Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Haven Away

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

I see this game as a must win.

haven are going well and mid table where we are struggling and bottom.

if we lose this then i feel were done for.

haven never impressed me at CP when they won, they are as poor as we are it was just they had a kicking game in Rooney and we had nothing in that department.

holty keeps saying things in the paper things which confuse me, he has been saying he has tought the team a new thing this week, i will teach them another next week, its a bit late for all that, we need the defence tightening up, we will always be capable of getting points, its the other end we are poor at.

i dont know whats going on with the team, is the coach not motivating the players?

do the players not want to play for Barrow or the coach?

is there issues with other things we are not aware of?

a win this weekend can kickstart our season, defeat will mean its another nail in the coffin.

heres hoping for a huge performance and a good win this weekend.

#2 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

IMO we need to keep Rooney quite, run out him constantly, he's got poor defence and will knacker him out

#3 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Jessie Joe Parker is Haven's best player at the moment IMO, he's had a couple of good games against Town this season.

Their forwards start with a lot of energy and have a decent offload game and are usually well supported.

Rooney doesnt impress me but if you allow him to he'll kick you all over the park.

I think Haven will just have too much for you, and would tip them to win by 8 points.

#4 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Jessie Joe Parker is Haven's best player at the moment IMO, he's had a couple of good games against Town this season.

Their forwards start with a lot of energy and have a decent offload game and are usually well supported.

Rooney doesnt impress me but if you allow him to he'll kick you all over the park.

I think Haven will just have too much for you, and would tip them to win by 8 points.

to lose by 8 would have been an ok result for us as we get the bonus point BUT as we lost at home against them, we need 3 points, not 1.

going to be hard but we won there last season so you never know.

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

i actually hate myself saying this but i think haven will be too strong for you guys and i think theyll win by 16+. now im going to wash my mouth out with soap.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Barrow by 12

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

they come out the blocks at 100mph
just contain them in the first 20mins and they will tire.

#8 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

they come out the blocks at 100mph
just contain them in the first 20mins and they will tire.

:drag: dont give up do you

#9 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Haven4ever.......remember him boys ? he was on here begging you to go to the wreck this weekend to swell the crowd, then proceeded to comment on deludedfans.com that he would have no sympathy for you if you went to the wall......what a nice man he is.

Do yourselves a favour and stay at home on Sunday rather than hand over your hard earned cash to those unsympathetic ********

You can always listen to the unbiased Mr Cox on the radio. ;)

Good luck on Sunday ....Town4Me is right by the way :tongue:

#10 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

first off jambo i haven't been on here begging anyone, i posted about a free bus thats all , as for what i wrote about barrow i suggest you read it again , just like derwent ran back to the town forum saying i said this that and the other 

http://www.havenfans...?topic=10727.15

post 17 21 and 22 incase you cant find them

Edited by haven4ever, 22 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I agree this is a must win. If we win this we move to 17 points. With York and Keighly away to Fev and Leigh we will likely leapfrog them in the table. Hopefully Workington to us a favour and beat Doncaster by more than 12 at home. Also if Dewsbury beat Swinton we will leapfrog them. We could potentially move up 5 places realistically with a win as Hunslet are playing Batley.

But we have to win first.

#12 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Sensitive soul aren't we H4E !!! I wont be looking at your posts as I would rather boil my own head than visit the darkside.

#13 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

not sensitive at all, just if your going spout rubbish about what im suppose to have posted i will correct it.As for rather boiling your head,so i take it you never go on the haven forum which just proves even more you were taking rubbish

Edited by haven4ever, 22 May 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#14 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Right H4E I never go on deludedfans.com I read it on our own forum after Derwent ran back and told us all what you wrote, which is something you will know about as you have been doing the same thing for years.You are well known as the " Copy and paste King " of the RL forunm world.

#15 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Right H4E I never go on deludedfans.com I read it on our own forum after Derwent ran back and told us all what you wrote, which is something you will know about as you have been doing the same thing for years.You are well known as the " Copy and paste King " of the RL forunm world.

so you haven't read what i put just spouting rubbish repeated by others as i thought,thanks thats all i needed to know ;)

#16 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Hopefully with our focus upon survival and nothing else can do us a favour. The lads know that its backs to the walls time and they've got to show their worth. I expect the Raiders to come out firing and win this one in a close fought manner.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#17 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hopefully with our focus upon survival and nothing else can do us a favour. The lads know that its backs to the walls time and they've got to show their worth. I expect the Raiders to come out firing and win this one in a close fought manner.

Trouble is a win costs the club more and will worsen the current finances IMO

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#18 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

short term hit by paying out winning fee but long term gain as relegation will mean a poor league, few travelling fans and poor home crowds!

thats saying we can stay up, if we win and then get relegated then we have achieved nothing.

#19 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Just for a change another posative & encouraging post !

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#20 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Sigh *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users