26/5 3pm

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

The referee for our @KingstoneCider @RLChampionships game at @InfoFevRovers on Sunday is Mr D Merrick. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Predictions?

Posted Image

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

The referee for our @KingstoneCider @RLChampionships game at @InfoFevRovers on Sunday is Mr D Merrick. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Predictions?

retribution Gav poor display against Leigh and the defeat to you at yours will deffo be rammed home to them at training good luck though.

chappy

#3 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Featherstone 56 - 6 York City Knights

Hope I'm wrong but after the last few performances and the fact Fev will be smarting from the Knights earlier win I think another tonking on the cards :-(

Edited by Shadow45, 21 May 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

If you have your DR in we should win but if there all your own anything could happen we all know what happened at your place

#5 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

If you have your DR in we should win but if there all your own anything could happen we all know what happened at your place

We've won games with DR players in the team too. We also lost by 90 points with no DR players in the team.

Lets just hope for 17 players that want to play regardless, and we should go alright.

Posted Image

#6 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Unfortunately i will not be going(birthday surprise) but i think they will tear us apart at there place , Just depends on what GT has said to them this week  and has it sunk in .

GOOD LUCK LADS , GIVE US FIRST AWAY WIN, GO ON I DEAR YOU.

#7 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Unfortunately i will not be going(birthday surprise) but i think they will tear us apart at there place , Just depends on what GT has said to them this week  and has it sunk in .

GOOD LUCK LADS , GIVE US FIRST AWAY WIN, GO ON I DEAR YOU.

DARE YOU , BEFORE YOU ALL HAVE A GO 

#8 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

I believe we'll win - also, Fev believe we'll win too.

#9 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I believe we'll win - also, Fev believe we'll win too.

What do the clever bookies think?

#10 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Not a clue. Odds are always against York regardless.

#11 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Just glad that waste of a shirt Jamie Shaul will hopefully never don a Knights jersey again , he was an insult to the club & his fellow players , Billy Big Time , he wants to try having a job then playing rugby ! He might appreciate the effort & commitment our boys put in during the week if he had to work for a living !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#12 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Game day. I'm so buzzing for it I might even wear a tie. Who's off?

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

York got 30 start

#14 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

i hope i'm wrong , but i fear we will need more

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,257 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Much quieter on here than after our previous fixture! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#16 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

They haven't seen the dvd yet Robin!!1

#17 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well...

Not such a bad game all in all. Fev are top of the league now and rightly so. They were bigger stronger faster older more experienced and better paid. And they put their first team out.

Tbh though, they had 3 tries that shouldn't have happened, so the 30 isnt far off what happened.

A try within 2 tackles of a kick off: now that is our fault for falling asleep, but it was their experience that scored that.

There was a try 3 tackles after a knock on was given against Brining, but it wasnt a knock on at all imho.

There was a try shortly after an alleged dangero us throw was penalised- that happened in front of us and it was a pearler, stenchion hit him so hard his legs just folded when he put him down. It was cited but I don't think it'll come to anything. The fev lad landed on his back, they made a meal of it, he came back on 5 minutes later.

Sully's try on halftime was outstanding. Don't think we saw the ball much after that.

So, I think, all things considered, decent match and well worth the journey.

All their tries were 10 yards short anyway ;)

#18 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

What's the story with Browny , apparently dropped , hope he's not going all big times Charlie on us , we've had enough of them this season
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#19 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

Couldnt fault the lads for 60 minutes of top effort.

Defence on the edges was good today but the lads took such a lot of pressure up the middle from Crossley, James and Co, they were out on their feet after the hour.

Scotty was excellent again as was Elvis and the Presley/Johnston partnership looks as though it might pay dividends against our tier of the division.

Az Lyons got a bad knock as did Nat Browne. New winger didnt do anything daft but didnt get more than the odd opportunity. Out of the DR Jack Briscoe was very good again but, and I know its a personal opinion, I'd just as soon have Jack Pickles and Ry Mallinder or Jack Iley in the back row..

Big thanks to Fordy who, once again, stopped the commentator dead in his tracks on several occasions during the match but provides a superb insight into what is, was, and should be going on out in the middle. Just a shame injury prevented him being out there with his troops..

#20 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

What's the story with Browny , apparently dropped , hope he's not going all big times Charlie on us , we've had enough of them this season

I would say that if any player under performs at home he should not be given the chance of playing away at the home of the top of the league. That isn't big time charlie player, that is good coaching imho. He was dropped, he didnt just not play. Also, we were never going to beat them away, but were always going to pick up injuries, so punishment/protection is even better coaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users