12:00 Catalan Dragons v London Broncos

14:15 Castleford tigers v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

16:30 Hull FC v Hull KR

18:45 St. Helens v Warrington Wolves

Sunday 26th May

15:00 Salford City Reds v Widnes Vikings

17:15 Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants

19:30 Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

As mentioned on another thread, will be at the Etihad this Saturday and am very much looking forward to it.

Next only to the Challenge Cup Final, the atmosphere at the Magic Weekends is always brilliant, as it is attended only by people who love the game - the miserablists stay at home and carp about it on sites like this one. Whether they're from Wigan, Whitehaven, Wakefield or Wales, the people are always a laugh and the atmosphere in the pubs before and after spot on.

I think they've got the fixtures spot on this year too. Particularly from a Wire perspective: since its inception, we've either had non-derbies or, last year, a fixture against an uncompetitive Widnes. Perhaps this year Widnes would have worked better, but Wire-Saints is always box office and both sides have points to prove I think. Leeds v Wigan is massive too.

Would be really nice to see some TotalRLers too. Hope everyone who goes has a great weekend, whatever level of the game they watch their rugby.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#2 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Couldn't make Saturday due to a wedding, but going Sunday and really looking forward to it. Have only attended Murryfield in the past because of other commitments and thought it was brilliant
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Got a hotel booked in Manchester for 2 nights really looking forward to it. 3 of us going hopefully the weather is nice and some great games of RL.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Here's to a safe weekend for all.

(I'm looking at you Adrian Purtell!) <_<

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

#6 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Rovers and Hull have sold out their allocation of tickets as far as I am aware.

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

I believe Warrington have just had another batch of 600 delivered, so sales appear to be going well at Wire as usual.

Gutted that I am giving this one a miss this year, but unfortunately something had to give in World Cup year, and I;m not missing Cardiff, Wembley or Old Trafford!

#8 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Rovers and Hull have sold out their allocation of tickets as far as I am aware.

Not a surprise, I really enjoy the MW even last year  I mean it is great value for money you got everything even a bit of American football  ;)

#9 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

I am coming from London for both days and going with friends.

I hope the weather is as good as last year but I don't think it will be.

We will be missing the first two games on Saturday but even then £45 for 5 games in a great stadium is fantastic value.

The only possible problem - is there any real ale on sale?

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Can anyone remember if there were any restrictions on what food could be taken into the stadium?

#11 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Can't make it for the first time ever :(
Gutted.
Posted Image

#12 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Thank god for Eccles .v. Millom Saturday and Oldham .v. Gateshead Sunday. I might catch some of the other stuff on tv!

#13 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

booked into sachas hotel sunday great deal £45 :biggrin: got two tickets from wigan today £15 for me £30 for tother half, can't wait.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#14 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

booked into sachas hotel sunday

Oof.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#15 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Off to my very first magic weekend, ableit only the saturday and really looking forward to it. Anything to see/avoid?

YCK

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Off to my very first magic weekend, ableit only the saturday and really looking forward to it. Anything to see/avoid?

My advice would be just to get there early and soak up the atmopshere. I enjoyed the fanzone ouside the ground and just mingling with the other fans.

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

My advice would be just to get there early and soak up the atmopshere. I enjoyed the fanzone ouside the ground and just mingling with the other fans.

IRN BRU tackle bag, aim for the sensor in the middle of the logo. It'll avoid the embarrassment of getting beaten by an 8 year old!
Posted Image

#18 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Trams should be running to the ground this year.

#19 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Trams should be running to the ground this year.

According to my friend there is trams running to the ground. Can't remember how much he said but he said it'll be cheaper than getting a taxi and our hotel is only a couple of miles from the ground.

#20 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Got an adult ticket for Saturday if anyone wants it.

We paid £14 for it but a tenner and it's yours.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users