not taking the game serious, seems cant win either way.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#43 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Interesting that Workington are resting 3 of their key players and they have a longer recovery period than we do, it tells you where both sides priorities are and so they should be.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#44 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Absolutely.

#45 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

The money you made on the first Worky trip should cover this trip John

#46 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

So Hunslet are saving their best players this weekend and sending up a second string team. Shame is that as I was gonna go but won't bother now.
I thought this could be our only chance of silverware this season but it seems it isn't as important than looking good on Premier Sports on Thursday.

I dont class the lads going up there as second string at all Gaz they are Hunslet Hawks players same as all the rest they where signed up to do a job same as everyone else and they will give there all the same as everyone else who wears the shirt.

chappy

#47 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

towns coach likes to play mind games prior to matches ie team info so wait and see what walks onto the field before believing anything thats typed.

Whoever walks out except one (Magraff Leuleuai) will be a Town player from a more than useful squad of mainly local players, so expect another tough game.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#48 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Whoever walks out except one (Magraff Leuleuai) will be a Town player from a more than useful squad of mainly local players, so expect another tough game.

As opposed to today's shaven 13 which has zero locals in apparently. How embarrassing.

#49 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

I dont class the lads going up there as second string at all Gaz they are Hunslet Hawks players same as all the rest they where signed up to do a job same as everyone else and they will give there all the same as everyone else who wears the shirt.

Yes fair comment. I did mean not first choice, but you are correct. Lets give a good performance today. Whether this game is important or not I would like to get through the next round. The team are gonna click soon and cause some damage in that league. Lets start today.

#50 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

just how many of your players turning out today are workington born and bred then dkw??

leave all this s**t over on your own forums lads its got sweet F A to do with Hunslet v Workington ok

chappy

#51 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well Gazmeister we keep saying the same thing about the town ,we are just waiting for them to click soon,just hope it is today,now if both click it will be a little corker yeah? had a good carc with one of your lads at the last match hope to see him again have a good journey up,

#52 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hunslet team today (I think)
Bush

Chisholm
Clayton
Brickwood
Kain

Grimshaw
Ansell

Lewis
Hood
Haley
Watson
Oakes
March

Subs: Haigh, Yates, Menzies, Mapals

#53 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well after the first ten mins......hunslet are in for a long afternoon if  they dont get the fingers out

#54 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

sorry people but your team looked disinterested today. your number 6 was about the only positive performance for you. if it wasnt for town thinking we had the game won after 20 minutes then it could and should have been 50.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#55 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

sorry people but your team looked disinterested today. your number 6 was about the only positive performance for you. if it wasnt for town thinking we had the game won after 20 minutes then it could and should have been 50.

yeah we were dominant but kept switching off and allowing hunslet back into the game. we should have been out of sight at HT

#56 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Info for huns fans....grimshaw went off unable to put weight on (i think) his right ankle.

#57 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

ive heard grimmer may have fractured his ankle !!

Posted Image

#58 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

ive heard grimmer may have fractured his ankle !!

Gutted Steve what next the lad must be jinxed
chappy

#59 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

is it a broken col ? Have you heard yet ?

Posted Image

#60 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Steve hes on his way home then ill be taking him to Hospital for x-rays he says its swollen like a balloon and no way can he put any downward pressure on it hes on crutches but the Doc says it looked like a fracture to him soon as i find out i will post it mate thanks for the concern.He was playing well according to the worky lads gutted
chappy