Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster Match

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#21 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

What about keeping miller at fullback?

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

What about keeping miller at fullback?

nah, you have to have carter in your team, hes been in great form and his positional play is better than elliots. plus we need pace out wide and a proper winger and only miller and calders fit that bill.

Edited by wonky, 21 May 2013 - 03:42 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

If we are picking a team based on heart rather than head, then after last weeks performance Forber should be included otherwise the philosophy of playing for your place means nothing! I also feel that the firmest Prop Forward position is when we rotate Thackray, Coward, Acton and Dowes, to leave any out is to weaken the team.

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

I feel Dowes has to step up in the second half of the season. There's only so long you can can hold on due to reputation and past performances .

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

If we are picking a team based on heart rather than head, then after last weeks performance Forber should be included otherwise the philosophy of playing for your place means nothing! I also feel that the firmest Prop Forward position is when we rotate Thackray, Coward, Acton and Dowes, to leave any out is to weaken the team.

i dont think you can pick off performances and include dowes, hes done very little in a town shirt, and the likes of walne and leuluai looked really good last week. this all depends on actons return.

#26 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

i dont think you can pick off performances and include dowes, hes done very little in a town shirt, and the likes of walne and leuluai looked really good last week. this all depends on actons return.

We were told resting Acton was just precautionary so I would hope to see him play this Sunday, we've done well without him, but he could make all the difference. I would be very confident of winning if he plays. 

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yes your right, he has shown he is that important . He turns games . Be good to see him maintaining a flying start rather than having to though !!!

#28 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm the eternal optimist! At the moment Walne is a perfect partner for Stack (in the absence of Phillips) and we don't know if Leuluai is available yet. I am certain that after a week off we will start to see the real Dowes.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'd be hoping to extend Walnes loan if possible . Even with Brett back he has the physique and strength to cover middle and flank forward , and he has that rare edge of the seat explosive running style .

Edited by DavidM, 21 May 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#30 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just found out I won't be there on Sunday! So hoping for a win

#31 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'd go for

Carter
Miller
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood
Lupton
Philips
Coward
Matty
Dowes
Walne
Stack
Olstrum

Subs

Acton
Thackray
Connor
Leuleui
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#32 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'd be hoping to extend Walnes loan if possible . Even with Brett back he has the physique and strength to cover middle and flank forward , and he has that rare edge of the seat explosive running style .

It also means we can take Brett and stack off for a breather and replace them with a guy who will give us as much impact as they do be worth keeping until the end of the season

#33 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'd go for

Carter
Miller
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood
Lupton
Philips
Coward
Matty
Dowes
Walne
Stack
Olstrum

Subs

Acton
Thackray
Connor
Leuleui

Can't argue with that team, probably what I would go for. Only talking point there would be no Forber, he's probably done enough to be in there again.

#34 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Can't argue with that team, probably what I would go for. Only talking point there would be no Forber, he's probably done enough to be in there again.

I agree but think he will be again be a victim of the need to play Lupton and Connor somewhere in the 17

#35 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Just can,t see how we can leave FORBER OR SHACKLEY out , to me CONNOR as done nothing for him to go in front of FORBER on present form,and to bring in a DR man to take SHACK,S place to me no??

#36 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Just can,t see how we can leave FORBER OR SHACKLEY out , to me CONNOR as done nothing for him to go in front of FORBER on present form,and to bring in a DR man to take SHACK,S place to me no??

On Sundays evidence leuleui offers far more to the team than Shackley the dual reg things irrelevant we need the best team possible on the field do agree on Connor but Ill be shocked if he isn't picked in all fairness given that he's been in the team since his arrival

#37 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

So what you are saying GILLMEITER that it five first team come available from WIDNES we should drop our lads and play the dual reg to make our team stronger??? IF players are injured by all means but lets not start to drop our lads to put in dual reg that his just my opinion.

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,222 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

So what you are saying GILLMEITER that it five first team come available from WIDNES we should drop our lads and play the dual reg to make our team stronger??? IF players are injured by all means but lets not start to drop our lads to put in dual reg that his just my opinion.

thats not what hes saying at all, but leuluai has been made available for quite a few weeks now so you would imagine he will be available for a good couple of games in the future as well and he had a stormer on sunday. its not like he would be getting replaced for a one off week. what your saying though abu is that if your a local lad you should be untouchable and never dropped for someone in better form which is crazy. we dont have enough lads fit to swap and change with our own so bringing in the likes of mcgraff is our only way of keeping the town players on there toes.

#39 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

thats not what hes saying at all, but leuluai has been made available for quite a few weeks now so you would imagine he will be available for a good couple of games in the future as well and he had a stormer on sunday. its not like he would be getting replaced for a one off week. what your saying though abu is that if your a local lad you should be untouchable and never dropped for someone in better form which is crazy. we dont have enough lads fit to swap and change with our own so bringing in the likes of mcgraff is our only way of keeping the town players on there toes.

Exactly if guys like Leuleui are available on an extended basis then we should be making the most of it we don't need the disharmony of dropping players for guys playing one off games for the benefit of the superleague team ala briers at Swinton but if we have a quality player available who can give us a regular run of games why not we will need them at some point anyway as injuries etc kick in

Likes of magraff may even end up a Workington player in the future!!

#40 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

And you know that i am not saying a local lad should not be dropped for some one in better form,if as you say a dr player is available for some weeks good,but i think the way it works we don,t know from week to week what players are free,If as you say he as bean available for a few weeks lets have him on loan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users