Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

The only thing that could spoil this game would be a diatribe from Jon Wells.

Oh hang on...............

His breathless rants are embarrassing, and completely pointless.

i may be in the minoritt but I quite like his contribution.

#62 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

I also like Wells analysis

#63 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

I am a ref.
I am speechless?
Don't ask me what ganson was looking at!

I was one up until recently and I have absolutely no idea how that try was given. Disgrace, farce, joke etc.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#64 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,855 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

It's a shame that we can't hear the video ref for Sky unlike for Premier Sports.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#65 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Me too. Enthusiasm and good explanations.

#66 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

well i fancy hull,they have been playing the better stuff and then coming up with errors cut the errors out and they win,must say it looks like a great crowd and top weather can't wait for the main course tomorrow ;)

told ya :onthequiet:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#67 Riversiderontour

Riversiderontour
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

He must be on glue to give that, and I backed FC to win

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.

Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

#68 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

ganson is repaying us for that male genitals last year

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#69 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

What a  shame we can't recruit better material than Ganson, Hundreds of thousands of people watching one of our show pieces and he pulls another of his stunts, and he is going to be the new Cummings?. Lord help us but we deserve all we get.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#70 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

One for the Ref's/ex Ref's, I guess. With regard to being 'within the ten' do the rules explicitly define playing at the ball as touching it? Would the rules allow Ganson to judge that Eden played at the ball as it came down even though he didn't touch it?

Edited by intheshed, 25 May 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#71 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm a Hull fan and believe me that was daylight robbery. I still don't feel sorry for the Dobbins though. ;)

Edited by deluded pom?, 25 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#72 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

One the Ref's/ex Ref's, I guess. With regard to being 'within the ten' do the rules explicitly define playing at the ball as touching it? Would the rules allow Ganson to judge that Eden played at the ball as it came down even though he didn't touch it?

Just to be clear, no.

The rule of staying outside the 10 metres only applies to an opposition player try to catch the ball from a kick. Once Eden had let it bounce it negated the penalty for interference. But the offside still applies to the player unless the opposition player recovers it and gains 10 metres (same as if a player is offside at the play-the-ball) or he touches the ball without gaining possession.

Given the replays show it seemed Ganson decided it was okay from something around the kick, as he then looked at the grounding rather than checking other angles to see if Eden had made any contact with the ball. No idea what he thought he saw though.

#73 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

One for the Ref's/ex Ref's, I guess. With regard to being 'within the ten' do the rules explicitly define playing at the ball as touching it? Would the rules allow Ganson to judge that Eden played at the ball as it came down even though he didn't touch it?

A bit  like the intention to do something is as good as doing it , so should be judged the same,  That would be handy for one team i can think of ,They intend to score lots of tries. Lot simpler to get rid of Ganson, the man just never learns.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#74 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Section 8 – Offside
8.1 When Players are Offside
8.1.1 A player is offside if he/she touches the ball after it is touched, held or kicked by one of his/her own team behind him/her.
8.1.2 A player cannot be offside in his/her own in-goal.
8.1.3 An offside player shall not take part in the game or attempt in any way to influence the course of the game.

8.2 Players to Retire 10 Metres
8.2.1 An offside player shall not encroach within 10 metres of an opponent who is waiting for the ball.
8.2.2 An offside player shall retire 10 metres from an opponent who first secures possession of the ball.

8.3 Player Placed Onside
An offside player is placed onside in the following circumstances:
8.3.1 An opposing player runs 10 metres or more with the ball. 8.3.2 An opposing player touches the ball, but does not retain it.
8.3.3 A team mate in possession of the ball runs in front of the offside player.
8.3.4 A team mate kicks or knocks the ball forward and takes up a position in front of his/her in the field of play.
8.3.5 If he/she retires behind the point where the ball was last touched by one of his/her team mates

Edited by simonwref, 25 May 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#75 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I don't think any of those cover it do they?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#76 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Nope, but just thought is post it for info!

#77 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, thought so.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#78 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Tbh, I went to check it to see if there was some rule that ganson knew that I wasn't aware of, but no, it is black and white, in the words of stevo, its n-o-t-r-y. End of!

#79 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Tbh, I went to check it to see if there was some rule that ganson knew that I wasn't aware of, but no, it is black and white, in the words of stevo, its n-o-t-r-y. End of!

Maybe he had his foot in touch while he was getting up to play the ball...

;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#80 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

1. He hasn't got Cummings job - that job was shared and Sharp has overall control - Ganson has been found a new role 

2. If I had posted on here earlier I would have been banned

3. He is due to make a statement

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users