TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Todays game.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Very entertaining game today had everything,tries,fighting,bloody annoying drums.Thought we scored some good tries,Harvey was class for his try.Love the blockbuster of a tackle Cooper put on their guy he didn't like it much did he.:-P

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ha ha. That was funny. Was it dave mcconell? He showed his bum walking off

Penny was brilliant. The try from harveys kick was sublime. Pure class

Harvey is looking like the player we remember.

They're pretty good. Great following. Wish we took that many away still

#3 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Good game today,

How does the next round play out now, with 7 teams going thru?

Wayne

#4 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Dewsbury won on Thursday Wayne.

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

They would compete well in this league. Just wish we could look a little more like we were gelling together. Cooper's hit was what I've been waiting for after seeing his you tube vid. Well done Richie for playing on one leg for 60 mins. Not sure about Geno in the pack.
What I do know is that I'm not keen on Josh Barlow at all. Never tackles below the armpit and misses far too many to add to his penalty count!

Some topsy turvy results today mean a good run could put us into a final!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Said exactly the same about Barlow. Low quality.

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

From reading the various forums it seems not all teams are taking the competition seriously.As I Didnt attend today I have no idea of the strength of the Crusaders line up but I did read that Clive Griffiths intended to rest one or two.

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

They took it seriously!

#9 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

A win is a win. Goal diff doesn't matter when it's the cup, as long as you're on the winning side. Penalties are killing us, sort that out and we'll be ok!

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

With Featherstone and Halifax already eliminated there is the incentive for a good run in this competition.It would be our luck to get to the final now it's held in Halifax instead of Blackpool.Just as we missed out on a trip to France when Toulouse returned to their own competition.

Edited by duffymoon, 19 May 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#11 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Cant we have a pre season friendly against Toulouse, I would deffo be up for a few glasses or two of French plonk in Toulouse , it would make a cracking mini break.

#12 arniebrw

arniebrw
  • Facebook
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Thank u very much to Swinton supporters,staff,directors and especially the good humoured stewards, for a great welcome and a great day out (even though we lost). Hope we can return the Welcome to u next year

#13 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the player who gave us the most problems Step forward Dan Birkett.A hattrick of tries and could have had more. To think he was let go before he had had chance to settle in, stupid is the only word i can come up with. We had Rhys Williams at centre who just seemed to saunter through the game. Iam now beginning to worry we are on our way to championship one on todays performance. We have no cohesion between the players and don't seem to be able to run onto the ball and off load like other clubs do .Every time Crusaders had the ball they looked dangerous. They threw the ball about and always had players backing up. We only seem to be able to do this in fits and starts, its not good enough. If we play like that next week Dewsbury will hammer us. On todays game i can see us going down and crusaders replacing us in the championship

#14 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

I felt we were in control at half time but once they injected more pace and direct running in the second half we seemed to be too often on the back foot and looked a bit shambolic at times (as against Hunslet) and the discipline was awful again.  Yes we were always likely to pull something out to keep in front but it was too close for comfort really.  We scored some very good tries and Harvey looks like he is getting back up to speed but what's happened to Chas I'Anson? Unfortunately, he seems a shadow of his former self this season.

#15 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Birkett only scored two but played very well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users