TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

England v New Zealand - The Cricket Thread

Test Match ODI and T20

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

JD's rubbish. How does he get in the team?

Awful batting down the line again from all the usual suspects.

Still, no-one cares. It's all a warm up for the dreadfully important Champions Trophy coming up.

Thank God for test cricket.

#42 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Those red outfits are horrible as well.

Though I can't blame the English for wanting to look Welsh.

:tongue:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#43 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

An excellent day's cricket.  NZ just got better and better in their batting as their confidence grew, I think if this was the old 55 over ODIs then Guptill would have been closer to 250 to 270 the way he was seeing and hitting the ball.  Some of the bowling from England was just woeful, Anderson was the only one who looked genuinely threatening.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#44 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,462 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Those red outfits are horrible as well.

Though I can't blame the English for wanting to look Welsh.
:tongue:

England have worn red before although I wish they'd stick to the decent dark blue.

As you are no doubt aware the team called England does also represent Wales too. Unfortunately for reasons of space only the important countries are listed on the name.

And whatever colour we're in we still can't seem to get the hang of 50 over cricket.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#45 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

As you are no doubt aware the team called England does also represent Wales too. Unfortunately for reasons of space only the important countries are listed on the name.

You're right, Wales and South Africa rarely get a name-check.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#46 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

You're right, Wales and South Africa rarely get a name-check.

It's damn hard to fit this on a scorecard though: "England, Wales, one Scot in a generation and Anyone Else We Can Poach From Other Countries"

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#47 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,462 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

It's damn hard to fit this on a scorecard though: "England, Wales, one Scot in a generation and Anyone Else We Can Poach From Other Countries"

You'll be believing that the All Blacks are basically the Samoan first XV next.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#48 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

England could do worse than bring in Graham Napier in the limited overs game.

That said he has performed well in all forms of the game this season.

7-32 against a thrashed Surrey side in the 40 over discipline tonight at Chelmsford, including four

wickets in as many balls in a maiden over.

Edited by Spicer, 03 June 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#49 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm not sure he could cut it at international level. Does he bring more to the team than Other bits and pieces players Wright, Bopara(okay more of a batsman but still in and around the England set up) or Yardy?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#50 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm not sure he could cut it at international level. Does he bring more to the team than Other bits and pieces players Wright, Bopara(okay more of a batsman but still in and around the England set up) or Yardy?

Id certainly have him in instead of Bopara. As I say this year he has excelled with bat and ball at each discipline.

He is prertty pacey as well and would certainly be a better bet currently than a Dernbach and even batting wise 

currently than Morgan, Needless to say though just talking in terms of the limited over game.

#51 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Id certainly have him in instead of Bopara. As I say this year he has excelled with bat and ball at each discipline.
He is prertty pacey as well and would certainly be a better bet currently than a Dernbach and even batting wise 
currently than Morgan, Needless to say though just talking in terms of the limited over game.

Plus, he's in form. Most of England's current one-day side isn't in form. Given that key players are out of form (most of the batsmen, all the bowlers bar Jimmy and Swann), England could do worse than call on Napier.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#52 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

5 overs gone, England have scored a massive 4 runs so far for the loss of one wicket.  I'm not sure if NZ will be able to keep up with that fantastic run rate.

#53 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

That was a better finish to the England innings. :)

#54 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Incredible hitting by Buttler, especially against the world class Southee at the death. He really rattled the Kiwi bowlers. Magnificent entertainment.

#55 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Incredible hitting by Buttler, especially against the world class Southee at the death. He really rattled the Kiwi bowlers. Magnificent entertainment.

Yes, it was astonishing. It's a pity England dawdled and lost wickets just before the Power Play (usual doziness from Ian Ronald Bell), as otherwise they might have posted 300-plus.

Kiwis 84-2 after nearly 14 overs. Tredwell and Bresnan have pulled the run rate back a bit and - shock horror - Guptill's out!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users