Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#181 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yet strangely he got MOM in the win against NZ just like he did in the win against NZ in the previous 4 nations he was picked for (he was injured in 2010 when England were absolutely dreadful) and again getting MOM in one of last years internationals (but I now know those dont count in his tally of course)

Fine I get it you don't rate Sinfield that is of course your perogative but don't make things up to try and prove your opinion as fact.

Man of the matches arnt really a good basis to form an opinion on. Didn't JJB get MOM v Saints on last week.

What did I make up may I ask?

#182 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Stop saying most of the England squad have failed against Aus because they haven't. The only people who looked out of place when we played Aus in the 2011 4N were Chase, Yeaman and Sinfield.

Sorry misread your post first time but I must of missed all those wins against Aus in 2011, if I recall correctly we pushed them very close at wembley with the whole team playing well then we got battered in the final with no one articulately laying well because we were up against a far superior team.

#183 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Man of the matches arnt really a good basis to form an opinion on. Didn't JJB get MOM v Saints on last week.

JJB got the rhinos MOM which will always go to a home team player, how that's relevant I'm not sure.

Basically the Sinfield 'haters' won't give him any credit even when he has played well for England, which he has quite a few times.

Edited by christopher, 24 May 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#184 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Let's hope Steve Mac doesn't put too much faith in MOMs then, because he seems to have a thing for JJB as well!

#185 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Let's hope Steve Mac doesn't put too much faith in MOMs then, because he seems to have a thing for JJB as well!

Barrowraiderskid wouldn't mind, JJB didn't look out of place against Australia and didn't fail according to him

#186 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Barrowraiderskid wouldn't mind, JJB didn't look out of place against Australia and didn't fail according to him

I don't class JJB as a member of the current squad. There is ten people I'd of put ahead of JJB.

And yes JJB was awful against Australia, by your logic we should make him captain and he'll be good enough, right?

#187 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

JJB got the rhinos MOM which will always go to a home team player, how that's relevant I'm not sure.

Basically the Sinfield 'haters' won't give him any credit even when he has played well for England, which he has quite a few times.

Well he got voted the best Leeds player on the pitch when he was actually the worst in my honest opinion. So saying someone got MOM hence they played well in that game isn't true.

Yes Sinfield has played well in a few games for England no one is denying that. It's the 25 - 30 times he hasn't performed is why people question his selection.

#188 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Can I just reiterate my post from earlier,

I'm judging Sinfield on his PERFORMANCES not the results, more specific and relevant are his performances against the big 2 in which, apart from 1 or 2 occasions when he's been OK at best, he's been sub international standard.

#189 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

I don't class JJB as a member of the current squad. There is ten people I'd of put ahead of JJB.

And yes JJB was awful against Australia, by your logic we should make him captain and he'll be good enough, right?

Erm, pretty sure he is a member of the current squad though...

SBW vs JJB - can't wait for that match-up.

#190 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

christopher has to be Sinny' mother, the love is clearly unconditional.

#191 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

So when you said, the only people that looked out if place were Sinfield , Chase and Yeaman you were in fact talking rubbish?

#192 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Can I just reiterate my post from earlier,

I'm judging Sinfield on his PERFORMANCES not the results, more specific and relevant are his performances against the big 2 in which, apart from 1 or 2 occasions when he's been OK at best, he's been sub international standard.

Sinfield has performed well though but for whatever reason you are choosing not to see this, for example the last 2 games he has played against NZ he has won the MOM ( obviously means nothing though)

Look I'm not saying he is the greatest ever English player I'm not saying there aren't others who are good enough to take his place I'm just trying to counter balance the 'Sinfield has never played well for England' rubbish that's always trotted out. It is simply not true.

Edited by christopher, 24 May 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#193 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

So when you said, the only people that looked out if place were Sinfield , Chase and Yeaman you were in fact talking rubbish?

Forgot JJB was playing if I'm honest. You can add him to the list then, it still doesn't help your point at all. Sinfield doesn't have enough to be a international stand off. Just accept it and move on.

#194 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Forgot JJB was playing if I'm honest. You can add him to the list then, it still doesn't help your point at all. Sinfield doesn't have enough to be a international stand off. Just accept it and move on.

Look if you can't even remember who played in that game I'd suggest your memory of said game is at best hazy so I'll take your critique of Sinfield in the game with a pinch of salt.

Sinfield is an international Stand Off whether you like that or not and barring injury will be Captsin and halfback come the World Cup I would suggest its you who needs to accept that and move on.

#195 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Look if you can't even remember who played in that game I'd suggest your memory of said game is at best hazy so I'll take your critique of Sinfield in the game with a pinch of salt.
Sinfield is an international Stand Off whether you like that or not and barring injury will be Captsin and halfback come the World Cup I would suggest its you who needs to accept that and move on.

Just wearing a number 6 or 7 for England doesn't make Sinfield an international quality half back though and that's the point at issue.

#196 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Just wearing a number 6 or 7 for England doesn't make Sinfield an international quality half back though and that's the point at issue.

And a point I and successive England/ gb coaches disagree with you on

I suspect what you really mean is Sinfield isn't as good as Australia's equivalent and I would then agree but would also add neither are any of the options available at half back

Edited by christopher, 24 May 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#197 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

And a point I and successive England/ gb coaches disagree with you on

As I've said before on ths thread, Sinfields club form is exceptional and it continues to buy him chance after chance as successive National Coaches try to find a way to get Sinfield to play for England in the way he does for Leeds.

Every single one of them has failed and it's because the task has a fatal flaw, Sinfield is not international class!

#198 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

As I've said before on ths thread, Sinfields club form is exceptional and it continues to buy him chance after chance as successive National Coaches try to find a way to get Sinfield to play for England in the way he does for Leeds.

Every single one of them has failed and it's because the task has a fatal flaw, Sinfield is not international class!

But they have only failed against Australia and that is simply because unfortunately Australia are a far superior team with better players. It is not because Sinfirld was in the side.

They haven't failed against any other international side

We di have a chance of winning the Wotld cup because we can beat Australia just not consistently, we need to get to the final and hope. ALL the English players play out of their skin.

Edited by christopher, 24 May 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#199 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Also just to add seeing as you think that the reason the English side has 'failed' in recent history because Sinfield has been picked at half back, how come the 2010 four nations, you know the one where Sinfield didn't play due to injury, the England team put in one of its worst performances in a tournament for years? Was that his fault aswell?

#200 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think christopher needs counselling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users