Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

M62 traffic thread

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Think problem was with coach. As I understand it team coach was late arriving at odsal. Team was actually at Salford in time for normal kickoff. Delay was to accommodate supporters coaches.

I don't know who starts these rumours......

The Bradford coach couldn't leave on time, not becasue it "was late" [it was at the ground at 5:15 when I arrived] but because a number of Bradford players, trying to get to Odsal, had been caught up in the chaos both on the M62 and also on the surrounding roads which were taking a battering due to traffic which was, wisely, avoiding the the motorway. The supporters coach actually left at 6:15 ish and arrived at the ground at aprox 7:20, the players coach pulled in at the front of the ground at about the same time as we pulled in behind the north stand so it would seem they set off not much after the supporters did.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#22 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't know who starts these rumours......

The Bradford coach couldn't leave on time, not becasue it "was late" [it was at the ground at 5:15 when I arrived] but because a number of Bradford players, trying to get to Odsal, had been caught up in the chaos both on the M62 and also on the surrounding roads which were taking a battering due to traffic which was, wisely, avoiding the the motorway. The supporters coach actually left at 6:15 ish and arrived at the ground at aprox 7:20, the players coach pulled in at the front of the ground at about the same time as we pulled in behind the north stand so it would seem they set off not much after the supporters did.

Yes the coach was at odsal at 5.15 but it was supposed to be there at 4.30. Didn't cause a problem because, as you say, several of players were late getting to ground so it couldn't have set off any earlier anyway.

#23 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes the coach was at odsal at 5.15 but it was supposed to be there at 4.30. Didn't cause a problem because, as you say, several of players were late getting to ground so it couldn't have set off any earlier anyway.

The traffic around south Bradford was horrendous to be honest.

I knew there were problems, so I left home, in Tyersal, around 4:45 and tried to go to sticker Lane but it was static with big queues trying to get on, so I went back and then through Holme Wood and Bierley then the Euroway and down to Staygate Roundabout, from there the ring road was chokka and just inched up to Odsal. If I'd gone the whole way on the ring road I doubt I'd have made the 6 o'clock departure time [though it turned out to be nearer 6:15] and it's pretty obvious that most of the players wouldn't have had a clue about the 'country' roads.

The coach driver wanted to turn right out of Stadium road to Odsal and down to the M606 but couldn't for standing traffic coming up Cleckheaton Road, funnily enough, after turning left, the coach got to J25 at Chain Bar, the motorway which had caused all the bother, was busy but running steadily and we got to the ground about 7:20, as I said previously about the same time as the players who still hadn't left when we set off.

Friday nights should be illegal for RL.....

Edited by Bulliac, 20 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#24 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Salford Home games against Yorkshire sides I would prefer to be played on a Sunday if only for courtesy . 

Cas -Wakefield - Hull KR - Bradford all play on Sunday at Home which gives good time for supporters to travel , park & find pre-match drinkies.

We should do likewise.

Away games against Leeds are always last minute. not that the Rhino's depend on Salford's ' massive away crowd ' to bump their coffers.

A number of Salford players are Yorkshire based and have been late or in one case missed friday night games due to traffic issues on the 62.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I don't think there are any over night closures planned through the roadworks this weekend.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users