Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Adrian morley

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Not so quick to pay it back now you have the cash are you. Typical of your lot take with one hand and take some more with the other. P.S You still owe us our share of the gate receipts from the friendly, give it to us when your giro clears ta.

Edited by TIM THE LION, 20 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#42 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

This is another chapter in the circus we call Swinton Lions, this for me is the final nail in coffin I am finished with this club, 25 years I have been watching this great club, I aint parting with any of my hard earn cash to John Kidd.  I am that ###### of with the club I have paid for my season ticket and still wont be attending.

John Kidd if your reading this, your joke and should be ashamed of where you have took this club.

#43 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

So he doesnt even have the face to post under his own nom deplume! Hardly surprising given his standard of English, if indeed that's what it was!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#44 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Pretty well said loyal lion
I must admit that at this point into the season I can reflect on the effect of DR having given it time and a chance and I have to say the way it has affected the team is not a good one. We arrived slightly late today and my dad spent the whole game struggling to work out who was who and who was playing where
The constant changes and us of old stagers like Morley is not for me
But as you say this is where we are. It is necessary. It is I believe what the club has to do.
We like it and lump it for me.
I fail to see the life changing catastrophe predicted or proposed by opponents of what we are doing. I fail to see us gaining any advantage. For that reason I fail to see why opposing fans are that bothered.
To me the argument has run its course
DR must change next year. We will still be here. Moaning and groaning. But getting on with it

. what I cannot understand is how any coach would accept this arrangement.As I understand it we had to wait for Tony Smith to decide whether Morley was made available and he Didnt have a single session with us.How can it be good for team morale?

#45 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Also interesting to see Morley again referring to us as Warringtons "feeder club" in League Express.

#46 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

. what I cannot understand is how any coach would accept this arrangement.As I understand it we had to wait for Tony Smith to decide whether Morley was made available and he Didnt have a single session with us.How can it be good for team morale?

In Gary Chambers case I guess its;
1, The arrangement, in what ever form, was agreed before he became coach.
2, How do you know he has to wait? He might want to wait.
3, Its difficult to select an unfit Morrison over a player like Morley when you have an obligation to put out the best team you can.

Do you know exactly who was and who wasnt fit to play? Did you know who was made available and who wasnt? Unless you have the mythical hot line to Tony Smith that many on here clearly have?

I thought not!

#47 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think ultimately gary chambers will end up back at his "parent club" warrington wolves, he might as well have been called warrington wolves reserve team coach the way things have gone.

#48 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Who do you reckon is responsible duffymoon my votes in order of blame go to 1, RFL, 2, Murdoch/sky, 3, superleague clubs, 4, swinton lions past owners poor management ie Malcolm white and co, 5, current swinton lions owners, 6, Salford council for the lack of backing to both professional rl teams in the locality. 7, aussie has beens coming over for an easy payday at the expense of young local talent, 8, and last but by no means least the current rules on DR and promotion and relegation from superleague, its killing the game as we know it.

How can the current owners possibly not be number 1?!!?!?!?!?!

Who is forcing you to play all these Warrington players? 

It's not easy, everyone can see it's not easy. But TBH when we played you last week the Warrington lads you had playing, looked like they couldn't care less. Cooper might as well of paid to come in. If that showing is a fair representation of the enthusiasm they can muster, you'd be better off trying to sign young local amateur lads. At least if they are beaten they will probably give a monkey's and have some pride in the shirt.

#49 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ha, cooper was signed from a team in Australia, not Wire. And he cared on Sunday.

#50 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

So many people think penny is still a wire player
The ignorance is hilarious

Was Anthony mullally playing for Batley? Oh hang on its all ok if its another team using other teams players

#51 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

posted in error

Edited by greengrass, 20 May 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#52 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

And I wonder if Featherstone will get dragged into the great Warrington debate now that their heir apparent is from Wire....you know his "parent club" I'd just love to see some of those who comment on here say these things to his face, but then when they had the chance the didn't turn up.

Edited by marshy1, 20 May 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#53 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

I think ultimately gary chambers will end up back at his "parent club" warrington wolves, he might as well have been called warrington wolves reserve team coach the way things have gone.

I thought you didnt care anymore? You are becoming just the same as the Trolls from other clubs. At least Phillh has stopped posting tripe now he's found a new club to go to. Cant you do the same?

#54 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Well, well well ,mouth almighty greengrass is bursting his blood vessels again.On my last count i think his season ticket as been returned four times ,it must be on a long piece of elastic. You go on about watching the lions for 25 years, i have been watching them for 65 years and if i had another 65 years i wwould still go on watching them because they are MY TEAM. Ifthis means warts and all then so be it.When i look at a situation i don't just scratch the surface i delve deeper before shouting my mouth off. e.g agecroft. The man who you are slagging off is the only one trying to bring it about,wheres the help from Salford council.thats going to Salford reds.Another £600.000 last week 0n top of the millions alreadygiven them. Mr Kidd must be tearing his hair out.On d/r i'm not a lover of it but where would we be at the moment without it.We have injured Hulme, Burke, Watson, Hawkyard ,Bridge laithwaite,and now possibly Ritchie Hawkyard with the size of the squad we have D/R is a god send Yes we need a bigger squad consisting of championship quality but they don't grow on trees and on average crowds of 400-450 there is no way we can afford them without someone dipping into his pocket. I wonder who that someone is Greengrass? Instead of you spitting your dummy out you should be supporting your team,that is if you are a true fan of the lions, firstly by attending matches secondly by spreading by word of mouth that Swinton are still here and intend to stay alive to bring rugby tothe people of Swinton and Pendlebury into the future. Stopping watching the lions can only bring about the demise of our great club is this whet you really want?. it may not be to our liking whats going on but we are still here to see things change and fight another day stop going and it will be another nail in the coffin of a club with a great tradition, so whats it going to be help the lions to survive or watch them disappear into the past, i kn ow where my allegence will be.LONG LIVE THE LIONS

#55 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

I thought you didnt care anymore? You are becoming just the same as the Trolls from other clubs. At least Phillh has stopped posting tripe now he's found a new club to go to. Cant you do the same?

Thanks for the glowing endorsement.  A nice demonstration too of the attitude towards its potential customers adopted by successive management regimes at Swinton Lions, the success of which is reflected in the support base reaching its current all-time-low numbers.

There is only one way for Swinton Lions firstly to survive and secondly to grow in the medium to longer term; a fit-for-purpose new ground within the locality backed with a lot of hard work off-the-pitch.

Partnering with Warrington is not the answer.  It addresses none of the factors you stated are holding the club back (unless that is, you believe the future ought to be focussed on attracting Warrington supporters to take on watching the Lions as a second string).  I'm far from convinced it has even helped to inprove on-the-field performance, either - your assertions on that cannot be proven either way.  At best Partnering with Warrington has been done in such a manner that its allowed John Kidd to save a few quid and Paul to live his dream of rubbing shoulders with the Super League "elite".  It has not taken Swinton Lions forwards any.  Whatsmore, if it continues in this vein there will be no basis for Swinton Lions to ever get any better on the playing side, if the primary function is for Swinton Lions to be used as a player development tool for Warrington.  Lucky Warrington!  400 people watching their reserves who are being given opportunity to play at Championship level - and its clear they can dictate who plays and when - from their point of view its a fantastic arrangement.

Hunslet have not done the same thing as Swinton Lions! Only one championship club has gone so far as handing out 6 sham year-long contracts to players from their partner club as a cynical means of subverting the limit of 5 Dual Registered and Loaned players, then merrily danced to the tune of these players actually still belonging to someone else!  Only one championship club has allowed the coach and players from their partner club to refer to it in terms of being an "A" team, or a "feeder club" and given not a single word in defence!

Is there really much point in the club continuing, if the goal is to be a feeder club or A team to Warrington?  If that's not the case, where's the rebukes from Swinton Lions club management to the recent widely publicised quotes from Adrian Morley and Tony Smith?

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#56 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Phil you obviously still don't get it!!!!
None of us are over the moon with the set up. None of us believe its the long term future for us.
We all want a new ground etc etc....

You are not unique. Neither is your oft repeated insight into our club

Unfortunately unlike you we cant dual reg ourselves aa fans with Leigh. We are Swinton fans or nowt.

#57 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Alright I'm sorry.
I apologise profusely to everyone for waking the Krakken. I thought he'd gone!

I'm also sorry to you Phillh as you were probably enjoying your week and you had put the memory of deserting your club behind you and concentrated on your recollections of Miss Barton!

Unfortunately during this time you have not thought of anything new to say. It's all the same. We need a new ground. WE KNOW. Not gonna get one if we don't have a club though are we. D/R isn't the best option for clubs. WE KNOW. One the gate money we were getting BEFORE we entered into partnership with Warrington we were never going to afford a fantastic squad. That's why players left for more money. Hunts let fans have stated publicly that they would accept ANY help from Leeds to survive. They use what they need. Do you know what players Leeds offer. NO! The club have not spoken out over these issues. WOAH! I AGREE. But then again, I haven't bought a programme for years. Have you even read one recently to find out?

I actually agree with some of the things you say Phillh, Im sure some other do too, but I don't agree with the fact that you profess to KNOW everything rather than the fact you are surmising, guessing or opinionating like most everyone else on here. You seem to just have the same issues time and again. As I've said before, you talk like a true politician, never answering a direct question but rather pose a different question to deflect the fact you neither know the answer or be caught up and express an opinion which can be referred to later.

The difference between you and most of the other people on here is that you are not a fighter mate. Yes you've stuck around for a number of years, like the rest of us, but you haven't got the stomach to stay in the fight till the bitter end if it comes to it if it isn't going your way.

I will watch the last Swinton match my friend, be it the clubs or mine. I won't turn turtle. Never!

#58 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Oh, and as for asking Adrian Morley about his comments, if you had been there on Sunday you could have asked him. After acknowledging the support he received from the fans he immediately came over to them to sign autographs for the kids and have an, all be it brief, chat with the crowd, such as it was!

You see it's all about one persons perceptions on a situation. He has his, you have yours, but neither my actually be correct!

#59 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

There is only one way for Swinton Lions firstly to survive and secondly to grow in the medium to longer term; a fit-for-purpose new ground within the locality backed with a lot of hard work off-the-pitch.

Utterly and totally agree on this critical point. Roll on the return home, it can't come soon enough

:onthequiet:

#60 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

We all agree on that!