TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The Magic Weekend Thread

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#21 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

You want the Droyslden tram, if leaving from Piccadilly Station you need to pick it up on the arrival platform not the departure platform for Eccles, Bury etc.

Cost will be £2.90 return off peak.

Metrolink also offering 20% discount on game tickets

http://www.metrolink...es/default.aspx

Edited by Red Willow, 21 May 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#22 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

I have been on the linked website but cant find anywhere to buy the £5.50 all weekend pass, HELP !!

http://www.rugbyleag...a/magic_weekend

Enjoy the Magic Weekend with a Metrolink Weekend Saver ticket. Valid from 6pm on Friday evening until end of service on Sunday, the Weekend Saver gives unlimited travel right across the Metrolink network; adults £5.50, families of up to 2 adults and up to three children just £7.50. Metrolink tickets must be purchased before travelling. Metrolink ticket and travel information is available atwww.metrolink.co.uk

#23 Black Junior

Black Junior
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Just to let anyone know that is going on the Sunday that the Bupa Manchester 10K Run is on the same day in the city centre. There's expected to be 40,000 people running it so I'm guessing quite afew of the main roads will be blocked off

#24 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

The weekend ticket is probably classed as a season ticket. weekly tickets are.

These can be bought at the travel shop in Piccadilly Gardens or at the machines that season tickets can be purchased. There is usally at least 1 machine at each stop that can be used for season tickets.

#25 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Planning to park at and travel from Prestwich, one line no changes i think. Only half hour. Sound good.

#26 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Oof.

what?

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#27 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Not a surprise, I really enjoy the MW even last year  I mean it is great value for money you got everything even a bit of American football  ;)

I love the Magic Weekend. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea for a wide range of reasons but I can stand and have a beer with supporters of all colours and see how they view the game. I often think people should start looking at it as a celebration of Rugby League, where we all just get together for a weekend, have a party, watch the game and enjoy it.

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Over 65k tickets sold now - good stuff.

#29 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,493 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Can you pay on the day?

#30 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

A couple of Catalans Dragons (Welsh Branch - as seen on Sky TV) fans will be making our way there on Saturday.

I went last year - great weather, and the superb Hull - Hull KR derby was worth the ticket price alone.  Looking forward to some closely contested game and a great atmosphere once again, plus this year I am not driving so have the added bonus of a few beers.

Allez Dragons!

#31 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

what?

:D A bit rough and ready in there - fine for a Wigan fan though. :P

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#32 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

the superb Hull - Hull KR derby was worth the ticket price alone.  

Hmmmph, no it bloody well wasn't.

Apologies if this has already been covered but why do the games start so late on Sunday? Our train leaves Manc Picaddily at 21.11 so we'll miss most of the 2nd half of L**ds v Pies. :(

(Mind you, after watching the game on Monday, it may well be all over by then.)

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#33 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

Over 65k tickets sold now - good stuff.

Good stuff!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hmmmph, no it bloody well wasn't.

Apologies if this has already been covered but why do the games start so late on Sunday? Our train leaves Manc Picaddily at 21.11 so we'll miss most of the 2nd half of L**ds v Pies. :(

(Mind you, after watching the game on Monday, it may well be all over by then.)

Maybe this has something to do with it?

Just to let anyone know that is going on the Sunday that the Bupa Manchester 10K Run is on the same day in the city centre. There's expected to be 40,000 people running it so I'm guessing quite afew of the main roads will be blocked off

Starts at 10am-ish.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

From a Bulls perspective.

Bulls Media @BullsMedia 20 May

Bulls receive 200 more unreserved Tickets for the Sunday of the Magic Weekend. Contact the Ticket Office.

Retweeted by Bradford Bulls RLFC

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Looking forward to this – I was a doubter but attended my first magic weekend last year and as usual I was proved wrong and loved it. Browny has it spot on in his opening post that it’s such a good atmosphere because all the grumps stay away. Working on getting my timings better and catching more matches this year – as there seems like a lot more good matches to catch. Not so sure we’ll get as much sunshine as last time (as I’ve learnt though, that’s Manchester for you!) which really added to it, but I’m sure it’ll be a good weekend whatever the weather.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#37 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

Looking forward to this – I was a doubter but attended my first magic weekend last year and as usual I was proved wrong and loved it. Browny has it spot on in his opening post that it’s such a good atmosphere because all the grumps stay away. Working on getting my timings better and catching more matches this year – as there seems like a lot more good matches to catch. Not so sure we’ll get as much sunshine as last time (as I’ve learnt though, that’s Manchester for you!) which really added to it, but I’m sure it’ll be a good weekend whatever the weather.

Tends to follow the basis that anyone who has attended one of these loves it, those that havent grumble about it.

Ive been to three or four of them at Cardiff and Manchester, never went to Murrayfield though. Ive really enjoyed it everytime ive been, the atmosphere is always brilliant, relaxed and fun. The pricing is great for whats on offer, it really is a festival of RL!

#38 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Groupon are doing a MW ticket offer.

#39 hullfcshep

hullfcshep
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Are Flags/Flagpoles allowed into the ground?

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Groupon are doing a MW ticket offer.

Looks like it is Hull FC doing this offer as you need to pick the tickets up from the KC in advance - maybe they are giving up their commission on the tickets to drive sales?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users