Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Vs Batley - Premier Sports Special

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thought I may as well start this one off.

Looking forward to this game already - Sad news on Grimmer, people are saying he was stand out on Sunday.

I expect Coyle will play in this one and I wonder if Helliwell is fit?  I really hope so.

I think Watson and Hayley will be back in and I hope Wellam is fit - not sure what happened to Keinhorst, was he rested or did Leeds just not make him available in case they needed him?

Singletons availability will depend on whether he gets game time tonight I guess.

I really hope we have a strong team out on Thursday and show the sporting world (with subscriptions) what we can do.  We can turn these over if we play together and use a kicking game.

I read comments on here that Hunslet didnt look interested on Sunday - hope that wasnt the case?

Come on!!!!!!

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Half decent crowd, a packed Phoenix and a bonus point would do me!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

If Ben Black plays we lose, if Ben Black dosent play we win, that about sums it up.
Posted Image

#4 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Well it looks like our old pal George Flanagan will be out suspended, along with Ashley Lindsay, so that's two less to worry about.

Whatever side they do put out though, it'll be far from easy. They rarely lose to teams that aren't around the top end of the league and seem to have a remarkable knack of putting points on the board late in the game.

We really need three points to make up some of for those we have blown but I'm not confident. Hope I'm wrong and I hope it's as good as the last two Thursday night TV games have been ...

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Dont worry mate, hes due a big game cue m.o.m. this thurs
Posted Image

#6 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

think Batley have major selection problems, 2 out through suspension, plus a host of injuries......think Batley might be happy with a bonus !!! (which I cant believe Im saying )

mennell and rowe and davies are back nothing wrong with anyone else just ash n george i'll say by 16

#7 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Well it looks like our old pal George Flanagan will be out suspended, along with Ashley Lindsay, so that's two less to worry about.

Whatever side they do put out though, it'll be far from easy. They rarely lose to teams that aren't around the top end of the league and seem to have a remarkable knack of putting points on the board late in the game.

We really need three points to make up some of for those we have blown but I'm not confident. Hope I'm wrong and I hope it's as good as the last two Thursday night TV games have been ...

Our season summed up in one sentence.  We have been winning games owing to our defence and fitness more often than not and I think thats why we come unstuck against the top teams as we need a bit of craft to open teams up.

We will miss George there is no doubt about it.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#8 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

So no parking at SLS on Thursday?

#9 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

We have agreed with Middleton Equestrian Centre that we can use their facilities to park on a first come first serve basis, the equestrian centre is 200 yards to the right passed the stadium.

Stewards will direct spectators to the equestrian centre, once this facility is full, spectators will then be directed down Middleton Grove to the industrial park into Lockwood Way.

We hope to use the mini bus to take supporters from the industrial park to the stadium.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#10 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Why is there no parking? This fixture has been in place for a few months now.
Is the same conditions apply to those who turn for 5 a side, go for a swim or go the gym will park down in the industrial estate?

#11 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Whats the event that is happening that will fill up the car parks ? Not happy about this , might be worth giving this match a miss.

#12 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

It's nothing to do with the club! We need as many as possible at the game, don't punish the club over something out of our control!

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

The Council said that all parking spaces at the stadium will go to general public using swimming pool, gym, 5 a side, tennis courts etc, this has been taken out of our hands if we didn't agree to this LCC would have not let us play the game at the stadium, it's a bad situation but one we can't do anything about, we've done our best to try and find alternative parking, it's not the club that's caused this, so don't punish the club by not turning up, we need all the support we can get!

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Surely this is discrimanating again people using the facilaties!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#15 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

how do they know if we are there for the match or we are the general public  ? clubs gone out of their way to attract new supporters tomorrow,not gonna be very impressed if they cant park & will probably be put off for good.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

I agree and may persuede our away support to watch it at the pub

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#17 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Go tonight, park as normal, if anyone asks you're there for the 5 a-side, gym, swimming, tennis, bowls etc etc, what are they going to do?
Attila the

#18 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

Any of us going to the game are members of the general public and are entitled to use the car parking facilities thats why I pay my Council Tax.-- if anybody asks you why you are there you could always tell them you are going to the gym to do 50 press ups

There are plenty of additional parking spaces at the Indoor Centre side of the ground, and why don't the club ask the Council to open the school parking area and play ground..One of the large gates at that side could be opened and a steward direct spectators to the turnstiles.--- having had crowds of 2500 in the past I can't see what the problem is.--- HIST should ask themselves why they are issuing "scare" postings.

I also note that the world record of wearing paper crowns is 977- to beat this we need a attendance of 978 with everyone wearing a crown-- I don't mind wearing 2 if it will help.--- I don't want to see the club claiming the world record and then announcing a attendance of less than 978.

#19 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

So the Council strike again. Blackpool's right, staying away due to something beyond the club's control is not the answer; I would suggest not not wearing your shirts/scarves whilst you're driving up to the stadium (hide them in the boot!) and see if you have any luck. And I'm sure those walking up Middleton Grove will all have a quick glance into the main car park to see how full it REALLY is.

I guess it'll be the same for the match against Sheffield next Wednesday ?? Might be too late for tomorrow but have we looked at talking to the school over the other side of the Middleton Railway to see if we could use the parking there ??

Anyway, I'm coming on horseback now - wearing my paper hat of course ... guarantee my spot in the equestrian centre ... :victory:

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

So the Council strike again. Blackpool's right, staying away due to something beyond the club's control is not the answer; I would suggest not not wearing your shirts/scarves whilst you're driving up to the stadium (hide them in the boot!) and see if you have any luck. And I'm sure those walking up Middleton Grove will all have a quick glance into the main car park to see how full it REALLY is.

I guess it'll be the same for the match against Sheffield next Wednesday ?? Might be too late for tomorrow but have we looked at talking to the school over the other side of the Middleton Railway to see if we could use the parking there ??

Anyway, I'm coming on horseback now - wearing my paper hat of course ... guarantee my spot in the equestrian centre ... :victory:

The school is not an option tomorrow unfortunately as the majority of the pupils and teachers will be attending our game for the world record attempt, so they will be using their car park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users