Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

No parking at Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

It's funny how we all see the game differently, I thought he was very good in his first spell, I'd have liked him in our starting line up that's for sure. He made 2 great cover tackles when we broke in the first half, I'm sure he was the man that tackled Campbell from the interception that Johnson eventually scored from. He made good yards, pulled at least 3 defenders out of position to bring him down when he drove it in and managed to offload more often than not, meaning the defence had to make an extra tackle. One of his numerous offloads in the game also set up the "offside try" scored by Haughey.

Admittedly though, he wasn't as effective in his second spell, having said that though, he played for the Rhino's on Monday and he is in the Rhino's 19 for today's game v Wigan, so maybe he eased off in preparation or was feeling tired from playing on Monday.

Some of the Hawks fans are bleating about Watson being poor at fullback, he made a couple of mistakes, but I thought he was one of there best players on the night.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a decent player but, from bits I had read about him, I was expecting to see a performance similar to one of the Aussie greats from years back. He is a good player at this level but was far from the world beater I was expecting, especially in the second half when I thought he was comparatively insignificant. Compare to Alex?

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a decent player but, from bits I had read about him, I was expecting to see a performance similar to one of the Aussie greats from years back. He is a good player at this level but was far from the world beater I was expecting, especially in the second half when I thought he was comparatively insignificant. Compare to Alex?

Murphy was a one-off - there's no comparison.

:hi:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Murphy was a one-off - there's no comparison.

No BSJ he's talking about Alex MUFF. ( in joke amongst the Batley faithful)

:hi:

Edited by colinb, 26 May 2013 - 04:17 PM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users