Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#21 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

So is that the fault of Sinfield,that he keeps getting selected,is he solely responsible for Englands poor performances or could other players not performed either.

Where have I suggested that Kevin Sinfields at fault? I'm merely stating that he's not good enough to at international level, he's had 30 odd chances to show that he is and has failed in all but 2 or 3. I'm sure he's as frustrated at his inability to replicate his Leeds form for GB & England as many of the fans, I'm also sure he's done everything he can to rectify it but it hasn't worked.

No player in the history of the game has ever been solely responsible for poor team performances, it's a bit of a daft question, but it's time to move on from a ageing payer who couldn't stamp his influence internationally when he was in his prime, especially when there are other players who deserve the same shot that Sinfield was afforded.

You accuse me of grinding an axe but I'm no Sinfield/Leeds hater, I was sat in the Carnegie stand last night supporting Leeds against Sts, I'll send a picture of my ticket stub if you don't beleive that.

#22 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

If we aren't picking players who haven't shown up in previous internationals we wouldn't have many to choose from, kevin Sinfield hasn't been terrible for England at all its just some fans seem to have some strange ace to grind.

I remember seeing some excerpt from an Aussie magazine last year with some stats on international players Sinfield was the only England player on the list

Edited by christopher, 21 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#23 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Also I would suggest Sinfield is in his prime now, he won the golden boot just last year

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Where have I suggested that Kevin Sinfields at fault? I'm merely stating that he's not good enough to at international level, he's had 30 odd chances to show that he is and has failed in all but 2 or 3. I'm sure he's as frustrated at his inability to replicate his Leeds form for GB & England as many of the fans, I'm also sure he's done everything he can to rectify it but it hasn't worked.

No player in the history of the game has ever been solely responsible for poor team performances, it's a bit of a daft question, but it's time to move on from a ageing payer who couldn't stamp his influence internationally when he was in his prime, especially when there are other players who deserve the same shot that Sinfield was afforded.

You accuse me of grinding an axe but I'm no Sinfield/Leeds hater, I was sat in the Carnegie stand last night supporting Leeds against Sts, I'll send a picture of my ticket stub if you don't beleive that.

Good for you,well done but you do suggest that Sinfield is at fault for GB/Englands poor performances.Any way,we shall see if other players who may fill that role live up to their hype.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#25 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

He is on the greatest player list for Leeds no problem but hasn't cut it at international level for me.His kicking game is excellent, playing him at no 6 not impressed, infact the half-backs have been average for years at international level.

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

If we aren't picking players who haven't shown up in previous internationals we wouldn't have many to choose from, kevin Sinfield hasn't been terrible for England at all its just some fans seem to have some strange ace to grind.

I remember seeing some excerpt from an Aussie magazine last year with some stats on international players Sinfield was the only England player on the list

yep - agree with this.

#27 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Look just because someone doesn't share your opinion it doesn't mean they're wrong or have an axe to grind, talk about arrogance!

If a player is picked in a pivotal and influential position and is tasked with steering the team around the field then goes almost unnoticed, is totally nondescript and anonymous during the game then they've had a poor match. If it appens 30 odd times then despite whatever the other players may or may not have performed like for the player in question it should be the end of the road.

#28 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

But it hasn't happened 30 odd times that's the point. Sinfield has only really played in his proper role for England on a few occasions and he has played well when doing so, you will get accused of having an axe to grind if you post things that are untrue.

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Look just because someone doesn't share your opinion it doesn't mean they're wrong or have an axe to grind, talk about arrogance!

If a player is picked in a pivotal and influential position and is tasked with steering the team around the field then goes almost unnoticed, is totally nondescript and anonymous during the game then they've had a poor match. If it appens 30 odd times then despite whatever the other players may or may not have performed like for the player in question it should be the end of the road.

Simple question for you- why does he keep getting selected if he is nondescript and anonymous?

#30 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Simple question for you- why does he keep getting selected if he is nondescript and anonymous?

Because he is the Golden Boot winner and the Best Player in the World...

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

yep - agree with this.

I don't agree at all.

My team for this year's 4N would be: Tomkins, Charnley Watkins Reed Hall Widdop Brough Graham Roby Crabtree Westwood Ellis Burgess Subs: Burrow G Burgess Hock Walmsley/Hill/Mossop/L Burgess (whoever is on the best form)

Tomkins and Hall were world class in the 2011 4N. Reed didn't look out of place against Aus which is unusual for a British centre nowadays. Watkins Charnley Widdop and Brough have hardly been tested against NZ or Aus.

Crabtree and Graham have always played well. Ellis and Westwood are also very consistent against Aus/NZ. S Burgess hasnt played recently but his class is obviously their. Burrow probably has been tested but provides a threat the Aussies aren't used to. Not sure about Hock. G Burgess and the other props haven't been tested.

I don't pick the likes of O Loughlin, JJB, Wilkin ect because they haven't performed to step up.

We have players like Widdop Brough Watkins Charnley who haven't had a crack against the best in the world and they are all brilliant form. I don't see how picking someone who consistently hasn't performed against the best should be picked over Widdop and Brough. They are both playing better than him currently.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 21 May 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#32 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Reed has not been in good form at all, and neither has Widdop from what I hear, and why are you picking players that are on form now when the WC is 6 months away?

#33 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Because he is the Golden Boot winner and the Best Player in the World...

He was selected before then,yet again a fail on your part.

#34 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

He was selected before then,yet again a fail on your part.

I was  being factious, best player in the World?

Well Terry its all about opinions.

You do not think my thoughts are any good and I feel the same way about most of yours.

You have a one eyed opinion about Leeds and its players and good on you.

I think Sinfield is not in the top 50 players in the World, maybe not top 100.

He is a fantastic goal kicker, so was Ross Conlon.

If my team signed him at his best I would be disappointed, that's my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Australian Bookies are holding back on the odds for the World Cup until they see if he is in the team rumour has it.

Edited by AndyCapp, 21 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#35 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

You do not think my thoughts are any good and I feel the same way about most of yours.

If my team signed him at his best I would be disappointed, that's my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Australian Bookies are holding back on the odds for the World Cup until they see if he is in the team rumour has it.

I criticise Leeds players when it is deserved,again you're wrong.

You have a one eyed opinion on all things Australian constantly "bagging"( I believe that is the term used in the Antipodes) all things connected with RL in this country.

Next.

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I was  being factious, best player in the World?

Voted for by a panel of judges,so yes, best player in the world,neither my opinion or yours were asked for in that vote.

#37 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Voted for by a panel of judges,so yes, best player in the world,neither my opinion or yours were asked for in that vote.

How sad is it when a "Major Rugby League award" can not have the Judges named?

The excuse is that the Judges nay be attacked on social media if they are named,

Without knowing the Judges the Award means not much.

#38 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

I criticise Leeds players when it is deserved,again you're wrong.

You have a one eyed opinion on all things Australian constantly "bagging"( I believe that is the term used in the Antipodes) all things connected with RL in this country.

Next.

Are you ever wrong?

You should be a Mod or Admin.

#39 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

How sad is it when a "Major Rugby League award" can not have the Judges named?

The excuse is that the Judges nay be attacked on social media if they are named,

Without knowing the Judges the Award means not much.

It obviously hurts that a British player won.I don't remember you complaining before then.

#40 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Are you ever wrong?

You should be a Mod or Admin.

Where have I stated I am never wrong.

Everyone makes mistakes,it's all part of being human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users