Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

DR (again)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Do you remember all the ###### we got when Widnes announced that they were dual registering all their first team squad to Workington Town and how other clubs fans were saying that they only registered 2, 3 4 or 5 players, etc, etc,?

Doesn't that seem to have altered nowadays even though we were saying at the time that it was no different to what they would be doing?    If some fans are to be believed then there must be DR registrations being submitted every week.  It surely makes sense that Widnes did it all at one go.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

To be fair Keith, town and haven have used it correctly to cover injuries. Hunslet, Swindon and keithley abuse it every week

#3 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

another little dig at haven there keith, nice to see some things never change.DR this season is a joke however and which ever club uses it and have said it all along.Some clubs including mine have played closer to the rules than others but all clubs have intended to use it to suit their own situation.The sooner it is chaged the better

Edited by haven4ever, 18 May 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

another little dig at haven there keith, nice to see some things never change.DR this season is a joke however and which ever club uses it and have said it all along.Some clubs including mine have played closer to the rules than others but all clubs have intended to use it to suit their own situation.The sooner it is chaged the better

yeah and you never have digs at town do you BKM lol.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

No dig at Haven at all H4e but I must admit that you were on here regularly saying that it was wrong for a full squad to be dual registered and when we kept saying to you that it was just the same for Haven as they would get the pick of Saints first team players that were available you responded by saying that every new player would be registered in that particular week.   The difference as we tried to tell you was that Widnes announced it differently but it was the same in practice.   

I agree it needs changed soonest but it won't be until next season and I hope that it only allows players with less than 20 or 25 SL appearances to take part and not necessarily limited by age.

Oh, and I have never resorted to calling Haven, Saints 3rd XV11, like you call Town, Widnes Reserves.

Edited by Keith T, 18 May 2013 - 06:41 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 Townster

Townster
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Keith and all you other Town posters can you please turn off your T W A T attracters before posting, it might save this sensitive soul getting all flustered....bless

#7 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Keith and all you other Town posters can you please turn off your T W A T attracters before posting, it might save this sensitive soul getting all flustered....bless

+1 mate......+1 (sorry, I'd post a smiley but they are greyed out at the moment!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users