Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Dewsbury Rams 24 Swinton Lions 16 - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Another big game for us on Sunday,we should be up for this one after our last two games,wonder if Swinton will have any big names from Warrington against us.I will go for Rams 28 - Swinton 16 att 850.

Edited by Tom Coates, 28 May 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#2 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Absolutely gutted but am away for day so cannot attend. Think we will win and hopefully by more than 6 points.

Rams 22 Swinton 12

#3 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Absolutely gutted but am away for day so cannot attend. Think we will win and hopefully by more than 6 points.

Rams 22 Swinton 12

Rams 22 Swinton 12

Another massive game really.  I know the pressure feels like it has eased following the two wins, but only one of these was in the league and if we were to loose on Sunday we would be back in the mire.  With confidence hopefully restored we should win, but if a certain Adrian Morley plays for them, as he did last week, it should be interesting.

If we can take the three points and stop them getting a bonus point then I think we are rocking and rolling....

The way Swinton are playing the DR system (OK, I know we arent squeaky clean on this issue) I must confess that I would like to see them going down to be honest.

Edited by NickD, 22 May 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#4 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

The way Swinton are playing the DR system (OK, I know we arent squeaky clean on this issue) I must confess that I would like to see them going down to be honest.

To be honest, I don't really want to see anyone go down, as I think it could be goodbye forever for some clubs.

I think the way everyone is using the DR system, shows desperation, the wilderness that is relegation is a very frightening prospect for everyone! 

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#5 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks Nick

Stones and Glass houses comes to mind !

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Anyone heard whats happening sunday at the game? Are the 73 team going to be there with the trophy?? Just heard on twitter that they may be a little suprise for dewsbury fans this weekend

If so be nice to announce it in advance, may even top the 1,000 mark this weekend if we do?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 22 May 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#7 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well ive heard its slater & cronk turning out for us

;)

#8 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Another massive game really.  I know the pressure feels like it has eased following the two wins, but only one of these was in the league and if we were to loose on Sunday we would be back in the mire.  With confidence hopefully restored we should win, but if a certain Adrian Morley plays for them, as he did last week, it should be interesting.

If we can take the three points and stop them getting a bonus point then I think we are rocking and rolling....

Thats very nice of you Nick - so are you coming down with us or have you issues with another team

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

To be honest, I don't really want to see anyone go down, as I think it could be goodbye forever for some clubs.

I think the way everyone is using the DR system, shows desperation, the wilderness that is relegation is a very frightening prospect for everyone! 

Got to agree hugh - I would rather swinton went down than the rams, but that wouldn't be either personal or anything to do with DR, just selfishness on my part. I reckon any club going down this time will struggle to survive, and everybody will do what it takes to avoid it. I keep toying with the scenario in which the rams need to win the last game to avoid the drop, and Bradford, without a game that week, offer us samutt, Kearney and purtill. Hand on hearts - who would be so morally outraged amongst the rams faithful as to want GM to turn them down. Not me for sure.

#10 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Got to agree hugh - I would rather swinton went down than the rams, but that wouldn't be either personal or anything to do with DR, just selfishness on my part. I reckon any club going down this time will struggle to survive, and everybody will do what it takes to avoid it. I keep toying with the scenario in which the rams need to win the last game to avoid the drop, and Bradford, without a game that week, offer us samutt, Kearney and purtill. Hand on hearts - who would be so morally outraged amongst the rams faithful as to want GM to turn them down. Not me for sure.

Spot on!

I fear for RL, the powers that be need to be very careful. I know all Clubs are a business, but they rely on supporters to trade.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#11 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Would like to see a win on my birthday

I say Rams 30-16 Swinton

ATT: 800-1100
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#12 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

We shouldn't get too confident. We have a task to perform and must work hard to overcome whomsoever plays for the Lions.
I wouldn't wish them to be relegated as I have enjoyed the friendliness of their fans, most noticeable in recent times when they played at Whitefield.

Dewsbury 24 - 16 Swinton
Att: 674

Edited by Crown Flatter, 23 May 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#13 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

This is another game I shall miss.  :angry:

Rams 26 - Lions 14

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

We shouldn't get too confident. We have a task to perform and must work hard to overcome whomsoever plays for the Lions.
I wouldn't wish them to be relegated as I have enjoyed the friendliness of their fans, most noticeable in recent times when they played at Whitefield.

Dewsbury 24 - 16 Swinton
Att: 674

I put Swinton fans, along with those of Rochdale and Oldham as the friendliest and most sporting fans in rugby - must be something to do with the air in that part of lancs. :)  It's another reason I'd like the hornets and roughyeds to be brought back into the championship and - sorry, but s0d the development areas - give them their own comp.

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

On form we should win this one, as we should have the Workington game.

All the same I reckon we'll get on another roll at last:

Dews 28 - 16 Lions

Att 825

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I put Swinton fans, along with those of Rochdale and Oldham as the friendliest and most sporting fans in rugby - must be something to do with the air in that part of lancs. :)  It's another reason I'd like the hornets and roughyeds to be brought back into the championship and - sorry, but s0d the development areas - give them their own comp.

Sheffield, Barrow, Workington and Whitehaven for the chop then GOR?

:buba:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Thats very nice of you Nick - so are you coming down with us or have you issues with another team

Nar..only Batley.  Now if they went down that would be grand.....Nice of others to comment on the friendliness of your fans and to be honest I have to agree, but unfortunately two teams have got to go down and if its the team that chose to play Morley, Briers etc  I aint losing any sleep.  Rest assured however that Batley are my first choice....

#18 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Just noticed this topic had 666 views,needed a quick post, we need all the luck we can get at the minute.

Rams by 10.

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Sheffield, Barrow, Workington and Whitehaven for the chop then GOR?

:buba:

Hardly development areas though are they ?

#20 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Might make one in for this with us having played last night.

Rams 28 Swinton 18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users