Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

well we agree on one of the two things mate  :tongue: ooooh hang on I've only gone and done it again I am a prat and a sad individual for having a bit of banter on here apparently ! :ph34r:

I realised what you were getting at. Sometimes things posted on forums can be taken the wrong way when for all intents and purposes it was just a joke.

I honestly don't know what the RFL should do now. I'm not bothered about whether ourselves or Hull benefited from these types of errors, just that they happened in the first place. I am certain not everything Hudgell says or believes reaches the media so people can only take what they read of face value and base their opinion on that.

Personally, I just want to see us learn from it and ensure every effort is made so that it doesn't happen again.

Other than that, I'm out of the discussion.

#202 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I realised what you were getting at. Sometimes things posted on forums can be taken the wrong way when for all intents and purposes it was just a joke.

I honestly don't know what the RFL should do now. I'm not bothered about whether ourselves or Hull benefited from these types of errors, just that they happened in the first place. I am certain not everything Hudgell says or believes reaches the media so people can only take what they read of face value and base their opinion on that.

Personally, I just want to see us learn from it and ensure every effort is made so that it doesn't happen again.

Other than that, I'm out of the discussion.

I will be honest with you I've watched it a few times and I cannot believe it myself the only thing I am struggling to find is the runner that he supposedly got mixed up with

#203 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

at 51 sec he slows it right down and both players on the halfway line are clearly offside - its impossible for an amatuer to be tracking the wrong man never mind a refs instructor - im sorry but there is no excuse whatsoever
its either rubbish he is spouting to cover up his real reason or its incompetence of the highest level .
either one its totally unacceptable

What's the real reason then

#204 the phoenix

the phoenix
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

What's the real reason then

havent got a clue mate - only ganson can answer that one 

but if are expected to accept his excuse of tracking the wrong player we have to accept that a mistake of that magnitude is incompetence of the highest order and he is is not fit for the job 

after it was seen on the big screen even the players went back to the middle for the expected penalty

Edited by the phoenix, 29 May 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#205 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

after it was seen on the big screen even the players went back to the middle for the expected penalty

or the re-start after the conversion!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!