RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Away (again)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

were jinxed col, lets hope it isnt a break, i fear the worst if it is.

Posted Image

#62 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

were jinxed col, lets hope it isnt a break, i fear the worst if it is.

its better to be broke than bad ligament damage,
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#63 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Wishing Grimmer a speedy recovery, another blow for the lad and the club!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#64 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Steve hes on his way home then ill be taking him to Hospital for x-rays he says its swollen like a balloon and no way can he put any downward pressure on it hes on crutches but the Doc says it looked like a fracture to him soon as i find out i will post it mate thanks for the concern.He was playing well according to the worky lads gutted

he was your best player by a mile, looked sharp on the ball and was creating openings for you.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Shame for the lad . He did well today , was it Helliwell who played well the other week . Get them 2 together that's a handy pair just looking in from the outside . Sorry if I've got that wrong . All the best for Batley .

#66 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Gutted for your 6, your best player by a distance. Hope it's not as bad as it looks.

#67 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Gutted for your 6, your best player by a distance. Hope it's not as bad as it looks.

I agree and hopefully it isn't as bad as it seems.   I thought the second best for you was the prat in the yellow shirt who kept running on the field!!!   Does the coaching staff not have much confidence in your team when he has to come on with so many messages and coaching in play.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#68 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Best wishes to Danny Grimshaw and I hope the injury isn't a serious one. He had a rotten 2012 and he deserves better luck this season. I was most impressed by his skills today, a very talented standoff. Also impressive was your young prop Andrew Yates, whenever he came on he made a big impact. Good luck against Batley. Looking forward to coming to your ground for the league return.

Edited by Supporter, 19 May 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#69 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Steve hes on his way home then ill be taking him to Hospital for x-rays he says its swollen like a balloon and no way can he put any downward pressure on it hes on crutches but the Doc says it looked like a fracture to him soon as i find out i will post it mate thanks for the concern.He was playing well according to the worky lads gutted

hope it isn't a fracture. the lad had very good game.

#70 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

I agree and hopefully it isn't as bad as it seems.   I thought the second best for you was the prat in the yellow shirt who kept running on the field!!!   Does the coaching staff not have much confidence in your team when he has to come on with so many messages and coaching in play.

He was just Mr Eaton's flunkey, i sat just behind Mr Eaton and he shouted that loud into his radio, whilst looking directly at the yellow shirt i was sure the lads on the field could hear him to, so no need really for Mr Yellow shirt, thought that Mr Eatons performance was worth the admission price alone, now, not knocking the blokes passion but.................... ;) times and places.... ;)

#71 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Typical. Grimmer shows some form then gets injured heres wishing him a speedy recovery

Edited by sgt pepper, 19 May 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#72 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

I bet the trainer in the yellow shirt is still wearing it, it looked that tight god knows how he was gonna get it off! It defo didn't flatter him, tell him black hides any extra heft much better than yellow. You'd think with all that running about he was doing he'd be able to get that fat off his gut easy

#73 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

No break, just severe ligament damage for Grimmer, looks like his season is over  :(

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#74 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

No break, just severe ligament damage for Grimmer, looks like his season is over :(

he'd have been back quicker if it was broke. Bad injury that

#75 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

No break, just severe ligament damage for Grimmer, looks like his season is over :(

he'd have been back quicker if it was broke. Bad injury that

#76 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just hope the lad has a speedy recovery best of luck to him,your best player yesterday lets hope it is not so bad as first thought.

#77 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

terrible news, maybe the medical facilities up at Headingley could be used to get the injury healed asap ?

Posted Image

#78 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

terrible news, maybe the medical facilities up at Headingley could be used to get the injury healed asap ?

nobody wants it more than grimmer himself Steve so lets hope the Rhinos staff can help him
chappy

#79 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Give him my best Col.

#80 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Good grief, not again. If it wasnt for bad luck, Danny wouldnt get any at all !! Get on the mend soon, Grimmer....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users