Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#241 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Brough is 30. Been at lots of clubs. Just how many medals does he have in his trophy cabinet?

We're in this World Cup to win it, not to have a few flash moments that look good on the replays.

It's a cup, he's got a cup winners medal.

#242 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Recall Peacock then...

:O ;)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#243 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'd rather Sinfield had a few average performances now rather than later in the season for England. Brough on his day is a great player. However England have been building a team over the last few years. I don't want England to pick the best 13 individuals for the World Cup. I want the best team.

Those players are going to be in camp together for 6 weeks. They are going to have to put their bodies on the line for the bloke next to them and to make sacrifices for the sake of the team for 6 whole weeks.

It's not just about chucking the 13 best players out there and saying go win the World Cup.

For year's people have been saying if we're going to beat the Aussies England/GB need to do something different. That's what has been happening for the last few years. We've now got a club feel to the England side. Brough was part of the squad last year and played in the Exiles match. Not only didn't he play well, but he obviously didn't fit in to the team, else he'd have been back in the squad this year.

Brough is 30. Been at lots of clubs. Just how many medals does he have in his trophy cabinet?

We're in this World Cup to win it, not to have a few flash moments that look good on the replays.

Could not agree more, my thoughts on the subject exactly.

#244 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

It's a cup, he's got a cup winners medal.

One cup winners medal, not much of a return for a player who some reckon to be the answer to all our prayers! As for Peacock, if he was younger then clearly we should.

#245 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

One cup winners medal, not much of a return for a player who some reckon to be the answer to all our prayers! As for Peacock, if he was younger then clearly we should.

I meant Peacock is the only Leeds player with a Cup winners medal! :ph34r:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#246 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Could not agree more, my thoughts on the subject exactly.

There's a shock.

#247 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'd rather Sinfield had a few average performances now rather than later in the season for England. Brough on his day is a great player. However England have been building a team over the last few years. I don't want England to pick the best 13 individuals for the World Cup. I want the best team.

That is all well and good but if players are a hinderance to that system, they need to be dropped no matter what characteristics they bring to the team. Sinfield is a very good rugby league player but is too slow to play half back against the Australians. In the 2011 Quad Nations, I thought he was a hinderance to Chase who visibly would get annoyed with his half back partner. By all means include Sinfield in the set up in some form but he isn't a big enough threat for me at half back to warrant a place in the game day squad.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#248 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Brought has been the best stand off or a couple of seasons now, that he hasn't wont many medals is irrelevant - given the trophies have been dominated by two or three teams

The fact he has one cup winners medal alone says he has more medals that a huge proportion of super league players

We might have been building a team for some time, but if the architect is too incompetent to realise he has used poor cement that won't mean a damn in the autumn

#249 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

We might have been building a team for some time, but if the architect is too incompetent to realise he has used poor cement that won't mean a damn in the autumn

Do you think we'll need to put a finger in a dyke then?

#250 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

:unsure:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#251 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

1. I'd rather Sinfield had a few average performances now rather than later in the season for England. Brough on his day is a great player. However England have been building a team over the last few years. I don't want England to pick the best 13 individuals for the World Cup. I want the best team.

2. Those players are going to be in camp together for 6 weeks. They are going to have to put their bodies on the line for the bloke next to them and to make sacrifices for the sake of the team for 6 whole weeks. It's not just about chucking the 13 best players out there and saying go win the World Cup.

3. For year's people have been saying if we're going to beat the Aussies England/GB need to do something different. That's what has been happening for the last few years. We've now got a club feel to the England side.

4. Brough was part of the squad last year and played in the Exiles match. Not only didn't he play well, but he obviously didn't fit in to the team, else he'd have been back in the squad this year.

5. Brough is 30. Been at lots of clubs. Just how many medals does he have in his trophy cabinet?

6. We're in this World Cup to win it, not to have a few flash moments that look good on the replays.

1. On that basis then we shouldn't select; Kallum Watkins, Sam Burgess, George Burgess ect as they haven't been part of this team building have they. Every other nation selects the best 13 players in their respective position, why should we do any different to accommodate a sub international standard half back partnership.

2. Your saying Danny Brough isn't going to put his body on the line for England if he plays? I hardly think thats true.

3. Yes its been happening but it didn't work 2 years ago. We lost the final because their half backs were several classes above ours in every aspect. The pressure they built up won them the game. Why not try something different and play our best 2 half backs in their actual position, that will give us the best chance of winning.

4. The team which played in that exiles will be completely different to the one we have now. Infact I imagine 5 players from that team he played in will start at the millennium stadium, if that. The back row we had that game kept missing tackles. Menzies ripped them apart, it was the worst back row I've seen pull on an England shirt in my life time. What can Brough do about missed tackles on the edges?

5. On that basis we need Paul Wellens at full back, Jamie Peacock in the front row. Sean Long and Leon Pryce in the halves with Jamie Jones Buchanan at second row.

6. You make this statement then say we should keep Rangi Chase in the side? Really?

#252 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Sinfield to host guest lecture.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#253 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Id rather read what he has to say than attend a live lecture and be forced to endure his monotone drone!
Whether or not he has something interesting to say his delivery would put a glass eye to sleep hence you never see Barrie Mac in lengthy conversation with him.

#254 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Sinfield to host guest lecture.

This even should be packed out with insomniacs.

#255 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

The selection for the Exiles should be interesting.
Brough one of the form players in SL at present.
Sinfield out of form, playing poorly and making game losing plays.

#256 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Shown up and outclassed again tonight, Daniel Holdsworth has steered Hull FC round the park and kicked Leeds to death while Kevin Sinfield only managed a few disapproving stares into the ref cam.

#257 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Did Sinfield play in the second half?

#258 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,718 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Did Sinfield play in the second half?

Did he play in the first?!
Posted Image

#259 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

The selection for the Exiles should be interesting.
Brough one of the form players in SL at present.
Sinfield out of form, playing poorly and making game losing plays.

Is he out if form is this simply how he plays? It's not like he breaks the line usually and has stopped for a few weeks.

#260 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

In the game against Hull F.C., Leeds did not have the field position to inflict any damage with the kicking game. Sinfield is at his best when able to put dangerous kicks close to the goal line. The kicks last night were from far down the pitch and so straight to McDonnell with the result that the Hull full back was able to make easy metres. Could Sinfield's poor form also be related to the absence of the under-rated Ablett? Leeds won last year's Grand Final not only due to Sinfield's kicking but also because Ablett was pressing the locations where the ball was landing.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users