Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

No parking at Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

According to the BN website there will not be any parking at South Leeds stadium on Thursday evening. There is some availability just down the road at an equestrian centre.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

No parking, Thursday night and its on TV - Doesnt bode well for the attendance figure - Hunslet must be cursing Premier Sports and the Council.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

What! Where the hell am I gonna dump my wheels then?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

We have agreed with Middleton Equestrian Centre that we can use their facilities to park on a first come first serve basis, the equestrian centre is 200 yards to the right passed the stadium.

Stewards will direct spectators to the equestrian centre, once this facility is full, spectators will then be directed down Middleton Grove to the industrial park into Lockwood Way.

We hope to use the mini bus to take supporters from the industrial park to the stadium.

You can also park on Middleton Grove its self (road leading up to the stadium)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

What! Where the hell am I gonna dump my wheels then?

You should be able to take your hoop and stick in.  :laugh:

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

You should be able to take your hoop and stick in. :laugh:

I'm not that old GOR! I'm more of a top trumps kinda guy

Especially after a trip to the Oasis for the finest curry money can buy ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

You should be able to take your hoop and stick in.  :laugh:

And if it gets confiscated just how would you expect him to get home?

(Thank you Max Miller ;) )

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Looks like theyve scrapped thru with the lack of updates on the score 18-24

lets wait for the soundalikes...we were rubbish
no credit to the opposition....

but wait...
they will have to pay hunslet credit....cos if they dont they will look like fev fans...

get outta that without moving

thank you eric morecambe ;)

#9 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Happy with that. 6 first choice players out, down a forward after 10 mins against a decent Hunslet side away from home.

3 good points in the bag, and lots of spirit shown.

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Looks like theyve scrapped thru with the lack of updates on the score 18-24

lets wait for the soundalikes...we were rubbish
no credit to the opposition....

but wait...
they will have to pay hunslet credit....cos if they dont they will look like fev fans...

get outta that without moving

thank you eric morecambe ;)

Actually I am delighted with that. I was expecting it to be tough tonight, and with th eteam we had out expected the worse.

Defensively, thought we generally controlled the game with decent defence, with the exception of a couple of glaring lapses. With Moore and Hemmingway at half back we had an effective kicking game. Your ex Faal was strong and looks to be coming good, as does Walmesley too. Davies is all action and Smith never stopped working. Hunslet were tough as I would have expected, and that prop Moore could do well in the future!!!!!

#11 bulldogforlife

bulldogforlife
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I will give the DR one thing, makes for closer games!!!!

#12 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Nick

someone sent off ??

enlighten us who couldnt see the game due to lincolnshire not getting out of the 18th century yet ;)

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Nick

someone sent off ??

enlighten us who couldnt see the game due to lincolnshire not getting out of the 18th century yet ;)

Not sent off, Applegarth went off with what looked like potentially a serious leg injury after ten and did not return.

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Decent game with the Rhinos extras making it a lot closer

#15 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Decent game with the Rhinos extras making it a lot closer

I am sure one gifted you 2 tries!

#16 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

It was a good tough game. Liam Walmsley was my man of the match tonight. Although I won't complain that Campbell got it as he is always in the running.

Overall we were the better team on the night. Richard Moore was creating problems everytime he got the ball and managed to offload almost everytime. I think had he not played at all the score could have been more in our favour.

#17 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Richard Moore was creating problems everytime he got the ball and managed to offload almost everytime. I think had he not played at all the score could have been more in our favour.

Sorry, I don't agree here. Yes, he is big and strong and offloaded several times. But what actual danger did he create in our defence? None of his off loads created any chances or breaks and he never broke our line himself.

To me he looked a half decent Championship player, nothing more. (sorry about the pun)

#18 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

He made plenty of ground with ball in hand and it was his run and offload that led to hunslets first try.

#19 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Liam Walmsley has ben fantastic in last few games. Can anyone see him following his bro in next couple of years??

#20 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Sorry, I don't agree here. Yes, he is big and strong and offloaded several times. But what actual danger did he create in our defence? None of his off loads created any chances or breaks and he never broke our line himself.

To me he looked a half decent Championship player, nothing more. (sorry about the pun)

It's funny how we all see the game differently, I thought he was very good in his first spell, I'd have liked him in our starting line up that's for sure. He made 2 great cover tackles when we broke in the first half, I'm sure he was the man that tackled Campbell from the interception that Johnson eventually scored from. He made good yards, pulled at least 3 defenders out of position to bring him down when he drove it in and managed to offload more often than not, meaning the defence had to make an extra tackle. One of his numerous offloads in the game also set up the "offside try" scored by Haughey.

Admittedly though, he wasn't as effective in his second spell, having said that though, he played for the Rhino's on Monday and he is in the Rhino's 19 for today's game v Wigan, so maybe he eased off in preparation or was feeling tired from playing on Monday.

Some of the Hawks fans are bleating about Watson being poor at fullback, he made a couple of mistakes, but I thought he was one of there best players on the night.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 26 May 2013 - 06:38 AM.