Adrian morley

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

After 40 years the game I loved has gone. It has been ruined by the RFL and the Super Greed clubs

Totally agree with above views. The RFL should be dragged out at dawn and shot, every last one of them. That way at least they would have finally achieved something worthwhile.

Edited by Blue Monkey, 19 May 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#22 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

He did nowt anyway. Our younger props were much better.

Soon be time to hang his boots up. He turned 36 a week or so ago, it's all downhill now.

:onthequiet:  :P  :shout:  :rtfm:

#23 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Totally agree with above views. The RFL should be dragged out at dawn and shot, every last one of them. That way at least they would have finally achieved something.worthwhile.

. I agree! What's happened with Swinton Lions this season has killed my love for the sport.I will still attend one or two games as I've made some good friends following the club over the years,I feel betrayed! And extremely angry with those individuals who I believe to be responsible.

#24 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Who do you reckon is responsible duffymoon my votes in order of blame go to 1, RFL, 2, Murdoch/sky, 3, superleague clubs, 4, swinton lions past owners poor management ie Malcolm white and co, 5, current swinton lions owners, 6, Salford council for the lack of backing to both professional rl teams in the locality. 7, aussie has beens coming over for an easy payday at the expense of young local talent, 8, and last but by no means least the current rules on DR and promotion and relegation from superleague, its killing the game as we know it.

#25 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Mozza was top tackler today according to Mr Stats

#26 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Well I stand corrected riggy

#27 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Who do you reckon is responsible duffymoon my votes in order of blame go to 1, RFL, 2, Murdoch/sky, 3, superleague clubs, 4, swinton lions past owners poor management ie Malcolm white and co, 5, current swinton lions owners, 6, Salford council for the lack of backing to both professional rl teams in the locality. 7, aussie has beens coming over for an easy payday at the expense of young local talent, 8, and last but by no means least the current rules on DR and promotion and relegation from superleague, its killing the game as we know it.

Great posting and forcefully put all down the line, laying out the complete truth as to what has become of our once glorious game.

Anyone who agrees with this train of thought should start subscribing without delay to the Rugby League Journal - that great mouthpiece of the sport as it used to be, i.e. truly grrrrreatttt!. Get in touch with “Uncle Harry” (Harry Edgar - editor) at RLJ HQ in Egremont, near Whitehaven. Read it and feel the breath of fresh air of RL at its very best, not the stench of decay as it is in this day and age.

Egremont?, ring any bells? A certain Lion by the name of Martin Hodgson came from this small Cumbrian town.

:onthequiet:  :girlwerewolf:  :pickeat:  :P

#28 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Adrian Morley is a great player and I've got a lot of respect for him. And he put in some hard work for us today and greatly contributed to our win . And no doubt had we played another 8 or 10 Warrington players we would have won even easier. This is not about individuals. DR is about the integrity of the game. I know why we have linked up with Warrington and I believe we had to. I agree with club policy on this. But it's not really the point. As hard as I try I cannot understand the RFLs policy towards the game outside of SL.

#29 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

The RFL policy to teams outside the superleague is imo, 1, look after superleague teams above any other, 2, make up the rules as you go along to suit superleague teams ie financial irregularities and the like, 3, come up with DR rules that benefit only superleague teams and those in the championships whom cant afford to run their own teams squads, 4, and the main one in my opinion was to suck up to sky/Murdoch and end p and r thus rendering the championships nothing more than a glorified reserve league thus alienating the grass roots supporters.

#30 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Adrian Morley is a great player and I've got a lot of respect for him. And he put in some hard work for us today and greatly contributed to our win . And no doubt had we played another 8 or 10 Warrington players we would have won even easier. This is not about individuals. DR is about the integrity of the game. I know why we have linked up with Warrington and I believe we had to. I agree with club policy on this. But it's not really the point. As hard as I try I cannot understand the RFLs policy towards the game outside of SL.

I think if someone had described DR in this way many months ago so many of the unpleasant exchanges on here could have been avoided.

As for Morley I thought he was average in attack but if hewas top try scorer I cannot question his commitment to our cause.

#31 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

. I don't think anybody has a problem with the link up with Warrington.Its how the club has used it so controversially that has killed my love for the club.

#32 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

. I don't think anybody has a problem with the link up with Warrington.Its how the club has used it so controversially that has killed my love for the club.

Sentiment is a wonderful thing but it comes at too high a price in this instance.
We have to put out the strongest side we can in every game to survive. We cannot afford the luxury of knocking back the option of utilising Warrington players. Quite simply, if we did we would be rock bottom and would never recover from slipping out of this league. We don't get the support now!
None of us enjoy this but at the moment it's the only way to do it. NO home grown talent. NO large fan base. NO money in the bank. NO home of our own.
Do you want this club to die? If you subscribe to the 'I'd sooner it did than this' brigade then leave and do something else on a Sunday and leave the fight to keep the club afloat to those who are prepared to do it! I'd prefer you didn't but we are where we are.

Today, 3 of our best were the 3 new players Gary Chambers has brought in. OUR players. We used 3 d/r from Wire, 1a young halfback who is the type of player everyone agrees should be d/r material, 1 a fringe player who will never be a first team regular and 1who is coming to the end of a great career (the utmost respect to all three). Not exactly Warrington's first team squad!
When the RFL admit this isn't working they'll drop it like a hot potato and think of something else as daft. Meanwhile we will still be alive and kicking.

I've been in worse places in my life believe me. I remember being on the end of a hose when the main stand was burning down thinking my Lion's days were over and done there. We came back!

You talk of history and past honour. Remember them now and do not turn your back on it in our fight to survive. Don't take on the sad cretins who come on here talking of 'integrity' and feeding you snippets of news. They are just here to wind you up for their entertainment. If they were in our shoes they would do exactly the same. Hunslet are and they do!

Tired of keeping on about this but I will as long as the Lion is still breathing!

LOYALION!!!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#33 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Pretty well said loyal lion

I must admit that at this point into the season I can reflect on the effect of DR having given it time and a chance and I have to say the way it has affected the team is not a good one. We arrived slightly late today and my dad spent the whole game struggling to work out who was who and who was playing where
The constant changes and us of old stagers like Morley is not for me
But as you say this is where we are. It is necessary. It is I believe what the club has to do.

We like it and lump it for me.
I fail to see the life changing catastrophe predicted or proposed by opponents of what we are doing. I fail to see us gaining any advantage. For that reason I fail to see why opposing fans are that bothered.

To me the argument has run its course
DR must change next year. We will still be here. Moaning and groaning. But getting on with it

#34 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

DR has to change next year and will be used as a pathway for young fringe players , and after the way that Swinetown have blatantly abused the system this year at the expense of others is nothing short of scandalous :sclerosis:

So when your bubble  bursts next year and you crash and burn to extinction I can't imagine many shedding a tear .

RIP Swinetown Wolves

#35 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Not letting us into which hospital you've escaped from then Eric?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#36 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

DR has to change next year and will be used as a pathway for young fringe players , and after the way that Swinetown have blatantly abused the system this year at the expense of others is nothing short of scandalous :sclerosis:

So when your bubble bursts next year and you crash and burn to extinction I can't imagine many shedding a tear .

RIP Swinetown Wolves

Why in the spirit if rugby league do you find it necessary to condemn on a FANS FORUM the workings of the rugby league
We don't have anything to do with this
You sad deluded individual

Edited by mark richardson, 20 May 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#37 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Oh and how are you privy to next seasons plans?
The RFL dont know what they're doing today let alone next season

#38 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

When the seagulls follow the trawler...

#39 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I predict Cantona is Michigan Red off Salford rl fans forum. His post here has remarkable similarities to some tripe hes put on their beggars blog

#40 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Speaking of scandalous how much money have your pathetic club and that stinking ###### of a stadium rinsed out of the local council and populus you cretinous pile of sputum.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users