Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster Match

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

That's right . This league in many ways is much of a muchness , the teams who do the basics best , grind away for 80 and have that on field general go a long way .

Edited by DavidM, 27 May 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#142 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I was absolutely gutted leaving the ground yesterday, but come on boys, it's not the end of the world !! We lost a game yesterday that we all thought was winnable but the truth is that we were never in control of the game after a lacklustre start. We didn't expect to win at Dewsbury so that was a bonus, it also took pressure off us for our next game against Hunslet which showed in our performance in a good win. It probably means that we will need to win our away games at haven and barrow to keep us out of the mire.

The pressure is back on us on Thursday and playing in front of the cameras heaps it on even more, we need a massive improvement on yesterday but we are capable of going there and getting a result. Donny won there last week and they are coming off the back of a thumping from Leigh yesterday. More pressure on them than us IMO.

The ref and his two linos were abysmal yesterday, but we were our own worst enemies in letting them back in it at the death. Stack being taken off near the end was a crazy decision and when the final scrum went down they loaded up the openside and we failed to match up numbers wise, waterman strolled in because we were well outnumbered.we knew where the ball was going so why didn't we shuffle our defence across ? It was De ja vu, Donny won it  2yrs ago with the final play in the same corner.

It was a poor crowd yesterday, but I don't think it's anything to do with the way we are playing. It was a sunny Bank Holiday Sunday with Magic weekend live on the box, what chance have we got ? It would be interesting to see what the rest of the attendances were like yesterday. I would imagine haven pulled a bigger crowd, but that was a big deby game and all juniors were getting in free, so you really can't compare the two.

Let's hope we turn up on Thursday, Keep the faith.

#143 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Nicely put unicorn, if the seventeen lads play with pride in the Town shirt on Thursday, then that will do for me!
I for one will be there on the night cheering the team all the way!

#144 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Are Keighley using DR ?

#145 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Are Keighley using DR ?

The DR link lately has been temporarily halted so that Daryl Powell can carry out a full review of his Castleford squad. However, it could restart at any time.

#146 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Bottom of the heap they'll be hoping very soon ... Friday will do.

#147 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Nicely put unicorn, if the seventeen lads play with pride in the Town shirt on Thursday, then that will do for me!
I for one will be there on the night cheering the team all the way!

Bit of conflicting stories in the two RL papers this morning about our injured players.   In the RL Express it was saying that Connor and Morris could be fit to play but in the League Weekly it said that Connor wouldn't be fit enough to play and that Acton was wanting to get back playing but the medics say he needs 3 to 4 weeks out of the game..    We'll just have to wait to see who plays!!

Edited by Keith T, 27 May 2013 - 08:37 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users