Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#1 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

I have been watching Sinfield closely and he has been really poor, his defence is terrible and he is showing little in attack.

England fans should be worried.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

They should have been worried as soon he was made captain.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

I have been watching Sinfield closely and he has been really poor, his defence is terrible and he is showing little in attack.
England fans should be worried.

He was last season until near the playoffs; he was then outstanding. Best to judge him around then but I personally wouldn't have him in my England team if his form is poor. He is a certain starter though and captain if fit.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 20 May 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

I agree his defence his poor. He often misreads opposition plays and people get put through huge holes. If he organises and kicks well that'll do for me, as long as we have Widdop along side him he is good enough in attack and with a fairly strong attacking back line hopefully Sinfields lack of a running game shouldn't be to much of a miss.

#5 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Plenty of time...I do agree though...form will count

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

They should have been worried as soon he was made captain.

Spot on.  It was way too early to name ANY player as captain, even the world's best player.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Spot on. It was way too early to name ANY player as captain, even the world's best player.

I think Australia selecting Smith as captain is a wise choice.

#8 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I think Australia selecting Smith as captain is a wise choice.

I meant for us!

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

He seems to panic when he gets the ball in open play and just passes it to anyone no matter how bad a positiin they are in, just so he doesnt take a tackle. Is he injured or something?

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

I meant for us!

You mentioned the best player in the world so I thought you meant Smith, my bad.

#11 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

You mentioned the best player in the world so I thought you meant Smith, my bad.

In fairness, this is Martyn's website, so I'm just being courteous. 

#12 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I really like Kevin Sinfield but naming him as captain a year before the WC was probably McNamara's dumbest decision and he's made a few.

If anything it's unfair on the player himself, not to mention those vying for the number six jersey.

#13 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Sinfield is doing too much work in defence for a halfback due to Leeds insistence in playing a scrum half at hooker (check the stats) he looks knackered to me. Having said that let's see how he's going near the business end. Also most international sides have captains named well before competitions, I think McNamara is trying to make a team like atmosphere and part of that is having a core set of players including a captain.

#14 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

Sack him and off with his head..... I'd rather him be ###### now and improve over the later stages of the season !!

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Sinfield is doing too much work in defence for a halfback due to Leeds insistence in playing a scrum half at hooker (check the stats) he looks knackered to me. Having said that let's see how he's going near the business end. Also most international sides have captains named well before competitions, I think McNamara is trying to make a team like atmosphere and part of that is having a core set of players including a captain.

This

Sack him and off with his head..... I'd rather him be ###### now and improve over the later stages of the season !!

And this.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#16 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Sinfield's form has dipped but the bloke's only human and like anyone else he'll have good spells and bad spells. He's the type of person who'll work harder to put it right. The player at Leeds who seems most out of form is Hardaker who looks woefully short of confidence at the moment. A couple of times last night he ducked out of challenges that cost tries and he doesn't seem to be running the ball with any great conviction.

#17 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

He's not good enough at international level, we've seen it proved 30+ times before!

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

He's not good enough at international level, we've seen it proved 30+ times before!

I'd say 30+ caps say he is.Keep grinding that axe. :onthequiet:

#19 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'd say 30+ caps say he is.Keep grinding that axe. :onthequiet:

I'd say 30+ caps shows how great he is domestically but he's virtualy never (maybe 2 or 3 times) carried that form into an into an international game.
It also shows how poor GB and England have been in the playmaker department because despite his horrible international performances he keeps getting picked, McNamara is just the latest to try and solve the conundrum that is Sinfield.

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'd say 30+ caps shows how great he is domestically but he's virtualy never (maybe 2 or 3 times) carried that form into an into an international game.
It also shows how poor GB and England have been in the playmaker department because despite his horrible international performances he keeps getting picked, McNamara is just the latest to try and solve the conundrum that is Sinfield.

So is that the fault of Sinfield,that he keeps getting selected,is he solely responsible for Englands poor performances or could other players not performed either.

It seems some players are easy targets yet others are beyond criticism.Sinfield being in the former category.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 21 May 2013 - 09:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users