Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#201 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I think christopher needs counselling.

Thanks for your well thought out balanced response toy points

#202 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

But they have only failed against Australia and that is simply because unfortunately Australia are a far superior team with better players. It is not because Sinfirld was in the side.
They haven't failed against any other international side
We di have a chance of winning the Wotld cup because we can beat Australia just not consistently, we need to get to the final and hope. ALL the English players play out of their skin.

But again as I've said earlier, I'm judging Sinfield on HIS performances against the top 2 teams in the world and on that scale he's been an abject failure.

I could come out of retirement and play well against Wales & France etc that's no yardstick upon which to judge a payers international qualities.

#203 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

I think christopher needs counselling.

#204 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

But again as I've said earlier, I'm judging Sinfield on HIS performances against the top 2 teams in the world and on that scale he's been an abject failure.

But he hasn't, England have won both the last 2 games against NZ with Sinfield in the side and he's been MOM in both games.

They are facts not opinion.

#205 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Wasnt he playing at hooker in those games?

Not 6?

#206 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Wasnt he playing at hooker in those games?

Not 6?

Omega never mentioned positions just that he's been a failure (which he hasn't) he played 6 in 2011 started at 9 in 2009 but moved to halfback when roby came on

#207 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

11 pages on and he's still the captain of England !!

People mentioning brough as a preferred option, what happens when he gets roughed up??

Danny is a good player, for me he isn't consistent enough, has gone missing in too many super league games and not international class.... Myler has had the better of brough in many games recently and most don't rate Richie!!

But that's my opinion

#208 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

You have (almost) single handedly turned a genuine discussion about Sinfield's form into some kind of semi-religious hero worship; inventing a "hate" campaign and ignoring any and all reasoned and considered counter points, taking any viewpoint that he's not some kind of prophet very personally and as the most offensive sacrilege.  I suggest you get a copy of the faux Golden Boot issue of Rugby League World, some tissues, and enjoy yourself.

Enjoy your rugby league.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 24 May 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#209 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

You have (almost) single handedly turned a genuine discussion about Sinfield's form into some kind of semi-religious hero worship; inventing a "hate" campaign and ignoring any and all reasoned and considered counter points, taking any viewpoint that he's not some kind of prophet very personally and as the most offensive sacrilege.  I suggest you get a copy of the faux Golden Boot issue of Rugby League World, some tissues, and enjoy yourself.

Enjoy your rugby league.

And you say Christopher needs counselling, mirror cracked?

#210 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

You have (almost) single handedly turned a genuine discussion about Sinfield's form into some kind of semi-religious hero worship; inventing a "hate" campaign and ignoring any and all reasoned and considered counter points, taking any viewpoint that he's not some kind of prophet very personally and as the most offensive sacrilege. I suggest you get a copy of the faux Golden Boot issue of Rugby League World, some tissues, and enjoy yourself.

Enjoy your rugby league.

What is wrong with you?

Sinfield may not be a line breaking speed merchant, a try scoring machine or bulldozing monster but what he does well is something I would he in my team every match. He is a controller, an organiser, the type of player Australia have always had on the pitch.

#211 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

11 pages on and he's still the captain of England !!

People mentioning brough as a preferred option, what happens when he gets roughed up??

Danny is a good player, for me he isn't consistent enough, has gone missing in too many super league games and not international class.... Myler has had the better of brough in many games recently and most don't rate Richie!!

But that's my opinion

Not in the last few years he hasn't

And neither has Myler outplayed him.
The wire pack has bossed the giants pack though, so I can see how you get confused ;)

#212 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

The wire pack has bossed the giants pack though, so I can see how you get confused ;)

Agree to disagree, 11 pages of other stuff I think we'll leave :P

Sinfield still captain of England :-)

#213 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Agree to disagree, 11 pages of other stuff I think we'll leave :P
Sinfield still captain of England :-)

11 pages of other stuff that you can leave if you like but don't presume to choose for everyone else, as always with a forum you are free to ignore a thread if you like.

#214 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

I really don't get people's points on here. Sinfield will be part of the squad and probably in the team. As long as his form picks up towards the end of the year that will happen. He has been appointed captain and the caoching staff have faith in their strategy.

I think people forget that NZ won the World Cup and 2010 Four Nations with 'Lance Hohaia' at full-back and 'Nathan Fein' as scrum half. Fein wasn't even a half-back just a converted hooker and played the whole of the 2010 regular season at hooker. It was obviously the team ethic and game plan which beat the Aussies twice.

Since then the so-called superstars of Keiran Foran, Shaun Johnson and Benji Marshall have formed the half-back partnerships and I don't think NZ have hardly won a test in 3 years - outside Wales and Samoa.

I think that Widdop, Chase and Sinfield will be used as half-backs during the tournament. Ideally I would like Widdop and Sinfield with Chase/Burrow on the bench. Sinfield has his faults but he is a very experienced big game player. I would like to see Brough near the squad but it isn't going to happen so we need to move on.

Edited by Scubby, 25 May 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#215 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ah right so Brough doesn't play well behind a beaten pack, no half back can maybe that's one of the reason England can't beat Australia?

Doesn't matter who's at 6 not even Brough iif the pack are getting battered

#216 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

11 pages of other stuff that you can leave if you like but don't presume to choose for everyone else, as always with a forum you are free to ignore a thread if you like.

Replying to ant!!!

I did choose to ignore ypu. Hth

#217 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

I did choose to ignore ypu. Hth

Evidently not!

:-)

#218 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

For such an amazing captain and decision maker, I wonder why he took a settler on the fourth tackle in enemy territory putting him out of the game on the fifth for the kick, and why he chose that daft kick on half time.

#219 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Not Sinny's best week, but we need a kicker who can perform under extreme pressure and to my mind there's a queue of one on that score. Though I wouldn't be upset to see Brough in the tactical kicking role. My recollection is that only rarely has Sinny been given his Leeds role for England/GB and has performed pretty tidily when he has. He's no Tony Myler, but if you put the right players around him, he can do an excellent job.

#220 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Brough was outstanding for Huddersfield today while Sinfield was horrible for Leeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users