Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

what typical things do "non fans" say to you

when you say u like rl

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Bloke at work is/was a Scarborough football fan.....so he now has a link to RL via the Fev grandstands.
Anyway, I think his major gripe with RL is blow-out scores.
But as a typical Yorkshireman - a blow-out score to him is 26 - 12!!

He doesn't believe a salary cap can work properly in RL nor is it time to bring in goal line or any other technology in football a la rugby as it will stop the game too much.

Sounds like those stands had some sort of "flatcap" contamination

#142 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Had a good one today:

"Bet you're looking forward to the Lions tour aren't you"

I am looking forward to it.

#143 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Over here in foreign French land I tend to get the "jeu a treize" thing quite a lot, with a dollop of "why don't you watch proper rugby", and a side serving of "its the rugby championship of the Languedoc Rousillon".  The latter of these it is just about impossible to argue against.

I find that my customers, many of whom are retired UK expats, are very open to League, with a goodly proportion of them going to games at the Dragons or their local clubs.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#144 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

These people seem like they were hardly following the game at all.

There's only ever two teams involved at any given point during a game.

two and a half if it's a Salford match!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board