Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whens the draw and who do we want in nrc

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Who do we want haven would be nice at home again I like watchen haven fans walken out wid 15 mins ov the game left and to make it 8 in a row will be nice

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

hopefully donny or swinton at home would be the easier games on paper
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Not haven again . And a home draw

Edited by DavidM, 19 May 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#4 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just want Sheffield to get leigh - then its hey lads hey in this cup. Would fancy you against any of the others , any home tie would be good

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Yeh it's busted right open this comp hasn't it .

#6 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

couple of good home draws and we could be playing each other in the semis now that would be a classic ......and perfect game to start beating you again lol

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

couple of good home draws and we could be playing each other in the semis now that would be a classic ......and perfect game to start beating you again lol

nah don't want you lot Donald its getting a bit boring beating haven.

#8 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Would be a good way to keep Cumbrian rugby profile on the up.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

No fax or Fev . Could we get on the telly next round !!

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Good win for Donny today . Reminder for us to be on our mettle next week . Another big game to look forward to in this tense league period !

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

The draw is believed to be at half-time on this Thursday's match between Hunslet v Batley.

We will be at home to Leigh!!     We had Hunslet in the league then Hunslet in the cup next.    We play Leigh at home in the league and the next game is the cup so we'll get Leigh.    Mind you if it keeps going like that we will be away to haven in the semi-final.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Did I read that ' you never know Stack is on the pitch and is nowhere near SL standard ' somewhere or was I dreaming ? Are Widnes are SL club , they knew Stacky was on the pitch I'll tell you that .

#13 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Did I read that ' you never know Stack is on the pitch and is nowhere near SL standard ' somewhere or was I dreaming ? Are Widnes are SL club , they knew Stacky was on the pitch I'll tell you that .

I thought Stack played well and stood out for me against Widnes.

#14 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Is there any chance hulme or briscoe will see any super league game time this season?

#15 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

Is there any chance hulme or briscoe will see any super league game time this season?

I can not see it mate.

#16 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Shame really for those guys who would set our league apart, hulme in the opener at Swinton was outstanding too but I understand charlo n oggys theory it has made carter,miller, calders and a few others raise there game! But I do hope to see briscoe in a town shirt one day just to say I've seen the guy in person! True great once along with thacks, Lupton n dowes representing there country in the professional game!! Not forgetting all the lads who have played for barla in our ranks tho

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

It would be good to see Briscoe once in a town shirt I agree as an icing on the cake of this link up , and it would be good to see Hulme get some game time in the centres to measure fully what he can do and what extra dimension he can give us , especially with the kid being in the cold down there . If you don't try you'll never know , could give some more attack threat . Be good to find out . As we said , these things keep everyone here on their toes and they know which level to maintain and how hard to work . That's one plus of DR . Competition is good , and we're getting that around our squad .

Edited by DavidM, 21 May 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#18 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

The Draw is Thursday night on Premier Sports between 1900-1930

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

The Draw is Thursday night on Premier Sports between 1900-1930

Thanks for that Ian

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Interesting game , and interesting to see Hunslets team after the casualties they took. With all those Leeds players back in , and guys like Helliwell and Grimshaw and those big forwards , fully healthy they'd be a handy side in that lower tier of 9 no doubt . Injuries equal rugby league though unfortunately .

Edited by DavidM, 21 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users