Sinfield's form in last few games

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#81 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Would it? surely if we still lose with new halfbacks that isn't progress.

No, not everything is measured in wins and losses.

#82 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

It is in world cups

#83 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

In sport it is.It's all about results.A team may not lose by as many,to some that may be deemed as progress but it's still a loss.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 21 May 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#84 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

If Sinfield isn't good enough then why does he keep getting selected by whoever is in charge of GB/England? Is it a conspiracy?
Reminds me of similar comments levelled at Darryl Powell. 19 consecutive starts under 3 different coaches IIRC. Was the fix in?
Wish I was so bad that they kept picking me.

#85 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

If Sinfield continues in his current vein, then McDermott will drop him.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#86 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Jeez, are people forgetting Leeds have won 7 out of the last 9 games and Sinfield is not playing as bad as the knee jerkers on here seem to think.

As I've said before check Sinfields defensive stats, they are not normal for a halfback, Leeds problem is in the hooking position at the moment

Edited by christopher, 21 May 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#87 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

If Sinfield isn't good enough then why does he keep getting selected by whoever is in charge of GB/England? Is it a conspiracy?
Reminds me of similar comments levelled at Darryl Powell. 19 consecutive starts under 3 different coaches IIRC. Was the fix in?
Wish I was so bad that they kept picking me.

sinfield is no where near in the class daryll powell was, to shine through in that era took some real skill and class, sinfieild is a great club man prob past his best now in a very ordinary team that has won the gf mainly due to the ineptnest of others rather than been a great team, im  not one of the sinfield haters but to put him as eng capt is as good as posting the trophy down under and asking for the postage costs, its widdop at 6 maybe sinfield on bench for last 20 mins to rally troops

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#88 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

sinfield is no where near in the class daryll powell was, to shine through in that era took some real skill and class, sinfieild is a great club man prob past his best now in a very ordinary team that has won the gf mainly due to the ineptnest of others rather than been a great team, im not one of the sinfield haters but to put him as eng capt is as good as posting the trophy down under and asking for the postage costs, its widdop at 6 maybe sinfield on bench for last 20 mins to rally troops

If Leeds are a very ordinary team what does that make the rest of the teams. You sound like a very bitter man

#89 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I really like Kevin Sinfield: great club player, genuine leader and a class act. Arguably the most influential player of the Super League era.

I've also watched pretty much all of his games for Eng/GB and, aside from a great effort as a replacement hooker at Wigan a few years back, I can't really think of many occasions where he's been effective against Australia/NZ.

He is an absolute champion for Leeds but IMO offers nothing that will trouble Aus or NZ at Test level. Because of this he wouldn't be in my starting XIII for England.

Does this mean I have an axe to grind?

#90 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

If Leeds are a very ordinary team what does that make the rest of the teams. You sound like a very bitter man

if you think players like chris clarkson, jamie jones b , well over the hill peacock and mc guire mixed with injury prone un proven (at top level) backs make up a great team , well yeah -there great- storm would have posted 70 past them in the world cc had it been down under and they had played 3 games and leeds none, thats why they dont take us serious  GETTIT!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#91 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

if you think players like chris clarkson, jamie jones b , well over the hill peacock and mc guire mixed with injury prone un proven (at top level) backs make up a great team , well yeah -there great- storm would have posted 70 past them in the world cc had it been down under and they had played 3 games and leeds none, thats why they dont take us serious GETTIT!

Right first few posts I agreed now you're just being heavily biased against Leeds, I'm not sure who you support but I think it's resulted in a bias.

Firstly Hall is proven at the top level. Leeds backs are the best in the competition. If they had Tomkins at full back then they'd be a long distance ahead of any of backs in the competition.

JJB is past it I'll agree with that. Chris Clarkson is young but he still does his job. McGuire has only starting looking past it this season, he's been class for around 10 seasons now. Peacock has been absolute class this sesson, the stats prove how much he's had an influence on the Leeds side this year.

We were having a debate about Sinfields form and you just turned it into a pointless Leeds bashing thread. BOAB in disguise?

Oh and Melbourne wouldn't of put 70 past Leeds obviously. Leeds would do fine in the NRL, they wouldn't be top but they'd be around the middle of the table. As would the majority of the top 3/4 sides Leeds have beaten over the years to win the grand final.

#92 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Well one thing is true, he's the captain of the most successful team in super league history and captain of England

So love him or hate him, he's going to lead the country out.

#93 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Right first few posts I agreed now you're just being heavily biased against Leeds, I'm not sure who you support but I think it's resulted in a bias.

Firstly Hall is proven at the top level. Leeds backs are the best in the competition. If they had Tomkins at full back then they'd be a long distance ahead of any of backs in the competition.

JJB is past it I'll agree with that. Chris Clarkson is young but he still does his job. McGuire has only starting looking past it this season, he's been class for around 10 seasons now. Peacock has been absolute class this sesson, the stats prove how much he's had an influence on the Leeds side this year.

We were having a debate about Sinfields form and you just turned it into a pointless Leeds bashing thread. BOAB in disguise?

Oh and Melbourne wouldn't of put 70 past Leeds obviously. Leeds would do fine in the NRL, they wouldn't be top but they'd be around the middle of the table. As would the majority of the top 3/4 sides Leeds have beaten over the years to win the grand final.

i support leeds

#94 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

i support leeds

Have they banned you from the stadium?

#95 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

In sport it is.It's all about results.A team may not lose by as many,to some that may be deemed as progress but it's still a loss.

We were talking about an individuals success or failure and in that case the win/loss statistic is less important and comes a distant second to performance.

Hyporthetically, If Widdop played stand off and caused Australia problems yet finished on the losing side then you wouldn't judge him on the win/loss statistic but on hs individual performance.

#96 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

Sinfield is slated when his form drops,as this thread shows.

Not by the media. Or the selectors apparently.
Posted Image

#97 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

i support leeds

Thats a joke, right?

You must be the type of fan, common to most clubs, that most get stuck within earshot of that spends 90% of the game criticising the players and when they players do the business it suddenly goes quiet! 

#98 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Not by the media. Or the selectors apparently.

So Sinfield has 2 poor games (he wasn't actually that poor against St Helens) and he should be publicly slated by the media and stripped of his England captaincy? Funny I don't remember the same thing being called for when Jamie peacock had a few off games.

This forum is getting like RLfans, hyperbole all over the place.

#99 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Jeez, are people forgetting Leeds have won 7 out of the last 9 games and Sinfield is not playing as bad as the knee jerkers on here seem to think.

As I've said before check Sinfields defensive stats, they are not normal for a halfback, Leeds problem is in the hooking position at the moment

Absolutely, the main point being we dont play with one at all! Burrow is a half back playing hooker.

Paul McShane must have run over Brian Macs cat for the amount of game time he gets. Dropped for the Saints game, I can see him going the way of James Lowes all them years ago and leaving Leeds to go to a rival club and making us pay for the next 10 years!

#100 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

So Sinfield has 2 poor games (he wasn't actually that poor against St Helens) and he should be publicly slated by the media and stripped of his England captaincy? Funny I don't remember the same thing being called for when Jamie peacock had a few off games.

This forum is getting like RLfans, hyperbole all over the place.

Leeds always look so much better when Peacock is playing.  It's a shame he'll probably retire at the same time as Sinfield, because if there's any drop in Leeds' output Sinfield will be said to be being missed, when in fact I think Peacock is far more of a talisman for them than Sinfield is.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users