Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#41 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Reed has not been in good form at all, and neither has Widdop from what I hear, and why are you picking players that are on form now when the WC is 6 months away?

Reed did alright last time, he formed a half decent partnership with Hall and is defencively good that's why I picked him.

Widdop hasn't been poor. He made a stupid kick against I think it was the Raiders a few weeks ago which he got abit of stick for but that's about it. He hasn't been as good as last season but still much better than Sinfield. Widdop set up Storms only try against Manly with a great kick in their last game.

I don't see your point? How are you meant to select a team now if you can't select on current form? My side will likely change come the 2013 WC. If England played Aus tomorrow that's the side I'd choose.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 21 May 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#42 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

It obviously hurts that a British player won.I don't remember you complaining before then.

I don't really care who wins.

I would prefer if the winner is in the top group of players in the World , it adds creditability to the game.

If Tomkins had won I would give it a nod as a fair call.
Not my choice  but a fair call.

Sinfield as the best player in the game just is an embarrassment.

#43 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Rees was average last time out
Made one good break any other centre could have scored.

Not seen much of him this season to suggest he is worth picking over any domestic centre

#44 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't really care who wins.

I would prefer if the winner is in the top group of players in the World , it adds creditability to the game.

If Tomkins had won I would give it a nod as a fair call.
Not my choice  but a fair call.

Sinfield as the best player in the game just is an embarrassment.

You obviously do care who wins,as i said before I don't recall you complaining about the choices before.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#45 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

It obviously hurts that a British player won.I don't remember you complaining before then.

An Award is only as credible as the people that awarded that honour,

Who Judged the Golden Boot award and what was that balance across the game to make that Award credible?

#46 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

An Award is only as credible as the people that awarded that honour,

Who Judged the Golden Boot award and what was that balance across the game to make that Award credible?

I thought you were one of the judges,I take it you weren't.

#47 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

You obviously do care who wins,as i said before I don't recall you complaining about the choices before.

How long does your memory go back and your knowledge of my posts?

Quote my posts that you recall Terry.

You are talking ######.

Who Judged the Golden Boot award last year?.....................................................................

#48 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I thought you were one of the judges,I take it you weren't.

Who were the Judges terry?

Surely an award you hold in high regard you would know the Peers that awarded the highest accolade  in the game as the "Worlds best Player"

#49 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

An award without any knowledge of how the criteria is decided just make this game look more Amateurishness than it need to be.

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Who were the Judges terry?

Surely an award you hold in high regard you would know the Peers that awarded the highest accolade  in the game as the "Worlds best Player"

Have you not read my posts,I don't hold the awards in high regard,as you have stated no one knows who the judges were,so why ask me.

#51 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

An award without any knowledge of how the criteria is decided just make this game look more Amateurishness than it need to be.

How long does your memory go back and your knowledge of my posts?

Quote my posts that you recall Terry.

You are talking ######.

Who Judged the Golden Boot award last year?.....................................................................

Really,I'm talking ######' am I.I've answered your question.

#52 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Simple question for you- why does he keep getting selected if he is nondescript and anonymous?

He gets selected because domestically he looks world class but he does not take that into International matches, successive National coaches have tried and tried to find the equation that would see him play as well for England/GB as he does for Leeds and none have succeded.

#53 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

He gets selected because domestically he looks world class but he does not take that into International matches, successive National coaches have tried and tried to find the equation that would see him play as well for England/GB as he does for Leeds and none have succeded.

So would you say he was poor in the 4 nations last year,when he was given his club role in the England team.

#54 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

But it hasn't happened 30 odd times that's the point. Sinfield has only really played in his proper role for England on a few occasions and he has played well when doing so, you will get accused of having an axe to grind if you post things that are untrue.

Well I beleive it has happened and despite the protestations of a few diehard Rhinos, I think the majority share my opinion.

#55 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's hard to imagine that any of the other shortlisted players for the golden boot award would have had so little impact on last night's game. 

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#56 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

So is that down to Sinfield or the players around him?

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 21 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#57 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

So would you say he was poor in the 4 nations last year,when he was given his club role in the England team.

I'd say he was non descript, had little influence and carried zero threat to the top 2 Nations in the game and they're the ones we have to measure him against.

PS he wasn't alone but not many have had the chances Sinfields had, it's time to recognise that he's never going to cut it at international level!

#58 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's hard to imagine that any of the other shortlisted players for the golden boot award would have had so little impact on last night's game. 

Are players not allowed dips in form,name me one sport where a player performs to the highest of the ability all season.

#59 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

If McDerrmott had any balls he'd drop Sinfield and start planning for the future.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#60 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

So is that down to Sinfield or the players around him?

He bears the responsibility for his own performances which have in the vast majority been sub standard and disappointing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users