Photo
- - - - -

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Perfectly good try from Green .........

#82 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Deary me. The first one was a big BoD but I thought no try. Second one just a shocker. Not wanting to be a drama queen (but quite obviously frocking up as we speak), that makes Ganson's job pretty much untenable as far as I can see.
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#83 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Sounds odd but were any tries disallowed today?! Blame the technology!!

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#84 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

this was me  earlier ( in my head ) 

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Apols no offence to anyone, but it just shows how it made me feel, not what I'd actually do

- I await the statement when he says sorry I pushed the wrong button - or maybe, I have to agree I am not suited to the new role of coaching new referees

Edited by amh, 25 May 2013 - 07:52 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#85 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

#Rugbyleague RFL statement - The RFL have admitted that video referee Steve Ganson made an incorrect decision in awarding a try to Chris Green of Hull FC in the closing stages Super League fixture against Hull Kingston Rovers at the Etihad Stadium today.

RFL Head of Match Officials Jon Sharp said: “We have reviewed the decision and it is clear that Steve made the wrong call.

“Honesty and accountability are important to the Match Officials Department and we can only apologise for the error.

“Steve has been in contact with Hull Kingston Rovers and offered his apologies: he is one of the sport’s most experienced officials and deeply regrets having got it wrong.

“As with all fixtures, we will conduct a full review of the performance of our match officials following Magic Weekend and will take what steps we can to ensure that mistakes like this do not happen again.”

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#86 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ha ha it makes it even better it was a wrong call, for all you Rovers fans get over it what goes around comes around another great Magic Weekend enjoyed. Hull fans really did traveling numbers and the atmosphere at the end was electric.

#87 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Sad man

#88 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ha ha it makes it even better it was a wrong call, for all you Rovers fans get over it what goes around comes around another great Magic Weekend enjoyed. Hull fans really did traveling numbers and the atmosphere at the end was electric.

What a Pratt you are

#89 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

What a Pratt you are

Since when did a bit of banter have to turn into personal insults grow up.

#90 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I understand the Hull banter with KR but I don't think I'd be taking the pee after that, history or none

#91 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

I understand the Hull banter with KR but I don't think I'd be taking the pee after that, history or none

The Hull and Rovers were amongst each other all day even after the game friends taking the mickey out of each other we take it with a pinch of salt and laugh it off, its a pity that some people on here cannot do the same

#92 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Very few people outside Hull will give much of a s*** which  side won as long as it was a good match, No side deserves decisions like that, not even your side, as a matter of interest which other Magic weekend did you enjoy.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#93 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Very few people outside Hull will give much of a s*** which side won as long as it was a good match, No side deserves decisions like that, not even your side, as a matter of interest which other Magic weekend did you enjoy.

Last years if check my posts on one of the Magic threads

#94 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Steve Ganson made a couple of howlers last year when allowing two of Hull KR's last three tries that gave them victory over Hull FC.

I suggest you lot get off your high horses, watch last year's game, and accept that these things happen sometimes.

Oh, how sweet it felt.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#95 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

The Hull and Rovers were amongst each other all day even after the game friends taking the mickey out of each other we take it with a pinch of salt and laugh it off, its a pity that some people on here cannot do the same

the atmosphere and edge of seat drama at the end made it the best game today IMO , and I understand I may be misreading comments and missing the laughing at each other. Maybe you're all buying each other a pint and saying that's pay back for last time mate. I'd sooner have an outright win and a stick that in your pipe and smoke it after years of losing to opposition type win - if you know what I mean. It must feel sweet to get 'revenge' for last time's forward pass. Hope you've enjoyed the day, I thought it came across well on telly, and have a good night

#96 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

#Rugbyleague RFL statement - The RFL have admitted that video referee Steve Ganson made an incorrect decision in awarding a try to Chris Green of Hull FC in the closing stages Super League fixture against Hull Kingston Rovers at the Etihad Stadium today.

RFL Head of Match Officials Jon Sharp said: “We have reviewed the decision and it is clear that Steve made the wrong call.

“Honesty and accountability are important to the Match Officials Department and we can only apologise for the error.

“Steve has been in contact with Hull Kingston Rovers and offered his apologies: he is one of the sport’s most experienced officials and deeply regrets having got it wrong.

“As with all fixtures, we will conduct a full review of the performance of our match officials following Magic Weekend and will take what steps we can to ensure that mistakes like this do not happen again.”

Whilst it shouldn't have happened and, at best, it's a brain ache from Ganson, credit to both him and the RFL for not trying to hide from the error or come up with some lame excuse.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#97 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Oddly, I can only think of 2 games in which you could say with absolute certainty that a referee's decision has changed the result. This one and the one between Leeds and Bradford In Cardiff - where again a clear off side was ignored iirc. I trust HKR will console themselves that they played pretty well and have plenty of opportunities ahead to build on this. I would also have disallowed the Yeaman try, but such is life. The last decision only made a 1 point difference, I suppose. Glad I'm not a HKR fan.
If Wigan had beaten Saints in this manner, ashamed though I am to write it, I would be feeling pretty pleased just now.

#98 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Don't really know what to say on this one. Was at the game so went absolutely mental when Green went over.  Looking at the replay at the ground,we honestly couldn't see why there was any doubt - so we went on celebrating.  Just got home & watched it & he was clearly a long way off-side. First thought that Eden may have played him on by touching the ball, but obviously not the case.

Now that the euphoria has subsided (a bit) I'm very uncomfortable with the decision, Everyone wants to win a game, especially a derby, but I'm very, very uncomfortable about getting two points from that decision.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#99 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

the atmosphere and edge of seat drama at the end made it the best game today IMO , and I understand I may be misreading comments and missing the laughing at each other. Maybe you're all buying each other a pint and saying that's pay back for last time mate. I'd sooner have an outright win and a stick that in your pipe and smoke it after years of losing to opposition type win - if you know what I mean. It must feel sweet to get 'revenge' for last time's forward pass. Hope you've enjoyed the day, I thought it came across well on telly, and have a good night

Amh my phones has been red hot with texts all from my Rovers friends nothing personal , no insults just banter. As OF said some people need to get off there high horse they obviously don't understand the rivalry between friends and families in Hull

#100 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Steve Ganson made a couple of howlers last year when allowing two of Hull KR's last three tries that gave them victory over Hull FC.

I suggest you lot get off your high horses, watch last year's game, and accept that these things happen sometimes.

Oh, how sweet it felt.

So two wrongs do make a right after all then, I'm not complaining about the result, i didn't mind who won,  and i know we get lots and  lots and lots of wrong calls, for  various reasons, unfortunately we get one or two from Ganson who had all the time in  the world to see what every one else saw, only he saw something else, and now we have him apologizing Yet again.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users