Doncaster Match

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#61 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

He's a half back for me no doubt . He has to perform for his place like everyone else , simple as that . We have 4 to choose , rather have them worries than the opposite . I'll stick by my thought that he has something but performances earn you're stripes , no argument there . At the moment you can see him on the bench as a utility if you can't fit him in , but for me definitely a middle player with his kicking game , that's a real asset he has got . We're getting the headaches you do want as a club !!

Edited by DavidM, 23 May 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#62 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think Connor needs to be given a proper chance at half, he hasn't really had a real go at it and he is also a good goal kicker I have heard.. Connor and Forber for me with Matty and Callum interchanging or even try cullum at 13.

#63 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Error

Edited by town82, 23 May 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#64 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

And what about playing MILLER in the centre???any thought,s on that.

#65 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

What about dowes and cotter on the wing - Matty at at full back - I just don't see where this idea of Connor having a great kicking game has come from? He defo seems to have pace ill give him that

#66 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

What about dowes and cotter on the wing - Matty at at full back - I just don't see where this idea of Connor having a great kicking game has come from? He defo seems to have pace ill give him that

hes got a great bomb and can get distance but his short kicking game is lacking. callum is too good to be given 20 minute spells he needs to be on for the 80, and him and forber seemed to link up better than any other combo weve tried. i would play connor at centre but he certainly has to pick his game up to justify town going out and bringing him in.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#67 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Bad news on him and Acton so the discussion is on hold ! Jamie is a big miss so hopefully Macgraff can come.

Edited by DavidM, 23 May 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#68 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Players need to be given time to settle in. Yes Connor has been here for 7-8 games but he has started on bench, played centre and then given a go in halves. First game in halves he got in team of the week, so I think he needs time.

#69 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Fair point . You can't underestimate a kicking game whatever anyone says , look how many tries come from bombs in modern rugby . And those drop outs were stunning . He played in grand final winning teams down under and has a powerful , runners build . Can't argue with the point he hasn't showed all he has , but I think he'll be a good acquisition , and he can play two or three spots . Tough playing centre here , and not many games for him yet at half so hope he gets fit and shows his form . If they do play him centre id like to see what he can do off good ball - bet he can shift , and they must position him to use that bomb! I say again though you need to perform , and having competition keeps you on your toes , he as much as anyone .Fair enough . Two from three for the next few weeks . All arguments are valid though , it's all up to him in the end isn't it to earn the plaudits ...

Edited by DavidM, 23 May 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#70 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

This site as been all the talk about our half backs for months now, but i think our weak spot is in the centre we need a bit more power and pace there,and from what i have seen so far this year some one like JESSIE JOE PARKER would do fine????

#71 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

That's fair enough Abu . We have strong defensive centres but not the most dynamic attacking wise . Some is the delivery , some is them . Big Red is improving , Hulme is there but we don't seem to want to try him ??? That must be an area we look at come seasons end . Hopefully Rooney will be fit , but lots of talk when we played Carcassone about Aitken , yet the player that caught my eye was Troy Savage at number four - top notch player . Someone like that would be awesome . First thing I did was look up his pedigree - no surprise on what he showed !

Edited by DavidM, 23 May 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#72 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

This site as been all the talk about our half backs for months now, but i think our weak spot is in the centre we need a bit more power and pace there,and from what i have seen so far this year some one like JESSIE JOE PARKER would do fine????

behave ursel abu jessies ours

#73 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

from the injuries then i cant see there being all to many options, so my team would be
carter
miller
jp
morris
calders
forber
phillips
coward
matty
thacks
stack
walne
olstrum

lupton
shacks
dowes
leuleui

#74 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I've got to have Lupton in , he's a great string puller and brain for us and has really performed this year .Will Connors injury force their hand on Hulme ? Will they go for JP ? Interesting . Centre is becoming a good talking point , someone to give us a bit more zing .

Edited by DavidM, 23 May 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#75 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I've got to have Lupton in , he's a great string puller and brain for us and has really performed this year .Will Connors injury force their hand on Hulme ? Will they go for JP ? Interesting .

i think theyll go for mossop to be honest. hopefully weve already been on the phone to widnes for mcgraff as weve lost 2 strong running forwards in brett and acton now.

#76 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

I think your right .

#77 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

By the way TOWN FAN 10 if that is the best you can post just don,t bother mate,you would expect that from one of the jams?

#78 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

sO IS aCTON DEFFO OUT ? What a blow if he is, whats the problem ?

#79 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

sO IS aCTON DEFFO OUT ? What a blow if he is, whats the problem ?

yeah another 3-4 weeks

#80 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Neck ligaments , all the best . Can't recall Kayles injury , wonder when that was . Same to him as well. We want a fully fit and competitive squad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users