RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

hunslet reaction

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

strange game that. we seemed dominant but we switched off in patches and kept allowing them back into the game. we should have been out of sight at HT

Edited by town4me, 19 May 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#2 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

What was the att

#3 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hi Guys can anybody tell me if our lad the No6 went off injured and what sort it was please thanks
chappy

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hi Guys can anybody tell me if our lad the No6 went off injured and what sort it was please thanks

yeah it looked like a bad knee injury
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

yeah it looked like a bad knee injury
[/quote
oh dear only came back from injury this week gutted for the lad one thing after another thank so much for that Wonky and good luck next round hope you get a home draw cheers

chappy

#6 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Looked like his knee he was playing really well was Hunslets main threat once he went off they ran out of ideas
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#7 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Looked like his knee he was playing really well was Hunslets main threat once he went off they ran out of ideas

Thanks guys just seen on our forum his sponsor says he may have a fractured ankle but wont know for deffo till hes phoned us but thanks again
chappy

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

when we played we looked a league above hunslet today, when we switched off we were pretty poor. thacks, coward, leuluai and walne were all great today. callum and forber were by quite some distance the best half back partnership this season and have to be given a go next week as well. i thought forbers kicking was on point and showed a good turn of pace for his try. millers try showed what weve been missing by not getting him the ball enough. one big negative over this season to me is the fact we sometimes choose to run instead of kick for touch on penalties. we make ten meters tops but these are easily achieved by a kick for touch and not using a tackle.

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

The attendance was 569.    It was a game that we made hard work of to be truthful.    We went 12 points up and then eased off and again when we got to 24 I think some of our lads thought that the game was won.     The second half was just one error after another and giving daft penalties away.    Miller's 90 metre try chased all the way by Jamel Chisholm was our get out jail card and a word about Carl Forber who never missed a kick at goal all day.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

when we played we looked a league above hunslet today, when we switched off we were pretty poor. thacks, coward, leuluai and walne were all great today. callum and forber were by quite some distance the best half back partnership this season and have to be given a go next week as well. i thought forbers kicking was on point and showed a good turn of pace for his try. millers try showed what weve been missing by not getting him the ball enough. one big negative over this season to me is the fact we sometimes choose to run instead of kick for touch on penalties. we make ten meters tops but these are easily achieved by a kick for touch and not using a tackle.

i agree on the kicking for touch thing wonky. also when we do kick on a free kick it seems little lethargic and we don't seem to go for distance for better field position.

Edited by town4me, 19 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

They tried very hard , credit to them . Another patchy display from us. Still need to work on our attack , bit slow and predictable at times and more than anything we need to sharpen our passing up . Good start this week but then a bit of a slumber . Still looking to up the good bits to 60 or 70 mins. I still don't know why we play Mossop on the wing , he isn't a winger and doesn't offer us enough there . To me JP should be first reserve wing . Thacks n Matty shine today - Matty was holding his arm hope he's ok . And 39 mins on Red cramp watch !
The kids coming on well though , good on him . And why not kick for goal at 12-0 from right infront !!!

Edited by DavidM, 19 May 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#12 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Forber has always had pace but we've not seen a lot him making breaks. Fighting for his place looks like bringing the best out of him

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Did you hear Coxy n his mate before our game in London . How is this super haven team not running away with this league ??? They're all unstoppable , Rodney is amazing , Cullnean should be in SL , Jessie is never tackled , Crellin is a great centre , the bench is brilliant , they're all strong n fast and can't be held ... Blah blah . Honestly how have they ever lost ??? Where's this team when we play them

Edited by DavidM, 19 May 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#14 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Did you hear Coxy n his mate before our game in London . How is this super haven team not running away with this league ??? They're all unstoppable , Rodney is amazing , Cullnean should be in SL , Jessie is never tackled , Crellin is a great centre , the bench is brilliant , they're all strong n fast and can't be held ... Blah blah . Honestly how have they ever lost ??? Where's this team when we play them

You can't take it away from cox he's enthusiastic about his team. I'm not a fan of cox but better him than the guy who did town games before washy, he was on today talking about Cumbria ru, he is so boring to listen to.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Enthusiastics one word for it . Can think of a few others ! I just find it hard to equate what he's describing with what I see and their results , but there you go , that's for other people to decide on. Back on topic , Walne is gonna be a good acquisition and great to see Miller expressing himself . And we can knock Hewer but he saved our bacon when he pulled back a try for a previous offside !!!! Phew out of jail big time there . They tired late with all those injured bodies . Hope they're all ok , tried hard.

Edited by DavidM, 19 May 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Enthusiastics one word for it . Can think of a few others ! I just find it hard to equate what he's describing with what I see and their results , but there you go , that's for other people to decide on. Back on topic , Walne is gonna be a good acquisition and great to see Miller expressing himself . And we can knock Hewer but he saved our bacon when he pulled back a try for a previous offside !!!! Phew out of jail big time there . They tired late with all those injured bodies . Hope they're all ok , tried hard.

i thought gareth had a very good game, there were 2 very bad decisions given against town for knock ons when it was clear that it was the other way but both were given by touch judges.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

That's right . And twice their big number 8 was trying to offload and the ball got caught up with the tackler and came out and he gave pens , but overall yep no worries . And he and the touchie got lots of help from March !

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

When he pulled them back for a previous offside David, he was just doing his job as March and another player were a mile offside in the previous play.  I think Hewer could have done something about the Hunslet assistant coach being on the field so much.   It seemed that every time they got possession he ran on the field and was coaching them from behind.    Twice he ran across Forber's vision when he was lining up a conversion and on another time he was having a huddle behind the sticks when everyone else was lined up for a centre spot kick-off.    The same bloke did it all the previous game against the Hawks.   Their coaching staff can't have much confidence in their squad if they need him running on so much.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

The huddle was bizarre when everyone else was ready to go !! Time outs have come to rugby league !!

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

The huddle was bizarre when everyone else was ready to go !! Time outs have come to rugby league !!

why did hewer stop the clock though. town were leading 12-0 so why give them time when we were leading and it was them time wasting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users