RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Worthington Signs New Contract

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Conway91

Conway91
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Even though the hands off warning was issued earlier this month by Feisal, I know in my mind personally there was still something that didn't make me believe that we would retain each and every player.

I think the news that Greg Worthington has signed a two year contract extension that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2015 season is one of the best we could have asked for. 

Of course we cannot forget Hardman's earlier commitment to the club and the youngster Sam Day.

Hopefully in the near future many more of the player will Pledge their future at Rovers and see our minds at rest.

Don't get me wrong each player contriubutes to the club in their own way..BUT In my opinion Greg renewing his contract with the Rovers was one of or if not THE most crucial signing

Who's contract renewal would you all like to see as the next update to the rovers.net site?

Edited by Conway91, 16 May 2013 - 12:21 PM.

• Maureen T-k likes this
Effort is wasted reminiscing over past disappointments. Move onwards, move upwards.

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

England

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Definitely Antony England
Im Fev and im proud

#4 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

All of them at present

#5 leytherjay

leytherjay
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Class act is Worthington...........wouldnt mind him at Leigh.

NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Greg and his family are a massive credit to our club. His Dad Pete is an absolute star. Check Greg's interview out on the Batley away DVD. He gave his time up to talk to the fans.

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

I know I'll get pelters for this but, even though, he'll probably never play in the super league at his peak, for me, I hope Andy Kain makes it to his benefit year for our club. Andy and I briefly discussed this after the Hunslet game last year. He was really keen to see his career to that stage then, I hope recent changes haven't changed Andy's plans.

Thank you, TAKAS ( The Andy Kain appreciation society)

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

I know I'll get pelters for this but, even though, he'll probably never play in the super league at his peak, for me, I hope Andy Kain makes it to his benefit year for our club. Andy and I briefly discussed this after the Hunslet game last year. He was really keen to see his career to that stage then, I hope recent changes haven't changed Andy's plans.

Thank you, TAKAS ( The Andy Kain appreciation society)

like you Andrew, i'm a big fan of Andys. i'm glad he plays for us and not against us.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 LITTLEAL83

LITTLEAL83
  • Facebook
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

i just hope kain and finn carry on at our great club

IVE HEARD FINN COULD BE GOING TO C@S BUT THIS IS ONLY A RUMOUR AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY LEAD TO

come on BOD carry on with the great job you are doing and above all the volunteers working on our new stands without this northing would be going for fev well done to you all and hold your heads above others you a a massive credit to this great club

i for one i am a very proud supporter of featherstone rovers and my late wife diane will be looking down on you all with pride

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT :):):):)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users